My Post Lightning Build

It looks nice!

Maybe you won’t cut it apart until after spookfest so you can drive it there!

I can’t believe how good that car is. Like a time machine....
Jamie there’s no way he can wait that long. Probably out there tearing it apart this morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL,I'll prob leave it together for a month or so. Plan is for an AJE strut front end,and they are 6 weeks out on shipping as of last week. But I hear you guys,I texted a buddy at 7:00am,told him that it showed up at 1:00am,and his reply was,"is the motor out yet?"

In factory trim this car weighs about 2380. It came standard with 95 hp and was available with the two baby Windsor power plants, 260 and 289. Maximum available factory hp was a whopping 195 out of the 289ci V8. Which is a pretty respectable hp/weight ratio.
It should run mid 13s with the 289.

Now put in 427W, turbo(s), T56m, built rear, roll cage, etc.

My guess is that it’s gonna be 27-2900 lbs with driver.

2900 lbs @1000 hp= 8.31 @ 163 mph

This thing is gonna be crazy! I can’t wait to see it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well nothing like starting a build with a good solid platform.

Should be a fun build those lil cars are pretty easy to work with everything has room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a great day with it. Aired up the tires,checked the fluids,and loaded 5 people in it and went for a 45 mile cruise! Thing drives unbelievably! Descent power and comfortable. My wife loves it so much as is, she wants me to buy something else to build! :blink::blink:

...there was a 65 Ranchero I was eyeing up...

Three on the tree??

I don't think I could cut that one up, either! But it would be pretty awesome to do anyway.

i agree with your wife. if your wife is happy, everyone is happy. plus that falcon is 55 years old and pristine, i just couldn't do it, but that's just me, your car.

I agree also,it is nice as is....unless I can't find a suitable build candidate in a reasonable amount of time. :nono:

Ray, thanks! That's a great way to update and get something to tweak!

Back