how beastly are ya!!!!!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by eatingdodgesforlunch!:
I'm with you FAT. I'll start off a LIGHTNING discussion. Who's running the most boost on a LIGHTNING stock shortblock? How much boost is everybody running?

</font>
that should have been part of the tread...but yu can see it got off track as eryting else does on any forum
biggrin.gif
..hey eatingdodges fur lunch this forum lets all kinds of trucks and personalities on here
cool.gif
..its not just for L's????..if it is get rid of us.....get the owner of this site to change the rules...as i said before i am interested in all (key word ALL) fast and quick trucks and this forum seemed to me the best one to talk to the other brands and hear from great people on this list...i was accepted by reddawg,sixpipes,githci,Rod and bunch of the L gods (i call em) lets stop the sarcasm and just post what i asked if not then dont(i wasnt tryin to start a fight)...and start yur own tread...i bet ill read it and reply(i bet not with sarcasm tho)
iNFORMATION AND KNOWLEGE IS POWER....read and yull learn

------------------
Da ultimatesurfa
surfin your turf!!!
1999 CC dakota r/t
13.74@97mph

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Duner:
Surfa - Sorry for screwing up your post by trying to answer JJs questions.

Rod - Thanks guy. Too bad others can't be as cool as you are. Keep up the good work!!!!
</font>

cool.gif
duner yu didnt screw it up..it got off track due to JJ...hes got a knack for raisin cyber hell....
biggrin.gif
butttt anywoooo was tryin to obtain #'s and info and lost out..i should have known but its all good
wink.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JJ's Whitelight:
Well.. lets see.. a stock 01 L runs 13.80 so there you go, I run 13's, but since my mods I probably run 12.90's or so on a good night.
Can you count??? If you can than why dont you read also?? Look at my thread called "this is how she hooks" and count in seconds how long it takes me to get to 107 miles and hour, hell, count how long it takes in my second vid I posted to get to 60.. less than 5 secs....

There is no trick photography or anything and as soon as I get to the track, hopefully this weekend, I will post current Et's.
As far as my R/T is concerned, what kinda proof do you want?? I never took it to the track, as stated before, my friend that bought it did. so what would you like?? the window sticker?? check my albums I have linked in my sig and you will see my old truck.. if you still dont believe me, let me know.. I will send you a copy of my sales agreement.. jeeez. you Dak guys are so sensitive...

</font>

13.80 in a magazine.. what does YOURS run?? I dont care what other pplz trucks have run. Show me some video or shutup. you cant live up to the expectations that you place on others. For some reason Ive taken a REAL dislike to you. Ask lil Z, Im pretty damn mellow and I dont talk shit... I came, I ran, end of story. But all this crap from you, that you dont believe this or that, just cuz you arent smart enough to make it work on your own, and had to go buy a factory package to make yourself feel better bout the money you spent, doesnt impress me, NOR your fellow Lightning owners. Wish I was a lil closer to MD than I am.... Id come up there and show you my tailgate you whiner. Take a good look... it says DODGE R/T 5.9....

Danno

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by: JJ's Whitelight
Why doesnt anyone know about him??</font>

It begins. You know you're just being a smart ass here to start a flame. I know it, and so does everyone else.

Stock everything except for the 15lb vortech????
What you are saying is that if you take a bone stock RC dak with a 5.9 and put on only a vortech and make it put out 15lbs of boost you will go from a stock 15.0 or so to 12.30's???
Well all you R/T guys that have been posting times in the 13's with intakes and headers and heads and nitrous and even those of you with vortechs that cant break into the low 13's are for sure doing something wrong.... you should have just bought a vortech and bumped it up to 15lbs.
If this guy is as quiet about his truck as Duner says he is,(by not posting times or talking about his truck) then I am sure he has alot more mods than he is willing to tell anyone..12.30's with just a blower?? I for one dont think so, and if it is true, more power to him.
</font>

Nobody said bone stock. The reason why there aren't a lot of R/T running around with those times is because they don't have a vortech pushing 15lbs. There are several R/Ts that cut mid low 13s with a blower and minor bolt-ons. I know of one that ran 13.09@102 with 4.5lbs of boost, minor bolt-ons, and on radials. Just accept the fact that there is an R/T out there that is making use of the cubic inches and that it will annihilate your Lightning.

It isnt what you are saying about the stock intake and throttle body, it is what you arent saying about it..
I am sure that the throttle body and intake has been modified, and I am sure he has a whole lot of suspension, ignition, fuel delivery mods done to the truck too.

My point was that you made it seem that he was totally stock except for the vortech, and I wouldnt want anyone misled by what it takes to get any vehicle in the 12's.

