PiMPxs (MS3)

Yeah, if it’s just MS3 without the 3X daughter card then you lose the ability to go full sequential and a bunch of I/O ports. And that might be fine for some folks, all depends ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if you went to their site Raymond but it says this.

“PiMPxs is the Sequential Fuel version of the PiMPx (requires injector wiring mods for applications that aren't sequential in stock form).”

Best I can tell from their marketing speak is that it's an MS3, but it can do sequential. They mention an "expansion" card which I am thinking is an MS3X. Not bashing the system at all, just trying to translate their lingo in to normal Megasquirt lingo :)

The xs version is sequential? It would really be nice if they could get it to run the trans or sell a harness to do so like Jamie states.
That is something Shannon (the owner of Stinger Performance) and I have spoke a out. This is a MS3X based ECU. You still have to run the Microsquirt or other stand alone device for trans control. Yes, you can run this with MAS if you already have it but it is not required. After speaking with Raymond, and countless hours of research I just wasn't convinced that the Microsquirt is ready for E4OD. I told Shannon that I would be willing to do some testing for the Microsquirt on the E4OD when he is ready.

Unfortunately I have to go to WA for the next 6 weeks for work so the project is on hold until after that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
They built that setup for a Mustang. You could easily just take that plastic vacuum port off and route the MAP sensor somewhere else. You could also just use an external MAP sensor if they are using the MS3X daughter card. You actually have a Microsquirt setup pictured. A long USB cord would have to be run under the dash in a Lightning and left permanently attached. Although in my design I added a bluetooth module :) The SD card would be a challenge, I would just log over bluetooth or USB depending on what I needed and the sample rate.
I am moving the vacuum port to the back. As mentioned the USB cable will be permanently connected. I may just put a port in the ashtray. As for the SD card I can install an extender for that as well which will also go in the ashtray.

Well I am concerned about a few wires that mat not be pinned correctly for the Lightning. The main reason I went with the PiMPxs was to avoid the majority of the wiring. I will still have to do some wiring when I switch to sequential. I have attached a wiring diagram of the PiMPx pin out. This does not include the break out for sequential.

Issues with current pin out
Pin 43 Lightning A/C panel input, PIMP WBo2-2
Pin 12 L not used, P injector 3
Pin 13, 14 and 15 L not used, P injector 4,5,6
Pin 42 L trans fluid temp, P injector 7
Pin 52 L trans shift solenoid 1, P injector 8
Pin 31 L Canister purge output, P boost
Pin 30 L not used, P boost control
Pin 52 listed again for fan on PiMP
8b49919321701d52a410c9cd96d331a3.jpg

The pimpx non sequential would probably have matched the lightning wiring with less modification since it is set up for batch firing the injectors like the factory lightning pcm.
The pimpxs wiring probably closely matches the original 5.0 mustang wiring since it sequential fired the injectors.

I think what I found on the forum last night is that of the pins don't master. I will have to on pin them and put them in the required locations for sequential.

Last edited:
The pimpx non sequential would probably have matched the lightning wiring with less modification since it is set up for batch firing the injectors like the factory lightning pcm.
The pimpxs wiring probably closely matches the original 5.0 mustang wiring since it sequential fired the injectors.

You might be right I haven't looked at the sequential Diagram yet I planned on firing it in batch fire 1st

I think what I found on the forum last night is that of the pins don't mass I will have to on pin them and put them in the correct locations to do the job that it needs to do

They have not officially run one of these on a lighting yet so I'm a Guinea pig If I have to re pin some locations and the wiring harness its not a big deal

They have not officially run one of these on a lighting yet so I'm a Guinea pig If I have to re pin some locations and the wiring harness its not a big deal

The Lightning and Fox pinouts are darn close, where you will have work is the injector pins. Obviously the Lightning harness only has two (bank to bank) whereas the Mustang has 8. Power, grounds, VREF, and a bunch of others are the same. O2s are also different, but it's not a huge deal.

You might be right I haven't looked at the sequential Diagram yet I planned on firing it in batch fire 1st

Can you use it batch fire? , the diagram u posted shows 8 injector wires. Unless you can turn it to batch fire in the software it would seem that the fuel setups would be based on sequential fire of the injectors.

Can you use it batch fire? , the diagram u posted shows 8 injector wires. Unless you can turn it to batch fire in the software it would seem that the fuel setups would be based on sequential fire of the injectors.

Yes I can set it as batch fire.

Any update? I somehow came across this on corral.net on someone's fox and became interested. Seems cheaper route to go when wanting the tuning ability.. and if we can use Pro-M harness with this ECU. I think, it would be a game changer for our trucks.

Any update? I somehow came across this on corral.net on someone's fox and became interested. Seems cheaper route to go when wanting the tuning ability.. and if we can use Pro-M harness with this ECU. I think, it would be a game changer for our trucks.

Sorry have been slacking lately. With the heat starting to hit in AZ I have some outside work that needs to be done. I will be getting this project kicked off within the next to weeks.

I'm interested in this, I'm currently running DIYautotunes PNPMS2 (megasquirt 2) in my truck with a baumann TCS for the trans control. I would love to be able to step up to ms3 for more options.

I'm interested in this, I'm currently running DIYautotunes PNPMS2 (megasquirt 2) in my truck with a baumann TCS for the trans control. I would love to be able to step up to ms3 for more options.

Tim, tell me more about the PNPMS2 you have. Which mustang one did you buy? What did you have to do to install it? What can’t it do that you need the MS3 for? Etc...

Tim, tell me more about the PNPMS2 you have. Which mustang one did you buy? What did you have to do to install it? What can’t it do that you need the MS3 for? Etc...

I thought it had boost control per gear( meaning controlling different boost levels in each gear) and I thought it had traction control abilities. In reality I’m pretty happy with the ms2 and probably won’t spend the money to upgrade.

As far as what I did, my truck already had a wiring harness modified by Ed struck by to run a foxbody Ecu and Baumann TCS, so it was plug & play just like a mustang. One thing I didn’t like was that the box they put it in to mimic the factory computer was larger. I had to cut the firewall opening a bit to fit it & cut the bracket it fits in to install it and it was still tight. Looking at it with the black cover that slides over the 60 pin connector you can’t see it, but I wanted to mention it because I’m sure there are others like me that mod the heck out of their trucks, but draw the line at cutting. If you have any more questions about it I will answer the best I can. I think it’s very user friendly. I never did anything on my own with the tweecer other than change shift points & speed limiter, and I have tuned this combo from the start.

Back