how beastly are ya!!!!!

Your right Duner, Noone else has a problem with your discription. This is going to be part of the page from now on I guess. Trying to pick everything apart. Its unfortunate. Rod K.

------------------
Rod K.
fe971776.jpg

93 Lightning #1529
13.683 @ 97.82 Au Natural
98 SVT Contour E1 #5782

Not trying to pick everything apart, just wondering how trucks in Topeka with sc's and other mods could only muster 13's and this guy is only 3tenths away from 11's...

All the daks that run out here are in the high 14's and with sc's they are in the low 14's and mid 13's..

I have a sc'd Civic that runs mid to low 14's, dont you think I would question someone about posting about someone else with the same combo runnin 12's?? And I would be real curious as to how they got there and what I was missing out on..

If he is truly running 12.30's that is great, but what combo is he using that other R/T owners are missing out on.. hell if I heard about an L running 10's mostly stock, dont you think I would be interested in how he or she is doing it???

What part about me not believing it dont you get?? Here is an example
Pro stock cars run within .006 of a second in qualifying and eliminations, and they are all pretty much the same, dont you think they want to know what the other person is doing to get that other .006??? Wouldnt you R/T guys that have put a sc on yours love to know how he is in the 12's and you arent???

Originally posted by JJ's Whitelight:
Not trying to pick everything apart, just wondering how trucks in Topeka with sc's and other mods could only muster 13's and this guy is only 3tenths away from 11's...

All the daks that run out here are in the high 14's and with sc's they are in the low 14's and mid 13's..

cool.gif
JJ yu are off on dis one (just speakin on boost #'s)...most of the guys in kansas were runnin about 8 lbs...the norm for stockersi ran 14.4's with tall tire(28 inch) and 5 lbs of boost...i put the 8 lb on and i ran a clicked off(cause i brok)shuld have bumped up fuel pressure) 13.7...thats 7 10ths with 3 more lbs of boost..i am goin 10lbs soon...that clicked off run would have been 13.5 or so maybe lower???? but anywoooo look at that and its almost a sec from 14.4..not bad..and yes i have a fuel system(fully adjustable to compensate for increase in boost) watch when 10 lb goes on...what du ya think can happen..really low 13's or high 12's.....imagine 15 lbs...his times are real and can improve with manifold change and beefin bottom with lower compression forged pistons(9.1 to 1 stock down to 8.3 to 1 like i am doin..)i have M1 manifold goin on stock heads,headers ,blower,exhaust,and adjustable fuel system..and lakewood clamps for frt segment on leaf and mickey t's et streets.....puttin it in a nutshell what duner put up is fact and possible guy,,,he might have water injection or alcohol ..who knows but one ting for sure..if not havin good stuff that moto would be lunch right now fuel conrol is neccessity as well as timing...and remember centrifs build boost over rpm band...so 15 prolally seen at top side only not all the way down like my whipple or yur eaton seein 8 and 10 lbs...
biggrin.gif
surfinnnnnnnnn

------------------
Da ultimatesurfa
surfin your turf!!!
1999 CC dakota r/t
13.74@97mph

[This message has been edited by ultimatesurfa (edited 06-23-2001).]

I think i saw a lightning mentioned [none]
in this thread!!!

------------------
2001 WHITE LIGHTNING
factory soft cover, bedrug,JDM filter kit
Bassani catback
diablosport chip

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JJ's Whitelight:
If he is truly running 12.30's </font>

Hahahahaha...........JJ, You're hilarious!

I've tried to answer about his mods as best I could. I guess the real answer is that Scott is a TUNER.

Certain people just know how to make stuff run. Their stuff will always be fast because they know how to get the most out of it. To them, there is no such thing as just bolting on more parts. To people like that, having a long list of mods in their signature is almost a sign of weakness. If you walked up to Scott and asked him what he had in his truck, he would probably answer that he had a set of headers. He isn't trying to be secretive, that's just the way he is. Lots of people have the same parts that he is running, but it all has to work together.

