My new truck

Do I hear a couple of Thrushes under there?

Good work my friend.

I remember exactly how you're feeling.

Good work.

Oh yeah, that's thrush welded muffs making some sweet music under there. With a little accompaniment from 10:1 compression, Hedman headers and a comp cam.

The video doesn't really do the sound justice. Gonna have to find something with a better mic...

Oh yeah ... muffs ...
He said muffs
Laughing-2.gif

It's aliiiiiive, it's aliiiiiive / Gene Wilder voice.

Wife running the throttle for me to break in the cam...

[video]http://vid1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc495/joshual78/20150610_160907_001.mp4[/video]

I finally get a turn after the 30 minute break in...

[video]http://vid1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc495/joshual78/20150610_161759.mp4[/video]

idling, and of course it started raining. First time the truck's been wet in 3 years. Next big hurdle is the brakes, hope to be driving it by the end of next week

[video]http://vid1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc495/joshual78/20150610_161849.mp4[/video]

The mic on my phone doesn't really do the sound justice. I'll try to get a sound clip with something better

Sounds and looks good.

Center caps and shank lugs for my hurricanes showed up. Front brakes are on and I'm only some brake lines and tires away from being done. One ranger mirror is installed and it's painfully obvious this truck has had a few different mirrors on it. Need some creative ideas here;

20150623_172251.jpg

20150623_172305.jpg

20150623_172310.jpg

I know how to fix this the right way, but am not interested in doing paint at this point

You're gonna have to do the paint Josh.

You gotta do this right (i.e. correctly).

The holes need to be filled and ground and refinished.

Either that or the doors need to be replaced.

Don't wuss-out now.

Just throwing out ideas.........fix the holes and simply two tone it.. or make some kind of stripe or shop logo design to cover it up?

You're gonna have to do the paint Josh.

You gotta do this right (i.e. correctly).

The holes need to be filled and ground and refinished.

Either that or the doors need to be replaced.

Don't wuss-out now.
:thumbup:
...what Ron said.

Any booty fab attempt on that would ruin the appearance.

getting a little stale in here....

center caps and lugs are in, just waiting on them new tires...

finally have a working heater core after 4 years, it had been bypassed since I bought the truck

found a dud 7mm Remy that must have fallen down the defroster vent at some point long ago...

Grill is finally painted and in

Found out how reasonably priced the smooth bronco bumpers are from Jeff's and I'll be going with one of those, ditched the rear Blazer bumper and mounted a plate to the lower bed seam with some Light Boltz

my son likes to photobomb me

stupid too long NAPA plug wires were rubbing the steering shaft. Ditched them for some DIY TAYLOR units

repaired the door panel clip tabs by notching them with a die grinder and fitting some new christmas tree style plugs, no more squeaks and rattles!

Yeah, really have enjoyed your build thread over the years. I really like these trucks, not too many survivors that have made it this long and look this good. I can tell you have put some $ in her and a ton of hours too.

Like good man. Not too sure those wheels will look better then what you have though. Were you able to get the bumper brackets to go with the smooth bumper? When I did mine I couldn't find brackets anywhere new. Eventually found a truck in the junkyard and bought the whole bumper just for the brackets.

Like good man. Not too sure those wheels will look better then what you have though. Were you able to get the bumper brackets to go with the smooth bumper? When I did mine I couldn't find brackets anywhere new. Eventually found a truck in the junkyard and bought the whole bumper just for the brackets.

Thanks guys. There are several trucks and Broncos with that bumper in the junkyard. All the bumpers are bent ; hopefully the brackets are good.

Tires finally came so I got dem hirrcanes on. Back ones barely fit so I'm glad I didn't go wider. Been driving the truck daily and it has a few issues with heat. It cuts off randomly when it's real warm outside and under the hood. Thought it was the original ICM which tested bad at the parts store. I had the coil mounted to the front of the head which I think was transferring some heat so I moved it to the power steering bracket. I also wrapped the metal fuel line with some leftover starter heat shield. We'll see on that.

Cranks real slow slow when it's warm. Has a new battery, new starter power cable and a starter that's only a few years old. I'm thinking the stock starter isn't liking the 10.25:1 compression. Mini starter might be in the near future.

20150722_172235.jpg

20150722_190838.jpg

20150722_190846.jpg

20150722_190907.jpg

The wheels do look better on the truck. I'd hack a coil off the front to level it out imo.

Any 80-86 trucks in the junkyard with he smooth rear bumpers??

Did you install a red head gear box? I seen it in the engine bay photo.

Last edited:
It actually sits about 3/4" nose down. Fender well gap is deceiving because the back tires are about 2" taller.

Yes on the redhead box and man what a difference! Box was pretty worn out before

It actually sits about 3/4" nose down. Fender well gap is deceiving because the back tires are about 2" taller.

Yes on the redhead box and man what a difference! Box was pretty worn out before
Same here on the tire sizes. My fronts are 27.5ish and rears are 30"

If you find an 80-86 truck in the yard with the smooth rear bumper let me know I'll buy the brackets from you.

Did a quick photo op in August with the wife's digital Nikon. First pics of the truck taken on something other than my phone lol. It's all but put up for the winter. Hoping to pick up a smooth styleside bumper and polish up the paint a bit. Still need to get the headers coated and tie up a few other details.

Back