Holley Terminator X

Scott, would you mind sharing some details about your install?.... Where did you mount the Term X and the Quick 4 (glove box?)? Did you follow the stock path, down the driver's side frame rail, for the Quick 4 wiring to the transmission solenoids? How did you split the TPS signal for input into the both the Term X and the Quick 4? Was there any particular thing slowed the installation or that you would recommend? Finally getting around to starting this same install on my '94L and trying to figure out the best attack plan... Thanks!

How's your install going?

How's your install going?

It's about to be going great!! I dropped the truck off at Saul's Performance and he is going to do the install!! I got the Haynes manual just like you suggested and was ready to go, but after doing some wiring in my '79 Ford Fairmont hotrod wagon, I decided that I just didn't have the time or desire to tackle the Lightning. Fortunately the only guy I trust to do the install had an opening and it went there this morning... Definitely not the cheapest route but it will get done quickly, correctly and maybe I can have my Lightning finally testing at the track in a couple months (I have some other work to do to it once I get it back)...

Good for you guys, I like to be hands-on with my truck that way if something goes wrong I can figure it out and troubleshoot it, plus here in Alaska there just isn’t that many tuners to have that option with.

Good for you guys, I like to be hands-on with my truck that way if something goes wrong I can figure it out and troubleshoot it, plus here in Alaska there just isn’t that many tuners to have that option with.

Yes sir... That's what I normally do too.. But I just haven't made any progress on my Lightning so it was time to bite the bullet... Plus there's a WHOLE lot more stuff to do to it so many more opportunities...

I’m curious to find out how it turns out, please keep us posted.
I finally got my wide-open shift dialed in with the Quick 4, now I just got to take care of a cold start ramp down for my high idle at cold start, time put the truck in storage for the winter, I’m really pleased with this Holley system so far.
Final touch will be getting it dyno tuned next spring.

I’m curious to find out how it turns out, please keep us posted.
I finally got my wide-open shift dialed in with the Quick 4, now I just got to take care of a cold start ramp down for my high idle at cold start, time put the truck in storage for the winter, I’m really pleased with this Holley system so far.
Final touch will be getting it dyno tuned next spring.
This guy is awesome. I have watched all his EFI Tuning classes. Here is one specific to Holley

https://evansperformanceacademy.vhx.tv/videos/holley-term-x-nova-pt-1-holley-term-x-nova-pt-1

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Yes I’ve seen his videos, that’s nice that you have those options,
I got to the point that I wanted someone to take over the installation but nobody available.

Well, cold start ramp up is most likely just another table to set telling it when to ramp up.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Cold start - and I mean truly cold start - is the toughest thing to get right. You don't get a lot of shots to tune it. During the winter here (yeah, I know, North Carolina vs Alaska isn't much of a "winter" comparison), I leave the garage door open for a while in the early morning and then do a start.

I've found that it likes a lot more fuel than I'd really have guessed for the first few seconds.

Cold start - and I mean truly cold start - is the toughest thing to get right. You don't get a lot of shots to tune it. During the winter here (yeah, I know, North Carolina vs Alaska isn't much of a "winter" comparison), I leave the garage door open for a while in the early morning and then do a start.

I've found that it likes a lot more fuel than I'd really have guessed for the first few seconds.
Yeah the whole start and warm up sequence can be challenging to dial in. Remember if you have to give it throttle then you either need less fuel or more cranking IAC. I like to crank it cold then watch it go to each temperature point then shut it off and retry. Also don't underestimate the power of the priming pulsewidth when you turn the key. I find in my truck it can make for a much crisper start.... Especially with e85. Other than start up sequence the driveability stuff like accel enrichment is what gives me most fits.. WOT is easy lol.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Cold start up is great but once it gets there the high idle drops to fast then catches itself.
I just need to hold the ramp down for a few more seconds, I think.

It's about to be going great!! I dropped the truck off at Saul's Performance and he is going to do the install!! I got the Haynes manual just like you suggested and was ready to go, but after doing some wiring in my '79 Ford Fairmont hotrod wagon, I decided that I just didn't have the time or desire to tackle the Lightning. Fortunately the only guy I trust to do the install had an opening and it went there this morning... Definitely not the cheapest route but it will get done quickly, correctly and maybe I can have my Lightning finally testing at the track in a couple months (I have some other work to do to it once I get it back)...

Any updates, how's the progress going?

Back