HOPE THIS ONE CATCHES ON

W

WILL1379

IM 21 ,AND BOUGHT MY TRUCK WHEN I WAS 18 ,AND I HAVE 69K ON MY 95. WHATS YOUR AGE AND HOW MANY OF YOU USE IT FOR DAILY DRIVING, HOW MANY MILES? THANKS WILL C. OF MARYLAND

I'm 29 and have owned my 93 since Aug 94 ($18,800 on the road brand new). I've driven
it 43K so far and used to use the truck everyday to go to work (10 miles round trip),
over here in Holland the truck enjoys a climate controlled garage 99% of the time...
I drive my hopptie 88 BMW 318i to work now, so the truck sees around 2000 miles a year.
MATTMAN

I'm 23. Bought my L in Nov. I have a company vehicle so I have only put about 3000mi. on her since then.

Sam

I'm 25, and have had my red '93 since Oct. '96 when I bought it with 24,000 miles. It now has 82,000 and have loved every mile. It is daily driven year round in central Iowa. It's been used as a truck (the bed liner has seen everything) and as a weekend racer. Just can't say enough about how much I like it. I'll have it for at least another four years so it will get me through college, and probably tow the trailer when I relocate.

I'm 23, bought my 93 two and a half years ago with 50,600 on the clock. Drive it everyday. It has 96,000 miles now and is see regularly at the strip.

Laurence Weiler
93' #2049
NLOC 339

This thread is a terrific idea!

I'm 27 and I bought my red 94 July 21, 1999 with 72,9xx miles on her. Since, I've added a cowl induction hood and color matched hard bed lid. This truck was purchased for towing my green 92 Mustang which just received it's A4 block stuffed with ALL the goodies TODAY! (thanks, Jeff!).
oh yeah, back to the truck ;o)
It's an incredible truck and I'll hate to see her go, but something must give when the Gen 2 Lightning finds it's way into our home.

Trace :eek:)
V-President NLOC
#513 in 94
NLOC #351

...so does this mean a new truck is coming soon, Trace? 8)

Anyway, I'm 26 and bought my black '94 back in March '98 with 32k on the clock. Currently shows 73-something, mainly due to the fact that I run the thing about 120 miles/day. My machine also has gotten a good workout towing a couple of different Mustangs over the past two years...

- Kevin

Hey, Mike from FL. 21 now, bought the truck at 16 and has 52k on it now... Daily driver but never very far to go. See mine racing on the street usually :)

when i join i can send in some pics to show you guys my truck, its black and i have painted silver stipes (about 12 inches wide and 1 inch apart) and i have put tail pipe exiting out the rear at the end of the truck behind the rear tires(achieving the look of the 94-98 mustangs and older lx's), with 3inch chrome exuast tips(this looks great, lots of comments!) i have a fiberglass lid with the stipes running up and down the whole truck, a roll pan, the neww lightning emblems, replacing the f150, and i have removed the tacky spare tire and repositioned the towing switch up under, and gave the truck a much cleaner look! WILL C

well i must be the old one here. let's just say 30. i have a blk 95 with several mods. i traded in my red 94 for it. i have had it for 3 yrs it has 90 or so on the clock
i drive it every where. fl,ca,nc. it is also used as a tow truck for my blk 83 wild street mustang. with old mods 10:50 135. with new mods (408 glide 2 foggers) 8"s i hope it will.maybe i can run with that green lx. some time ::)

Well, Im 27 and I have owned my 93 for 6.5 years (since new). I bought it when I was 21. It has 24k on the clock and is pretty custom, nothing like Ford had in mind when they built it. It is the red/black one in the trucks section. Im looking for 400 horses out of the motor (I hope) this year and some 12 second time slips!

I'm 30. I've had my 94 for about 6 weeks, although I've been around it for years. Bought it from a friend with 39k on it. Runs consistent 14.50's after towing my wife's 9 second twin turbo stang to the track.

Shane

Hmmm...looks like I'M the old one at 32. I have a white '94 which is bone stock. I purchased it two months ago with 76k miles and it now has 82k miles. I used to drive a '91 Mustang, but the Lightning is now my primary vehicle.

In fact, my wife likes driving the L so much that she favors it to her '97 Volvo (there's nothing like a classy lady driving a hot rod truck). Now why do I foresee a Gen 2 in our future??

I'm 21, just bought a White 95 Lightning with 30K. I am using it as an everyday driver so I don't have to drive my Teal 93 Cobra everday. My cobra has about 9K on the clock and has been in a heated garage for most of it's life. Back to the Lightning. It has a few mods and has run a best of 14.6 in the 1/4.

This board is a very good resource and I hope it grows!

John

93 Teal Cobra #4656
95 White Lightning #103 (I think)

Hello, I'm 29 and my white '94 became a part of the family in March of '99. I've changed the exhaust (removed the Flow Masters that the previous owner installed) and ran the two 3" pipes out the back just beneath the roll pan and beside the hitch that I fabricated. I'm a welder/fabricator by trade. It had 68k miles when I got it (it belonged to a truck driver so it spent most of it's adolesent life in a garage as it does now) it now has 74k. Love it, but looking at a 2001.5 model pretty seriously.
Number 2252 White.

I am 29 years old, and my 93 lighting has 90,000 on the odometer. It is my daily driven 12 second lighting. It has a built engine to handle the nitrous and the suspension is receiving the same treatment. I have a 10 second 92 mustang (A4, t-trim, the works) and a 11 Grand National (newest toy TE-52 tubro, CAV4 Intercooler, 50 lb MSD) and a 1996 Impala SS with 12,000 miles and several other cars that never see the light of day (63 Vette, 64 1/2 Mustang Convert, 70 Boss Mustang). I had to buy land and put a Morton building on it to house the cars. I am looking for a Hugger Orange 69 Chevelle is anyone knows of one.

John Wilde

sorry russ but you lose,i'm 44 with 45 a little around the corner.i got my 93 in 01/94 and it just turned 47,000 and has pretty much been babied all its life.my biggest problem is a 20 year old daughter that says i'm not to old for the 91 m-7 lincoln but i'm to old to act a fool in the truck.i used to tell her it was a guy thing and she wouldn't understand but i think i'm going to introduce her to the lightning site so she can read trace's and mslightning's postings and then maybe she will believe i am normal.thank you trace & mslightning for your help in it's a woman thing too. bobby

Bobby!

Give me a day with your daughter and I'll have her doing your tune-ups for ya! LOL!

Hint: it's easier to keep the fingernails clean when they are long :eek:)

Trace
:eek:)

Wildone, where do you find the time and money to play with all of those cool "toys"? Thats an impressive collection you got. Tells us more about them. Geez and I though 3 cars (91 and 99 GT, 93 L) was tough to keep up with!!!

Well guys, I am 50 years old. I bought my 95 Red Lightning, Dec, 1995. I have 27 k miles on her now. She takes me out when I want to hear some good V8 music. No major mods, but she has every factory option. She does have a trailer hitch on her to pull the svo mustangs that I have. Might consider selling her to get one of the new Lightnings. Both are great trucks!!

Back