My Post Lightning Build

Yup,200! Hell I can see having a bit of fun with the 6 banger. Vintageinlines has an alum head that bumps HP 50% with typical bolt ons.

Last edited:
Stalled out atm. I'm going to look at another car tomorrow to cut/build so the Falcon can be spared. I'll update tomorrow.

I got a good couple friends one with a 67 fairlane, and the other one has a 64. And between me and my father we own 5 Mavericks, and that’s only half of our collection of junk lol I love the old fords and my lightning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mavericks make a very good race car at the strip. lighter in weight than most people would think. saw a few years ago at the track. jack roush's 4-door tijuana taxi is probably the most famous mav i can think of. really not a benefit at the strip, but early mavs also have a fairly good aero shape and smaller frontal area for that time period. they never got the credit they deserved imo.

They really are great drag cars, that’s mainly what we do with them, my 73 has an aluminum dash, back seat delete, and kirkey seats, with only a glass hood everything else is steel, and the car weighs 2610 without me in it
d40737fa85aa61b83dbcafe154b04756.jpg

I have a really good friend that is in to Mavericks. He had one strip setup and then a little 6 cyl Grabber. The Grabber was the most fun!

Build a ranger. Mini lightning!

Like Ford did with the Lightning Bolt. Ranger with Lightning motor and drivetrain. I'd have one today had they gone and built that.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a really good friend that is in to Mavericks. He had one strip setup and then a little 6 cyl Grabber. The Grabber was the most fun!

I thought the grabber cam e with a 302. Years ago, I drove one for a few weeks while my Trans Am was in the body shop after an accident. It had a 302, front and rear spoiler, dual hood scoops. I have a Hot Wheels Maverick Grabber.

They really are great drag cars, that’s mainly what we do with them, my 73 has an aluminum dash, back seat delete, and kirkey seats, with only a glass hood everything else is steel, and the car weighs 2610 without me in it
d40737fa85aa61b83dbcafe154b04756.jpg

the 1st gen mav body style like yours is my favorite. 2610#, can't complain about that.

Thanks guys and yes the early year Mavericks are the best ,In 73 they put huge bumpers on the back and in 74 is when they put huge bookshelf sized bumpers on the front, the early cars pre 73 have the nice little bumpers that just really make them look so much better imo. And it is a common misconception that everyone thought the grabber maverick was a v8 5 lug car kind of like a sport model of them but that wasn’t the case, wasn’t much difference besides the grabber stripe and I believe some small details in the interior, the grabber we own started life as a 6 cyl. 4 lug car, but a long way from that now lol btw didn’t mean to hi jack your thread Brian, love the falcon, it’s beautiful
a227743af0015c75d3fd4e3a6fb66a92.jpg

Back