how beastly are ya!!!!!

U

ultimatesurfa

cool.gif
ok all u fast dudes out there..its time to spit it out
biggrin.gif
all the boyz out there both gen 1 and 2 and R/T's that are supercharged...what kind of boost are ya runnin and E.T yu seein in relation to that pressure....i am curious..especially with the gen 1's..i have been amazed by the gains gotten from just upping boost a couple 3 lbs...et can go as far a 7 10ths or more...that is healthy...time to spew dudes..just curious...i have been doin the 8 lb deal and will go 10 soon..gotta go get my mid to low 13 with 8 lbs 1st...thennnnnnnnnnnnnnn we be surfinnnnnnnnnn...so how beastly are ya...

------------------
Da ultimatesurfa
surfin your turf!!!
1999 CC dakota r/t
13.74@97mph

hay what about rams!!!!!!! i have 7.5lbs of boost and ran 13.42 at 98mphi should be back in the 12s this weekend.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cmyindy:
hay what about rams!!!!!!! i have 7.5lbs of boost and ran 13.42 at 98mphi should be back in the 12s this weekend.</font>
cool.gif
yeah why not??? yu are almost the same weight as i....and same powerplant???/

biggrin.gif

------------------
Da ultimatesurfa
surfin your turf!!!
1999 CC dakota r/t
13.74@97mph

You said in your post for all of the fast guys to post the amount of boost and their et's, well fist off, I don't consider myself fast so I don't have a big head or anything; best time to date is a 13.14 @ 104!!!!! I make about 8lbs of boost but a little under!!!!

Hope that helps, and the truck weights 4520lbs.

Shane

I know you've heard about Scott Lusebrink's truck already.........

ScottBurnout1.JPG

Running 15 lbs with a Vortec S-Trim. 12.30@111 mph with 1.64 60' time on 8.5 x 26 slicks. He is still pissed that he couldn't go to Topeka.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lil'Zeus:
You said in your post for all of the fast guys to post the amount of boost and their et's, well fist off, I don't consider myself fast so I don't have a big head or anything; best time to date is a 13.14 @ 104!!!!! I make about 8lbs of boost but a little under!!!!
cool.gif

looks like i have to rephrase myself...i mean quick..i too dont consider myself fast either....tankx for correctin me shane...13.14 w/ 8lbs @ 4500 lbs is awesome...i am @ about 4500 lbs and my 13.7 was a off throttle@ 1000 ft mark due to cracked piston..hope i can see somtin n yur range...all yu others spew baby i cant wait to see reply's...shane yull get that 12 sec run when it cools.........

anddddd duner i didnt know about a 15 lb boostr out there...he has stock bottom 1/2????? woooooo nelly

Shane
</font>

------------------
Da ultimatesurfa
surfin your turf!!!
1999 CC dakota r/t
13.74@97mph

[This message has been edited by ultimatesurfa (edited 06-22-2001).]

Yessir...........stock bottom end. He's even running the stock beer barrel intake and stock throttle body. He's one of the quickest R/Ts that nobody knows about.

Geez. With 15lbs of boost, Id be upset if I didnt go 11.90s! 12.30 is good, but 15psi is a LOT. I wonder what 10psi would do for me? Rod K.

------------------
Rod K.
fe971776.jpg

93 Lightning #1529
13.683 @ 97.82 Au Natural
98 SVT Contour E1 #5782

20psi on my little V6 Syclone = Three 12.0 runs at 110mph+ with the best in my sig.(15psi was stock boost)

Now with my new engine I'm hoping 20psi will equate to at least mid 11's @ 115mph+. We'll see once I get it broke in. Hopefully by Fall because the weather kinda sucks now.

------------------
Mike Hague
'99 L Black 13.36@102.26
'95 Cobra R 13.18@106+
'91 GMC Syclone 12.0's@111.5,,,so far

[This message has been edited by Hamrhead (edited 06-22-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HotRod:
Geez. With 15lbs of boost, Id be upset if I didnt go 11.90s! 12.30 is good, but 15psi is a LOT. I wonder what 10psi would do for me? Rod K.

</font>

What Duner forgot to tell you, is thats not corrected times... at 3400 ft, with temps in the 100's in Arizona... get him to a decent track, and it WILL be a 11 sec RT... probably the fastest RT out there right now to be honest.

Danno

How much reduction in ET have you guys seen from your blowers? Im starting to get the itch. What kind of ETs should I see? Rod K.

------------------
Rod K.
fe971776.jpg

93 Lightning #1529
13.683 @ 97.82 Au Natural
98 SVT Contour E1 #5782

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Duner:
Yessir...........stock bottom end. He's even running the stock beer barrel intake and stock throttle body. He's one of the quickest R/Ts that nobody knows about.</font>

Why doesnt anyone know about him??

The reason I say that nobody knows about it is that he's not a member of the National Dakota R/T club. He doesn't post anything on the RTML. He just goes to the track and kicks ass. Since he never posts about his truck or the times it turns, the only people that really know about the truck are the ones that see it at the track (or see him driving to work?) hehehe. If it wasn't for the big R/T gathering at the Mopar Southwest Shootout in Tucson, he would probably still be unknown.

