PiMPxs (MS3)

Holy **** good luck trying to put the USB cord in the side of the ECU after you install in firewall....Especially if you have meat clubs for hands not happnin. tools needed are 2 remote cameras , 2 mechanical arm fingers along with many many wonderful tasty drink products followed up with allot of hateful words to your fellow mankind...God speed

Holy **** good luck trying to put the USB cord in the side of the ECU after you install in firewall....Especially if you have meat clubs for hands not happnin. tools needed are 2 remote cameras , 2 mechanical arm fingers along with many many wonderful tasty drink products followed up with allot of hateful words to your fellow mankind...God speed

LOL, that's why you hook it up and leave it connected :) If you're worried about the USB cable picking up interference you can use a serial cable.

You can access the back of it where all connections are through the kick panel by unbolting the parking brake & laying it out of the way.

Raymond needs to build us a PNPMS2 (or 3) specifically for the Gen 1 just with no trans control (but with can bus because the quick 4 is suppose to eventually have can bus built in)

Raymond needs to build us a PNPMS2 (or 3) specifically for the Gen 1 just with no trans control (but with can bus because the quick 4 is suppose to eventually have can bus built in)

I have some ideas, not sure how fast I get it done, but I've already ordered some parts LOL.

Nows the time I wish I had a stock (running) truck to experiment on.

Nows the time I wish I had a stock (running) truck to experiment on.

Its a shame were not any closer, you could have used mine. It's going to be sitting most of the summer until I recoup from a second knee replacement.......god this getting old stuff is for the birds!!

Stinger Performance is working on a Pimpxs ECM that will control E4OD trans as well as fuel and ignition. It comes in the stock ECM case so it will fit in the stock location. The unit with the additional trans control is a couple of months out.

The PiMPx/PiMPxs can communicate via USB (side port) or through the expansion port which exits the ECU on the opposite end as the EEC connector via serial connection. Serial allows you to add a cheap bluetooth or wifi module if you want to communicate with it wirelessly. It also uses CAN protocol for communicating with other CAN devices if desired.

As stated, MAP port can be moved to almost anywhere in the case, just drill a hole and move the MAP nipple to the new location.

It is full MS3x with full sequential capability (PiMPxs) or batch fire (PiMPx) and there is no loss of I/O's. As stated, the most "plug and play" version for a batch fire Lightning is the PiMPx as it's designed for batch fire applications. If your Lightning has been re-wired for a Mustang ECU and sequential injection then the PiMPxs will allow you to run sequentially as well.

If this unit can be made to be a real plug and play for a Stock lightning with trans control I think a bunch of guys will be on board.

There is talk of the quick 4 being made win can bus in the future. If we could plug the quick 4 into this unit with the can bus to control the transmission without having to run separate wires to the transmission (have the wiring go through this unit) that would be AWESOME!

It's already plug and play for batch fire Lightnings, or Mustang ECU/A9L swapped Lightnings, you just need a separate trans controller.

CAN protocol is essentially universal so as long as Quick 4 utilizes standard CAN protocol then they should be able to communicate with each other when they add CAN to their device. Regardless, the prototype boards for the PiMPx/PiMPxs ECU's with trans control built-in are being assembled right now so once those are ready, we'll install it in a few E4OD equipped vehicles to finalize the design, develop base tunes for the trans, etc., and then we'll be ready to release an ECU/trans control all-in-one unit. Obviously the price will be higher than the ECU by itself but it won't be more than the ECU + Quick 4 & Harness currently is.

If/when your new setup is ready to go with the trans controls then it will be a true plug-n-play for our trucks. Until then I can’t just plug it into my 4,000 mile original Gen 1 Lightning.

The map sensor port will have to be moved to the front or rear of the case so we can actually slide the unit into the truck. And I’m not sure if the USB port or SD card slot can be accessed at all once it’s slid into the truck.

A ton of us are looking for something that can just 100% replace our old, slow, PCM’s. Not add wires or re-pin harnesses.

It's already plug and play for batch fire Lightnings, or Mustang ECU/A9L swapped Lightnings, you just need a separate trans controller.

CAN protocol is essentially universal so as long as Quick 4 utilizes standard CAN protocol then they should be able to communicate with each other when they add CAN to their device. Regardless, the prototype boards for the PiMPx/PiMPxs ECU's with trans control built-in are being assembled right now so once those are ready, we'll install it in a few E4OD equipped vehicles to finalize the design, develop base tunes for the trans, etc., and then we'll be ready to release an ECU/trans control all-in-one unit. Obviously the price will be higher than the ECU by itself but it won't be more than the ECU + Quick 4 & Harness currently is.

Definitely appreciate you guys tackling this. I had a prototype set up with 2 Microsquirt cards talking over CAN, but the E4OD support just was there and I stopped (I'm running an MS3/3X with a Quick 4 now). Maybe you guys will have better sway with James, I could never get clear answers around the Analogue PRNDL not working and the OD cancel switch set up and a couple of other items. I guess those might be things you take care of it yourself. Also, and as you probably know, the stock EEC case fits in a pretty narrow opening in the trucks, so case size pretty much needs to be the same as the stock EEC-IV unless you're going with some sort of extension harness or mounting it in the engine bay?

Thanks again!

If/when your new setup is ready to go with the trans controls then it will be a true plug-n-play for our trucks. Until then I can’t just plug it into my 4,000 mile original Gen 1 Lightning.

The map sensor port will have to be moved to the front or rear of the case so we can actually slide the unit into the truck. And I’m not sure if the USB port or SD card slot can be accessed at all once it’s slid into the truck.

A ton of us are looking for something that can just 100% replace our old, slow, PCM’s. Not add wires or re-pin harnesses.

Yes, I already addressed that there are other ways to communicate with the ECU other than the USB port if desired/necessary. I also addressed that the MAP can be moved easily.

If you can't handle moving a pin or two if necessary (a process that only takes a few minutes and doesn't do anything that isn't reversible and doesn't require any cutting of wires) then you certainly shouldn't be trying to install a new ECU/trans controller and tune it. That's a much bigger deal from an ability/investment/time standpoint than moving a few pins. I understand the desire to be absolutely 100% tailored to your application but when there were only 11,500 Lightnings built, only some of those remain, and only a small portion of those remaining are looking to replace the ECU, so it's not a large enough market to command it's own product when we can build a product that will work perfectly for your application (and a bunch of others) with a few minutes of work and not have to spend thousands in development costs/machining differences/inventory to save each Lightning owner a few minutes of time.

We're doing what we can to fill what we see as a void in the market. Hopefully it is appreciated and you guys are willing to support our efforts.

FYI, our prototype work will be done in the Charlotte, NC area so if there is a willing Lightning owner in the area, let me know.

So Got my PimpXS in and love it so far wow super easy and runs top just an FYI

Mike, what are you using to tune the transmission? Quick 4? Did you have to move the map sensor port? Did you have to rep-in the harness? Can you access the USB port when it’s in the truck?

Back