Its time to go Turbo!

Hey bro, I love the turbo work you’ve done for the gen 1, I got my self a white 94 gen 1 also I really like your racing stripes, you got on it where’d You get em or where they already there?

Thanks, They are actually painted on. I would imagine that a universal vinyl kit would work as well if you wanted to go that route.

- - - Updated - - -

If you sell your springs, let me know. I need to go a little lower all the way around on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are crown 3 inch drop springs.They are currently on sale for $105 plus shipping brand new.

Thanks, They are actually painted on. I would imagine that a universal vinyl kit would work as well if you wanted to go that route.

- - - Updated - - -

They are crown 3 inch drop springs.They are currently on sale for $105 plus shipping brand new.

Are they 3in on the Lightning? Or on reg F150?

Nice! Where'd you get that steering column cover?

A friend was parting out a 5 speed like 95 I think. He gave it to me like 2 years ago. Lol. I forgot I had it.

Are they 3in on the Lightning? Or on reg F150?

They are advertised as 3 inch for a regular f150. It dropped by truck like 1 inch. So I'm assuming my stock springs had settled a bit over the last 25 years. I was hoping for a bit more but without beams cant really go much lower as my bump stops are getting close.

Trying something here because obviously this mcleod is not loving life. Its rates at 700 ftlbs but maybe with the heavy truck it cant handle it as I dont believe I am making that. But anyway. I was given a very limited used centerforce pressure plate so I decided to take the chance and swap it over. I'm gonna do some break in miles and see what happens. I'm not really looking to drop twin disc money at this point but I may if that's what it takes. Clearly it was slipping worse than I thought judging by the heat. Oh well. Back in business with the center force and so far it feels good. (Photo makes it look more uneven that it did in person.)

E81Cokfl.jpg

sxXSoSll.jpg

been driving the hell out of this thing. enjoying it very much. highway was a bit much on the decibel level so i decided i wanted to add a muffler. Ended up going with the Aero Exhaust 4040xl after some research. had to cut it down a bit to make it fit but managed. It 100% changed the sound of the truck. Very deep. I don't hate it but i don't know if its exactly what i was looking for. the regular 4040 would maybe have been a happy medium. haven't really done a decent highway trip to compare but 100ish miles of around town/back road cruising it is much nicer to drive being quieter. I could probably make a phone call in the truck now which would never have been an option before. I don't know what its making for power just yet. im at the 11/12 psi mark now and its quite impressive for a truck.

yCaAjHjl.jpg

Hfp3mkRl.jpg

xIU9phCl.jpg

MOIulHil.jpg

Thank Jeff. I try to continue to improve with every project.

That GT is actually my brothers. Hes had it for about 15 years. Its a forged 408 with a blow thru carb setup and a F1R procharger. (i can't convince him to go EFi as hes good with the carb stuff. one of these days i'll get him). Car is very nice. He bought it completely stock and untouched 15 years ago. It has terminator seats. built rear. 3550 trans, cobra brakes. etc. Nice car to drive.

Z87Xj8hl.jpg

Thank Jeff. I try to continue to improve with every project.

That GT is actually my brothers. Hes had it for about 15 years. Its a forged 408 with a blow thru carb setup and a F1R procharger. (i can't convince him to go EFi as hes good with the carb stuff. one of these days i'll get him). Car is very nice. He bought it completely stock and untouched 15 years ago. It has terminator seats. built rear. 3550 trans, cobra brakes. etc. Nice car to drive.

Z87Xj8hl.jpg

Start going over all the benefits of EFI. I see the most resistance from guys not comfortable with computers. Beautiful car

1994 Black #1077
CI 351 H rods DSS TW pistons
Trick Flow 170s
Bassani 1 5/8” headers
KB 1.5L Supercharger
Meth Injection
Coil Near Plug
PiMPxs ECU
US SHIFT QUICK4
Punisher VB
WWW.Gen1Jonny.com

I have a nitrous carb truck and a dry nitrous pimpXshift truck. And soon my wife’s truck will be CSU blowthru turbo. They all have there pros and cons.

One of my buddies with a Nissan 240sx that makes 425whp and weighs 2700lb thought he'd be tough and try and show a little muscle to the Lightning. boy was he wrong. we happened to both get on it at about exactly the same time as I suspected what he was trying to do and couldn't let that happen. Basically the exact outcome I was expected but he was certainly not. 2nd gear I had a pull on him. 3rd he slowed it down if not stopped it. 4th he creeped probably a half a car back on me but at the end the truck was out front full truck length. Id say it earned a little respect. He was very surprised (and probably disappointed). This setup would be stout in something that wasn't like 4300lbs.

When I made my first 9 second pass in my former truck, the first thing one of my car buddies said to me was, "Now imagine that in a notchback..."

Way to represent for the fatties!!

Now I need someone to build me a turbo kit.

I’m thinking about twins under the truck..

When I made my first 9 second pass in my former truck, the first thing one of my car buddies said to me was, "Now imagine that in a notchback..."

weight is definitely a big disadvantage for us. combine that with the stout aerodynamics and its no wonder they take power to move. :blink:. My car weighs 2750 so this is certainly on the other end of the spectrum when it comes to power/weight.

Now I need someone to build me a turbo kit.

I’m thinking about twins under the truck..

bring it up to CT and id be happy to add some turbos to it.

I hear this all the time lol. It makes it all that much sweeter when a car loses to a truck lol.

Back