Hey hotrod, I'm still tweaking my blower setup, but so far the powerdyne has dropped 1.3 seconds off my et and added 6 mph to my trap speeds. And the powerdyne runs were all made in warmer weather than the baseline. This is also before getting the timing set satisfactorily (I'm at about 6* now), and taking it very easy off the line. My 60' went from 2.5 to 2.1. This is all on an 80k mile truck with stock headers, bassani offroad pipe and flowmaster single exhaust. Oh yeah and this is with the blower outputting the stock 5-6 lbs of boost.

Can you tell i like the supercharger?

Just make sure you get your vacuum lines in order, those suckers caused me all sorts of wacky problems at first.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HotRod:
How much reduction in ET have you guys seen from your blowers? Im starting to get the itch. What kind of ETs should I see? Rod K.

</font>

cool.gif
i have got 2.1 secs so far and will be gettin moa
cool.gif

------------------
Da ultimatesurfa
surfin your turf!!!
1999 CC dakota r/t
13.74@97mph

[This message has been edited by ultimatesurfa (edited 06-23-2001).]

Hotrod~
man, get a vortech!!! Cause, if you want to turn up the boost it should handle it better than the pdyne!!

I got a sec with the blower on radials, and a sec and a half with the blower and et streets, and around another 3-4 tenths with a chip!

Shane

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Duner:
Yessir...........stock bottom end. He's even running the stock beer barrel intake and stock throttle body. He's one of the quickest R/Ts that nobody knows about.</font>

Stock everything except for the 15lb vortech????
What you are saying is that if you take a bone stock RC dak with a 5.9 and put on only a vortech and make it put out 15lbs of boost you will go from a stock 15.0 or so to 12.30's???
Well all you R/T guys that have been posting times in the 13's with intakes and headers and heads and nitrous and even those of you with vortechs that cant break into the low 13's are for sure doing something wrong.... you should have just bought a vortech and bumped it up to 15lbs.
If this guy is as quiet about his truck as Duner says he is,(by not posting times or talking about his truck) then I am sure he has alot more mods than he is willing to tell anyone..12.30's with just a blower?? I for one dont think so, and if it is true, more power to him.

------------------
01 white lightning, JDM flip chip that is the shiznit!!! 2000 Civic Si, vortech, killer stereo, screaming little bitch.
2000 Suzuki RM125. slings mud every weekend.
85 toyota tercel
3 Beagles,My boyz, Pokey, Nitro, and Slinger JJ's Whitelightning

My new albums

C'Mon JJ......... I never said stock everything. Nobody said 12.30s with just a blower.

I said it had the Vortech. I said he had a stock bottom end. I said it had the stock beer barrel intake and throttle body.

Gee, is that all there is to it? The last I checked there was a set of heads between there. There is also a fuel system, exhaust system and ignition system. Also included is suspension and transmission. It all works together. NOBODY ever said that just bolting on a SC and spinning it up to make 15 lbs of boost would make the truck run 12.30s, let alone live more than 1 pass. I also don't want to make it seem like having a stock bottom end is trivial. It's not that much of a limitation either. You have to set it up correctly to make it live. In order to do that you have to know what you're doing. I only mentioned it to let people know that it can be done. The guy isn't secretive, he's just not into all the internet BS. He doesn't talk it up either. The timeslips do all the talking for him. I don't pretend to know absolutely everything he's done to his truck. You can only see so much by looking at it.....although knowing what you are looking at helps!

It isnt what you are saying about the stock intake and throttle body, it is what you arent saying about it..

I am sure that the throttle body and intake has been modified, and I am sure he has a whole lot of suspension, ignition, fuel delivery mods done to the truck too.

My point was that you made it seem that he was totally stock except for the vortech, and I wouldnt want anyone misled by what it takes to get any vehicle in the 12's.

By the way, Vortech only recommends 8lbs on a stock engine. I am sure this dak has had its bottom end beefed up, and if he hasnt then I am sure it wont be long before 15lbs does its damage.
And like you said, "I dont pretend to know absolutely everything he has done to his truck".

------------------
01 white lightning, JDM flip chip that is the shiznit!!! 2000 Civic Si, vortech, killer stereo, screaming little bitch.
2000 Suzuki RM125. slings mud every weekend.
85 toyota tercel
3 Beagles,My boyz, Pokey, Nitro, and Slinger JJ's Whitelightning

My new albums

JJ, I think you're trying to read too much between the lines.

The throttle body, intake manifold, block, crank, rods, rings and pistons are stock and unmodified..... the same way they all come from the factory. The truck has never had the oil pan off of it. Yes, the heads are definately not stock, nor is the valve train. I'm not sure where you're trying to get with this conversation. Do you have a problem with a 12 second R/T? As far as lasting..... well he's been solidly in the twelves with the truck for the last 2 years. I'm sorry if you thought the truck was basically stock. It was not my intention to make anybody think it was. Nobody else has a problem with my discription of the truck. It runs. It runs quickly. It has run quickly for quite some time. If the owner thought there was a problem with the bottom end being stock......he would replace it. My object isn't to be argumentative, just informative.

Any other questions?

Back