I guess at this point it doesn't really matter whether you believe the performance numbers or me even. It's not a requirement that you do. It runs what it runs, and it has what I said it has. Hundreds of people have seen it run on many occasions. It's real. The performance is real. The numbers are real. The description is real.

Have a nice day.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FAT:
in this thread!!!

</font>

cool.gif
yu must have missed lil zues and jj postin then??? i am trying to stir up #s in relation to e.t. and vehicle weight if ya wanna give it...for tuners its good conversation
biggrin.gif
...what do ya run with what kind of boost yu got??? L1's L2's and every body...were gettin off track here.....

------------------
Da ultimatesurfa
surfin your turf!!!
1999 CC dakota r/t
13.74@97mph

I did a 11.44@117 on a 100 shot. Since than, I've added a 255L in tank and added new headers and a x-pipe. I'm hoping for 10s on the 150 shot, and then I'll throw on the 200s for some added excitement.
smile.gif

I'm sorry if this post offends you,JJ. I know you get a little sensitive about us faster daks. "But you must have the courage to believe the truth."
biggrin.gif

Tom

Its funny that when one of the Daks post some fast numbers its never believed by some. Im truly impressed by a truck, no matter how light that runs low 11s on a 100-150 shot. Thats haulin!
Maybe some dont believe my times either. Most N/A Lightnings dont run mid 13. Of course, most others dont have ME tuning them.
Carry on Duner, and OneBadDak. Rod K.

------------------
Rod K.
fe971776.jpg

93 Lightning #1529
98 SVT Contour E1 #5782

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by one bad dakota:
I'm sorry if this post offends you,JJ. I know you get a little sensitive about us faster daks. "But you must have the courage to believe the truth."
biggrin.gif

Tom
</font>

Why would it offend me???
Why do most of you R/T guys that come here think I dont believe what some of you are doing??
Yes, some of you are fast, some are not so fast. Why would I be offended if you go 11 something?
Fact is that I believe what I see, and the last time I was at the track I watched 5 Daks run anywhere from 15.40 to 13.80, the 13.80 was Sc'd and looked to be set up pretty good by its owner.
Now you are gonna say that the 13.80 guy must have not known what he was doing. That is how some of you work.
First I wonder how this person is running 12.30's with a vortech and mostly stock, then Duner tells me he really doesnt know what this guy has other than that,but the intake and tbody are stock, then when someone posts that they witnessed daks running not so good times (see the post about r/t's and l's in Topeka)a flood of reasons why they didnt run so well comes in,(notice I didnt say excuses)
Earlier this year I posted about my trials and tribulations with my R/T and I got flogged by most of you R/T guys saying everything from I must be a shitty mechanic or I never owned one in the first place, but what pisses me off more than anything else is that most of you thought I was trash talking R/T's, and I wasnt, I was just stating my facts and what happend to me.
Everybodys D is bigger on the internet, and I am sure it is the same way about Et's too.

I notice that nobody in the R/T camp has yet to post either a video or a timeslip backing up these sub 13 second runs.
That is a challenge to you Dak/ R/T guy.
I cant get to the tracks most of you live at and maybe all the ones around here are not tuned as well or are just more normal, so post something to back it up. not just burn out pics, I want to see the entire run. If that is possible.
Like I said, why would a faster truck offend me?? It doesnt at all, just prove it..

------------------
01 white lightning, JDM flip chip that is the shiznit!!! 2000 Civic Si, vortech, killer stereo, screaming little bitch.
2000 Suzuki RM125. slings mud every weekend.
85 toyota tercel
3 Beagles,My boyz, Pokey, Nitro, and Slinger JJ's Whitelightning

My new albums

Everyone together now: "JJs a shitty mechanic, JJs a shitty mechanic neaner,neaner,neaner!" LOL. Relax,I'm just messin with you.
I don't have any videos,but several of the L guys,I believe on this board, saw it all happen.But than again,"it's so easy to lie on the internet."
wink.gif

Tom

JJ - I have tried to be respectul and informative in my posts in this forum, but you evidently don't get it. Since you are obviously trying to provoke some sort of negative response.........I will not provide it for you. I'm done with you.

