Second build up from the short block

I was just talking generalized Gary, not specific.

I just don’t want you to go through what guys like Jody did 20 years ago. The YSi is a nice blower, it just has to be turned hard to utilize it.

The Ti is a great blower for a lot of people and if you get the V1 H/D one it can be over spun some (and can use cogs)

I know that grip tech pulley will eat your belt up in about 9 or 10 passes. My neighbor runs them on his 10.0 coyote mustang. The one day we took his belt off, and it was almost smooth. They do work, but your belt life is short. And if your driving it on the street, it will last even less.
Already got 10 passes on our Griptec pulley and belt looks same... Idk. Maybe we need to put more passes on it to see a difference. But we only use it for racing.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OK, sorry for the giant image. Gary, this is really the only clean log I got before Spookfest. It spun and short-shifted through 1st and 2nd, but I stayed in it until about 100 mph in 3rd. Max boost was 8.7 and you can see it trailing off at the end of the run ~7.6. I need to smooth out my 3 analog sensors (MAP, FP, and oil press) more. In TunerStudio I have the signal coming out pretty much raw with no smoothing (TS calls it lag factor). Not sure where it needs to be, but they are too jumpy. I say all that because the boost reading should even out better. I was also having an odd electrical issue that started just before SF so that might be contributing to it. I'm not sure why the picture shows a spike at the end, weird it is not like that in the log viewer, so ignore it.

Oh, also, just like me it's fat and has very little timing LOL.

Anyway, here's a pic of the datalog.

Test-before-SF-1.PNG

Raymond, I have fp and op at like 15. They're still twitchy enough for the reaction time to be well within what I consider to be acceptable.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ray I have fp and op at like 15. They're still twitchy enough for the reaction time to be well within what I consider to be acceptable.

Oh damn, yeah mine is at like 75! Going to try 15, I'll post an idle datalog in a bit.

Last edited:
Gotta remember those blowers are rated at flywheel power. The ysi will put down over 1000k hp to the tire if that's what you are looking to get at. The T trim won't do that.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't smooth MAP any further. You're looking at very small percentage changes and you'll end up with sluggish response if you mess with it.

I wouldn't smooth MAP any further. You're looking at very small percentage changes and you'll end up with sluggish response if you mess with it.

Good advice, all I've done at the moment is change the lag factor on FP and OP.

I think with boost what you’re seeing in the log is the reverberation of inside the engine manifold. Every time those intake valves open and close you were seeing pressure drops and spikes.

It's the range. The RPM scale is about ten times the MAP scale. That makes the little variations look much smoother because in essence you're zoomed much further out.

Jeff, the scale of the log or the amount of times the megasquirt “reads” the signal? Would the crank sensor pickup tooth (magnet) count change that?

Jeff, the scale of the log or the amount of times the megasquirt “reads” the signal? Would the crank sensor pickup tooth (magnet) count change that?

I think what Jeff is saying that in the displayed data you have a mix of items with greatly different values. 5700 RPM for example vs 8 PSI boost, so the software has to draw that out. Also I just found smoothing in MegalogViewer. Much easier to read!

I think the normal logger uses the same sampling rate for everything, only the high speed loggers have the higher resolution where the pickups can make a difference.

And right, for MAP you're looking at a range of ~200 (-100 to +100-ish). For RPM, a range of about 6000. If you zoom in on the RPM plot 30 times, it'll look as jittery as the MAP does instead of that nice, smooth curve.

OK, sorry for the giant image. Gary, this is really the only clean log I got before Spookfest. It spun and short-shifted through 1st and 2nd, but I stayed in it until about 100 mph in 3rd. Max boost was 8.7 and you can see it trailing off at the end of the run ~7.6. I need to smooth out my 3 analog sensors (MAP, FP, and oil press) more. In TunerStudio I have the signal coming out pretty much raw with no smoothing (TS calls it lag factor). Not sure where it needs to be, but they are too jumpy. I say all that because the boost reading should even out better. I was also having an odd electrical issue that started just before SF so that might be contributing to it. I'm not sure why the picture shows a spike at the end, weird it is not like that in the log viewer, so ignore it.

Oh, also, just like me it's fat and has very little timing LOL.

Anyway, here's a pic of the datalog.

Test-before-SF-1.PNG

Ray, thanks for sharing. I bet that 8-9 psi felt really good after 6 years of putting that thing together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back