My Post Lightning Build

That is going to look amazing!!!

Want to mini-tub a Lightning? ;)

And talk about a LOL moment... I found this while poking around your Lightning mini-tub thread.

Ha! That is funny,Jeff. When I first bought the Lightning,I still owned my 85 Foxbody,got so interested in the truck that I sold the car! Plans changed!

And now,the way things worked out,with the Falcon for weenie cruising,I'm going all out on the Fairlane :tu

Don't make the mistake I made with the truck,move the tub all the way to the frame.

Last edited:
Looks good Brian! I watched the 2 vids you posted on YouTube as well. Keep them coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few update pics.

Ride height shot:

Moving the firewall back about 9" and the motor about 7". Front/mid plates for mounting:

And moving the driver's position back also:

Kind of down waiting on parts ATM. ;m

Looks like you’ll be able to drop the pan right off the motor if you need to with it back that far!!!

Would you be able to reach the shifter at that driver’s position? Or add linkage?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If he's moving the motor back 7" won't that also move the trans back the same? So the shifter will be reachable, just coming through a different area of the tunnel.

Brian, why the major relocation?

If he's moving the motor back 7" won't that also move the trans back the same? So the shifter will be reachable, just coming through a different area of the tunnel.

I know the shifter is far back on the T56 but looking at the picture of the seat location it still looks like a stretch..but it’s so hard to tell from a picture(why I asked).

I’m guessing moving weight back for balance is the primary reason but I’m eager to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, better weight distribution. Stock from Ford,in order to have a big back seat area,the engine/driver are very far forward. Figure with the fuel call and radiator at the back I can get it 50/50. The shifter is within reach,but if it needs it,Sikky makes these: https://www.sikky.com/product/t56-magnum-9-shifter-relocation-kit/

9" being the longest,4" the shortest.

Been playing around with motor plates,waiting on the rear suspension parts is getting old! Don't want to cut anymore floor pan out until I weld in the 4 link frame and subs.

We you have plenty of room for an intercooler LOL.

Or maybe a crank driven Pro Charger :)

Happy New Year Guys. I finally got some parts and can get at it. I went ahead and cut all the floor out. Figured it'd be easier/better in the end.

Tack welded in place for now:

- - - Updated - - -

Did you fab the frame up?

Bought the rear clip jig welded, figured it'd go in faster and be straight/square...now my opinion is unwelded would be better. Shipping was more $, and it's got a few less than perfect spots. Nothing too bad, just me being picky.

The rails/connectors and the rest will be what ever I come up with.

Back