HOPE THIS ONE CATCHES ON

Well, like I said, I am a 29 year, married man with a 4 month old son. I am a partner in a small law firm in west central Illinois and also a professor at a small private college.I have a house,a couple of dogs, and several other hobbies (hunting, skiing, traveling, power lifting,playing with boy). I think my car fetish comes from being unable to have a cool car in my teen years. My siter had a 89 GTA and I had to drive a 76 Chevy Impala. I was always "borrowing" her car to race. Anyway, about the cars, the 63 Vette is original 16,000 miles, stock tires, battery, paint, etc. The 64 1/2 is stock with 30,000 miles (needs a new fuel pump) and the 70 Boss is stock. The 93 L is stroked to 357 with TRW nitrous pistons, roller cam conversion, adjustable Nitrous Works kit, ported stock heads, ported intake 1.7 rr, bassani full exhaust, MSD everything, 36 pound injectors, accufab tb and fuel pressure regulator, Chris Johnson custom chip and lots of other goodies, but it needs some attention to suspension know. The Mustang is a 92 with an A4 block, 306 with Keith Craft pistons, custom grind cam, steel scat crank lots of other goodies and a vortech t-trim, it has all the suspension goodies and slicks and runs like a raped ape. The Grand National is my newest love, and am amazed at how little money it takes to go fast in these things. Honest to God, I had $600 dollars in the car, including $300 in tires and I was in the 12's. Gotta love those turbo's (yes, I own a blower car, turbo car, and nitrous truck, love power adders) and I just bought my wife a 96 Impala SS, black with 12,000 miles or so. She loves it. IT is stock for now, but I have my eye on a 10 lbs turbonetics kit for it. If you have anything else you would like to know, drop me a line. Thanks for listening and sorry so long.

Hey,
I'm 28 and got my Lightning in Aug of 99'. I've since put full Bassani exhaust (cats included), Trans-go shift kit with full bench upgrades (also upgraded the servo), and last but not least, a polished 6lb Paxton blower with a race impeller installed (thanx Icepick). This small mod is the greastest thing to "liven up" the daily commute. I recently had it dyno'd and while it's not that impressive ;)
here are the stats:
Torque: 332 ft lbs @ 3200
Horses: 260 @ 4500 at the rear wheels
These are the best of 5 runs, the blower actually put out 5.8lbs of boost !!! I think if I can play with the timing some more I could probably squeeze out a few more horses. Only time will tell. But that shift-kit barks those tires good when ya get on it. Surprised many a chevy on the way to work too !!! YaHOOOOOOO !!!!

Wildone,

What exactly is you Boss, I have a 69 boss 429. You never said what it actually was?

Anyway, I am 21 and bought a white 94 when I was nineteen. It had 64000 miles on it. I am selling it and now have a black 95 with only 13000 miles, 8500 when I bought it. It is mostly stock with bassani x-pipe, chip, pulleys and air filter.

It is a plain jane 1970 Boss 302, one of 6318 made with a 780 cfm Holley 4v carb and 290 horses, that goes from 0-60 in 6.3 seconds. It is green with black pinstrips. Really a nice car, very clean. I should drive it more than I do, but I do have some serious time restrictions. Later guys!

John Wilde

Im Marcus Harrison got my 95Lightning new for 20K its my first new truck/car Ive ever bought.I have a powerdyne and couple other mods done to it.I live For this Lightning stuff.Yea this board is great and hope it takes off to_Oh Im 30

I'm Dave Cannon and I'm 57 and have been build and racing cars since I was 15. I purchased my 48K mile black 93 in Feb for $9500 to tow my 71 Pantera. The Pantera is gone,(got an offer I couldn't refuse)so I've turned my attention to the L. It is in the shop now being disassemble and painted. Once its back I plan to start modifing the power train. Hope to have a "killer" truck by July.

I'm 31 and live in Indiana.. I have a red 93 Lightning with 86K miles on it.. I bought it last October with 66K miles on it. (I drive the truck anywhere) I drove it to West Palm Beach tothe AutoFest 2000 (over new Years)..This is my 2 nd Lightning.. Wanna see a pic?

http://mustang.myonlinehost.com/read.asp?Forum=738033877&ID=6&access=1&status=1

another over 40 here. bought my 93 red off the showroom floor. she had 800mi on her.ran 9.5 two weekends ago bone stock 8th mile. didnt figure that`s too bad. no pony cars could catch me! i`ll probable keep her forever!! D`S93

my name is ken I bought my black 93 in jan of 93. Mine was so new the sticker said vehicle was not epa rated not for sale.no one heard of lightning. Now where are we. anyway mine has been blown,lowered, mass air,custom exhaust, 400 watt stereo/ 2 subs.cervini hood,snug top bed cap,rear wing racing strips,the bed is covered w/ carpet under the bed cap,to just name but a few. the last time it ran at the track it ran 13 flat at 111mph. that was before the 75mm accufab tb and the bassini x pipe. right now it has 130,000 miles on it and it still runs great.