By the way, Vortech only recommends 8lbs on a stock engine. I am sure this dak has had its bottom end beefed up, and if he hasnt then I am sure it wont be long before 15lbs does its damage.
And like you said, "I dont pretend to know absolutely everything he has done to his truck".
</font>

Stop trying to fish for material and just accept the facts for what they are. The throttle body and intake manifold are stock, not modified. The bottom end is still stock, not modified. Get over the fact that there is an R/T out there that will hit the 11s with only one power adder. Should I explain what a power adder is? We all know you have problems with this one.

Why would it offend me???
Why do most of you R/T guys that come here think I dont believe what some of you are doing??
Yes, some of you are fast, some are not so fast. Why would I be offended if you go 11 something?
Fact is that I believe what I see, and the last time I was at the track I watched 5 Daks run anywhere from 15.40 to 13.80, the 13.80 was Sc'd and looked to be set up pretty good by its owner.
Now you are gonna say that the 13.80 guy must have not known what he was doing. That is how some of you work.
First I wonder how this person is running 12.30's with a vortech and mostly stock, then Duner tells me he really doesnt know what this guy has other than that,but the intake and tbody are stock, then when someone posts that they witnessed daks running not so good times (see the post about r/t's and l's in Topeka)a flood of reasons why they didnt run so well comes in,(notice I didnt say excuses)
Earlier this year I posted about my trials and tribulations with my R/T and I got flogged by most of you R/T guys saying everything from I must be a shitty mechanic or I never owned one in the first place, but what pisses me off more than anything else is that most of you thought I was trash talking R/T's, and I wasnt, I was just stating my facts and what happend to me.
Everybodys D is bigger on the internet, and I am sure it is the same way about Et's too.

I notice that nobody in the R/T camp has yet to post either a video or a timeslip backing up these sub 13 second runs.
That is a challenge to you Dak/ R/T guy.
I cant get to the tracks most of you live at and maybe all the ones around here are not tuned as well or are just more normal, so post something to back it up. not just burn out pics, I want to see the entire run. If that is possible.
Like I said, why would a faster truck offend me?? It doesnt at all, just prove it..
</font>

C'mon man, a blind, retarded monkey could see why it would offend you. You've spent all this time dissing on R/Ts because you couldn't get results and now there are some guys surfacing that will be waiting on their tailgate for you at the end of the 1320.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JJ's Whitelight
More vids please.....</font>

So it's more videos you want huh? You asked for it.

http://www.dragtruk.com/ENTRIES/mccallben.html

I have personally seen the following one run 12.3@110 at the Houston Mopar Show...

http://www.dragtruk.com/ENTRIES/racecraftelectric.html

How about a V6?

http://www.dragtruk.com/ENTRIES/kramarnick.html

Now correct me if I'm wrong about the V6, but it is a Dakota and a club cab at that, which means it weighs near 4300 lbs. It also seems to be faster than any other streetable and/or daily driven Lightning listed there. Keep in mind that this is the same site that lists Jason Brown as the fastest truck with his non-streetable Lightning. Hmmm, how odd...

Now if you don't mind I would like to see just as many videos of Gen 2s running in the 11s. Hell, I'll even take just as many videos of any Gen 1s running in the 12s.

Look, do you notice that you are the only one on this site that has a problem with an R/T running that fast? Even your fellow Lightning owners recognized the work that went into that truck and gave it kudos. That is why they are respected, and you are not, not even by other L owners. You're just an embarrassment to the other Lightning owners.

[This message has been edited by RT4U2NV (edited 06-25-2001).]

Not too shabby for two turbos and nitrous.

Cool truck and very respectable. He has some major bucks in that truck, major. I love anything that is different, and that Dodge finally represents something different.

Notice his comments "I'll start with a V-8 next time."

Oh, yeah, quit brining Jason Brown up. He has a race truck, not a street truck. BTW, his truck is five seconds quicker than the V-6 Dak you mention and has one power adder.

I have no idea what you meant by "Hmmmm, how odd?" Elaborate, please....

onebaddakota~
I just have a couple questions, not to get to far off of topic or anything! But you said you run low 11's with a 100 shot????? What else do you have done to accomplish that?!?!? I'm not saying I don't believe you, but just curious! Reason for asking, is cause their was a R/T in Topeka on a 150 shot with stall, exhaust, gears, and not sure what else and he went 13.0's!

Thanks
Shane

It's not a video, but...

racing.jpg

That's a 12.11@112.23 on the sign. That was before the head swap and tuning that netted the 11s. You can find my truck on "dragtruk" as well.

And to answer Surfer's original question - I was running 10-11 psi.

------------------
Later!
Jeff S.
Lightning #74 in '95 - 11.92@115.2-lotsa mods
Lightning #582 in '00 - 13.36@101.75- Swanson chip
1973 Datsun 240Z - project car
Drive 'em like ya stole 'em!
trux2.jpg

[This message has been edited by FMOS Racing (edited 06-25-2001).]