Duner
the better man

Surfa - Sorry for screwing up your post by trying to answer JJs questions.

Rod - Thanks guy. Too bad others can't be as cool as you are. Keep up the good work!!!!

Hey Tom, I dont think either you or Duner really have R/Ts!! LOL
biggrin.gif
Rod K.

------------------
Rod K.
fe971776.jpg

93 Lightning #1529
98 SVT Contour E1 #5782

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FAT:
in this thread!!!

</font>

I'm with you FAT. I'll start off a LIGHTNING discussion. Who's running the most boost on a LIGHTNING stock shortblock? How much boost is everybody running?

------------------
Nothing strikes faster than Lightning!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DaPurpleR/T:
Her eya go JJ, since you asked so not-nicely. Here's an R/T running 12s, low 12s. He's got NOS and a few othe rmods, no SCers. He's running either a 125 or 150 shot, can't remember which. Don't look at what's in the other lane, it may cause severe pain to ya
biggrin.gif

http://www.chicagolandrtclub.org/video/terryd_byron1.mpg

</font>

Ok. I will admit it.. my AOL media player sucks.. I couldnt see the video but I did hear the sound... Thank you for posting it and if I can figure out a way to view it I will.

Duner, you are so freakin sensitive, does that mean when the going gets tough you get going?? I was just asking a simple question, and this is war zone, so stirring up controversy is part of it.. would you believe me if I said my uncle has a 12 second ranger with only a supercharger and some other minor mods?? I dont think you would, wouldnt you like to see it for yourself?? I never said that these fast trucks dont exist, and that is where you start getting upset.. WHY??
Is it so hard to prove?? obviously not, unless you are full of it to begin with,(not saying you specifically are)

More vids please.....

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Duner
the better man[/B]</font>

See what I meant about lying on the internet????

Get a grip Duner... it is only a discussion..

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JJ's Whitelight:
See what I meant about lying on the internet????

Get a grip Duner... it is only a discussion..

</font>

JJ,

I have met Duner in person, and have talked with him extensively. He IS a way better person than I believe you are. I know of Scotts Truck... it DOES run low 12's. So what if they dont have vids? They have better things to be doin at the track than takin videos.... like RACING. OBVIOUSLY something that you have a hard time understanding. I dont believe you run 13. whatever... nor that you owned an RT... show me some video.

Danno

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Purple Haze:

JJ,
I dont believe you run 13. whatever... nor that you owned an RT... show me some video.

Danno

</font>

Well.. lets see.. a stock 01 L runs 13.80 so there you go, I run 13's, but since my mods I probably run 12.90's or so on a good night.
Can you count??? If you can than why dont you read also?? Look at my thread called "this is how she hooks" and count in seconds how long it takes me to get to 107 miles and hour, hell, count how long it takes in my second vid I posted to get to 60.. less than 5 secs....

There is no trick photography or anything and as soon as I get to the track, hopefully this weekend, I will post current Et's.
As far as my R/T is concerned, what kinda proof do you want?? I never took it to the track, as stated before, my friend that bought it did. so what would you like?? the window sticker?? check my albums I have linked in my sig and you will see my old truck.. if you still dont believe me, let me know.. I will send you a copy of my sales agreement.. jeeez. you Dak guys are so sensitive...

------------------
01 white lightning, JDM flip chip that is the shiznit!!! 2000 Civic Si, vortech, killer stereo, screaming little bitch.
2000 Suzuki RM125. slings mud every weekend.
85 toyota tercel
3 Beagles,My boyz, Pokey, Nitro, and Slinger JJ's Whitelightning

My new albums

Back