i'm brian george,and i'm 30 and i hate traffic.i have a black 94' that has 78000,i've had it for 2yrs ,got it with 40000.marshall talked me into the powerdyne right when i got the truck and has been great ever sence.i'm still trying to up grade little things as i go.i use it for everything from pulling my 98' black and white crownline to the lake, to pulling the work trailer, to racing at the strip, to just f ing with people on the street.i love it and plan on keeping it forever why not,but also plan to upgrade to the gen2 someday.

Wildone- We just got rid of a 95 Impala SS that I installed the Turbo Technology setup on. What a sweet ride! That heavy car LOVES turbos. It only takes one dusting by a turbo Impalla for an M5 owner to lose his cool! Hehehe. I'm a turbo tech dealer so let me know and I'll see if I can find you a dealer in your area.

Shane

My names Curt, and I bought my Red 93 on 12/11/99 (my 18th birthday). Saw it on Sunday and bought it on Monday!! It's pretty much stock, but if any of you want to donate money or parts!!! J/K! Replaced an 88 GT w/T-Tops. Shoulda took all the parts out of her, woulda been a kick ass truck then!!! Looking to put a roller conversion, TransGo, and a homemade 3.5" single exhaust in it. Stereo is also on the way(work at a stereo dealer and a 4 wheel drive center).

Do 62 year old mom's count here? Mine has my 95 Black. 78K, I was driving about 50 miles a day till the 2000 showed up. She doesn't drive it as much, but informed me over the 180 mile trip she took last weekend that "nothing on the highway can touch it" (I was afraid to ask...)

I'm, uh, over 30 in biological years anyway. The 2k is getting the 50 miles or so a day now.

Anybody in Dallas TX ever get together to slobber on the paint of these things?

i would be afraid to let my mom play in my truck.she has 3 positions for the gas peddle fast/faster/fastest and you can already guess about the brake hard/harder/hardest and the truck would probably handle it with no problem but i'm not sure i could deal with to many of her rides.but then she refuses to ride on the kawasaki with me for the same reasons. bobby

bobby you ride. i have zx9r with several mods before we put the new sproket and jet kit 10:30 132 it is a 96 with 10,000 miles how bout yours been looking at that 12r but just too pricey $$$$ for me.

Hello, Tommy here,from St.Charles, Missouri (just west of St.Louis). Im 21 and a little green to this Lightning thing. I bought mine Feb 26th of this year. Its a Black '93 with 57,000 miles. I bought it for a weekend cruiser, and to tow my stroker motored Mustang. My short term goals for the truck are consistant 14 second timeslips. 14.999 for all I care. Im at 15.020 now with Bassani exhaust, 1.7 roller rockers, March pullies, 14* timing(I think), and a B&M Shiftplus (which im not happy with). Im hoping a K&N with the diesel tube setup and getting rid of some weight will do it for me.
My long term goals are 13 second timeslips. This will hopefully be achieved in about 2 to 3 years via forced air.

Anyways, I find the NLOC very informative, and everyone here to be friendly and helpful. Hopefully Ill see Jeff or Trace at WFC because I have I certain club Id like to join :eek:)

TommyP

I think we'll be easy to find - just look for a HERD of trucks with a big NLOC logo banner flying over them. ;-)

Later!
Jeff S.

well i guess that im the youngest owner on the list at 19. i started with a white 94 a year and a half ago. when i sold it last summer it had only 18000 miles on the clock. i got a mustang and soon missed my L so on dec 31 i got rid of my stang and behold my new red 94 lightning. it has 49K on it and at bone stock ran a 15.5 last night at the strip. right now i drive it daily but thats just until i get my other car done ( a 91 volkswagen corrado, ran a 15.029 last year bone stock).

oh yeah im tom himberger and im in omaha nebraska

well i guess that im the youngest owner on the list at 19. i started with a white 94 a year and a half ago. when i sold it last summer it had only 18000 miles on the clock. i got a mustang and soon missed my L so on dec 31 i got rid of my stang and behold my new red 94 lightning. it has 49K on it and at bone stock ran a 15.5 last night at the strip. right now i drive it daily but thats just until i get my other car done ( a 91 volkswagen corrado, ran a 15.029 last year bone stock).

oh yeah im tom himberger and im in omaha nebraska

Back