Hey RT4u2NV and Purplehaze?? read the freakin thread from start to finish and you might be able to see why I questioned the times.. and nobody in Topeka saw a Dak run 12's did they? or was there only one??
My L will run low 13's now and probably 12's with the new lower pulley, so I know what it will do and it is very documented on how well a L does run with very little mods.
As far as the name calling you two seem to like to do to me,, you can bite my crank as far as I am concerned.. My R/T was slow. So are all R/T's from the factory, and unless you mod them alot, heads, cam, 125lb vortech, nitrous or whatever, they are still freaking slow... 16 second stock truck in a CC?? come on.. a turbo beetle will whoop your stock ass...

I do give credit where credit is due.. remember me saying meeting the guy that ran 13's and him and his truck being nice?? I also know there are plenty of fast daks out there.. I am not disputing that.. I am just trying to get the fact about one in particular.. how can he go 12.30' on his combination?? and Duner answered my questions, but the rest of you insist on attacking my questions and me personally, so let me stoop to your level...

L's are faster. Now grow up, throw 10k in mods on your truck and when you are going thru headgaskets like Pam Anderson goes thru boyfreinds then maybe just maybe you might want to own something that is unique and fast to begin with.

This is not directed at all R/T owners or Dak owners.. just these two jerks that constantly have tried to evoke this type of response from me.. well now you have it....

------------------
01 white lightning, JDM flip chip that is the shiznit!!! 2000 Civic Si, vortech, killer stereo, screaming little bitch.
2000 Suzuki RM125. slings mud every weekend.
85 toyota tercel
3 Beagles,My boyz, Pokey, Nitro, and Slinger JJ's Whitelightning

My new albums

Oh F**k!!!!!!!!!!! Give me a break! All this bickering is really getting people pissed off and is going no where! See what I'm saying! People are wasting a lot of server space on this crap! This whole thread is off topic anyways! Your supposed to post boost levels and ET's....I think out of the 48 posts I have only seen about 3 sets of stats!

Thats it, I'm done!
Shane

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by: svtpickemup
I have no idea what you meant by "Hmmmm, how odd?" Elaborate, please....</font>

I didn't mean anything by it. I was just trying to stop JJ from later questioning the credibility of the website. He does it with everything.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by: FMOS Racing
That's a 12.11@112.23 on the sign. That was before the head swap and tuning that netted the 11s. You can find my truck on "dragtruk" as well.</font>

Cool, well there is one.

Hey RT4u2NV and Purplehaze?? read the freakin thread from start to finish and you might be able to see why I questioned the times.. and nobody in Topeka saw a Dak run 12's did they? or was there only one??</font>

First of all, track conditions weren't what they should've been. Both parties can attest to that one. Second, just because there wasn't one there doesn't mean anything. The one on dragtruk.com that ran 12.3@110 wasn't there. That other black 'Kota R/T that Duner knows wasn't there. Those are just two off the top of my head. Think of how many didn't show up for one reason or another. Besides, there were a couple of R/Ts at the meet that could've run 12s. I bet a stock Gen II couldn't break into the 13s there.

My R/T was slow. So are all R/T's from the factory, and unless you mod them alot</font>

This is your downfall, you generalize too much. There are too many R/Ts to count that are running in the 13s with only one power adder and minor bolt-ons. Mid to low 13s at that. Why don't you explain to me the guy in Houston who ran mid 13s at 100mph with only true dual 2.5 exhaust and 125 shot. No retard, no ignition, no cold air intake, no headers, no throttle body, no heads, no cam. Just nitrous and exhaust. What about the R/T that ran 13.09@102 with less than $1K in bolt-ons, and 4.5lbs of a powerdyne...on the stock RS-As.? There is a video of that run too, would you like to see it? Take a look at the Dakota with the 360. He ran a 11.67@113 on a 200 shot. He went high 12s on all motor.

L's are faster. Now grow up, throw 10k in mods on your truck and when you are going thru headgaskets like Pam Anderson goes thru boyfreinds then maybe just maybe you might want to own something that is unique and fast to begin with.</font>

Again with the assumptions and generalizations.

I am running about 12 lbs of boost now with the lower pulley and My G-tech says it is a 12.43 1/4 mile run at 111mph. Is that what you wanted Surfer?? I am going to Capitol Fri night if anyone is interested. Should be a nice night of racing and tuning..

------------------
01 white lightning, JDM flip chip that is the shiznit!!! 2000 Civic Si, vortech, killer stereo, screaming little bitch.
85 toyota tercel

My new albums

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lil'Zeus:
Oh F**k!!!!!!!!!!! Give me a break! All this bickering is really getting people pissed off and is going no where! See what I'm saying! People are wasting a lot of server space on this crap! This whole thread is off topic anyways! Your supposed to post boost levels and ET's....I think out of the 48 posts I have only seen about 3 sets of stats!

Thats it, I'm done!
Shane
</font>

I'll second that......

------------------
Nothing strikes faster than Lightning!

Hmmm, I don't know,Jeff. I vaguely see a red object in the picture with the times. I can't really tell if it's a Lightning. I don't think it will pass JJ's limit test. Perhaps if you could mail him a notarized copy with a sworn statement.
biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif

Tom

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
onebaddakota~
I just have a couple questions, not to get to far off of topic or anything! But you said you run low 11's with a 100 shot????? What else do you have done to accomplish that?!?!? I'm not saying I don't believe you, but just curious! Reason for asking, is cause their was a R/T in Topeka on a 150 shot with stall, exhaust, gears, and not sure what else and he went 13.0's!</font>
Shane,
I can tell you a lot more than just strapping on a bottle. My motor is out of a Ram. I put in forged rods and pistons with the stock crank. I studded the top and bottom as well. These things really didn't help my performance, but I wanted some reliability with N2O.
The heads were ported,M1 intake,bored t-body,220ish cam with 544 lift. The comp is around 10 to 1.Stock fuel injection wiht some modification The converter is a PI with a 3600 stall. Exhaust is equal lengths with a x-pipe and duals.
IMO, dakotas don't do well with blowers. The speed density really limits the blowers. N2O always works.
I have a lot done,but I was running mid 11s with the stock 318 with ported heads and intake,single 3" exhaust,small cam and a 150 shot.
The problem with the Dakotas is that unless you address their fundamental weaknesses, their turds. I'll admit it. To make them perform really well you have to go into the motor. This is why guys who put on small bolt-on crap,like JJ, will be disappointed. It's also why you see so many slow ones. The good news is that they do respond well when their restrictions are removed.The stock intake is crap and so is the exhaust!
A set of ported stockers,with a mild cam,bored t-body and M1 will do wonders. That's not as much money as you might think. It's just old fashion hot rodding.
The RTs are very heavy. My truck is about 500 lbs lighter.
smile.gif
I don't know why this matters to some people. I never see anyone complain about gen 1 Ls or fox bodied mustangs in comparison to their newer and heavier counterparts.
Tom

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JJ's Whitelight:
I am running about 12 lbs of boost now with the lower pulley and My G-tech says it is a 12.43 1/4 mile run at 111mph. Is that what you wanted Surfer?? I am going to Capitol Fri night if anyone is interested. Should be a nice night of racing and tuning..

</font>
cool.gif
yep thats cool JJ buttttt the gtech is not what i am lookin for...if ya dont dial it in and know the exact weight etc yu will get a false reading...i'll wait till ya got to the track
biggrin.gif
.... thankxxx shane(lil zues) and owner of this site..i am just hungry for knowledge and cyber conversation
wink.gif
bring those # 's on gang

------------------
Da ultimatesurfa
surfin your turf!!!
1999 CC dakota r/t
13.74@97mph

Well, I'm not the owner, Jeff is! But oh well, i get what you are sayin'!!

Shane

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lil'Zeus:

Thats it, I'm done!
Shane
</font>

Yeah! Yeah! Tell it like it is!!!!!!

------------------
Brendon Hale
Black 94L #620 **Saving for a Powerdyne**
'54 F100 (project since '88)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by one bad dakota:
Hmmm, I don't know,Jeff. I vaguely see a red object in the picture with the times. I can't really tell if it's a Lightning. I don't think it will pass JJ's limit test. Perhaps if you could mail him a notarized copy with a sworn statement.
biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif

Tom
</font>

First born required and social security number as well as your ATM pin, and your girlfeinds Bra size.. that Might satisfy me..

------------------
85 toyota tercel

My new albums

still hungry for some info...boost baby and e.t.'s yur runnin...annnnddddddd da type of truck yu got....bring on that power yur hidin........yu guys are holdin out
biggrin.gif
surfinnnnnnnnnnnn

------------------
Da ultimatesurfa
surfin your turf!!!
1999 CC dakota r/t
13.74@97mph
Mvc_169f.jpg

Good lookin truck Surfa!! Thats about exactly the view Id have of you in the 1/4! LOL
biggrin.gif
Have you weighed your truck? Id like to know what it weighs. Great times for a CC! Later, Rod K.

------------------
Rod K.
fe971776.jpg

'93 Lightning #1529
13.683 @ 97.82 Au Natural
'98 SVT Contour E1 #5782
'00 Suzuki Bandit S1200 10s??

Back