Holley Terminator X

Some pics of the install... The custom brackets under the center console where already in the truck when I bought it and made mounting the Holley and Quick 4 controllers much easier. I can look down between the driver's seat and the console and see the Quick 4 display and the Holley lights if anything funky happens. Sauls Performance separated the Holley loom out and extended it where needed to make sure everything looked as OEM as possible. It's tough to see but the main engine/injector harness comes through the firewall behind the engine so that really cleaned up the install. He also installed and wiring in the new ignition system and made sure all my stock gauges worked along with the new sensors.

Look up Sauls Performance on Facebook and message him for details on all of his services. You won't be disappointed!!

How did they run the wires from behind the dash to under the center seat/console?

How did they run the wires from behind the dash to under the center seat/console?

Down the top/side edge of the driver's side of the transmission tunnel.. I had to go look since it is not noticeable under the carpet... He also split up the wiring to make the under-hood routing as short as possible.

Thanks for posting all the pics! Your install looks great, sounds like they did a good job and took care of you. IF you don't mind giving me a ballpark, how many labor hours did they charge and what was their rate?

Five weeks seems like a very fair turnaround. When I dropped my truck off back in July I expected +/- 2 months. I had my accident a few weeks after that and was incapacitated for the past few months (planning to go back to work Jan 3rd0, and with it being winter I don't really mind it sitting there for "free" since I know its indoors. Now come spring and it's not done, then I'm gonna get fired up!

Since my install had several other things that had to be fixed I'm not sure how representative it is of a typical install... But I have 33 hours in the install including the starter repair and fuel system repair (included replacing fuel pressure regulator and custom wiring of fuel pump relays since I have multiple pumps)... You can expect a shop rate of $95 to $105 so doing the math you can see this isn't for the faint of heart/wallet... lol... I would expect 25 hours installed and tuned if everything in the truck is functioning properly before the install...

Good to hear another Gen 1 with an upgraded computer and fuel system and more carefree driving. I will have to look into Sauls for online tuning or another reputable tuner for next spring, still haven't got a call back from either of the 2 dyno tune shops here.

How much colder in heat range did you go with your plugs for your Holley system?

Truck has AGSF32C's from when the blower was on it so I stayed with those.... I wouldn't think you need to change heat range for the Holley.. I normally do that considering the combination... NA vs blower vs nitrous... For most applications like this I have run 32c range with good luck... You can go to a 42c on a NA combination and pickup some power but possibly risk denotation if the fuel quality is off....

Hey stangbuilder, can you post a pic of the mount for the screen?
I just got my termX and quick 4 in and am gonna do the install soon, so another Holley truck install. Hope all goes well. I did see a pic of the screen somewhere but can’t find it now. Thanks in advance and any tips on install sure are welcome.

Sauls Performance made a small custom bracket to angle the screen towards the driver... Works great and doesn't mess with the look of the dash... This is the same location that the control knob for my 6BTM was when the truck had a blower on it. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_4016.jpg
    IMG_4016.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4017.jpg
    IMG_4017.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 29
Yes it does help, it looks sharp that way. I’m also going to go with the sniper distributor that plugs into the msd box with an adapter, so I’m wondering how much if any of the 60 pin harness and ECM I need to use. Did you stay with stock TFI ignition?

My install used a new Holley Dual Sync distributor and Daytona Sensors Ignition system... All of the parts came from Matt Hill Motorsports (except the Quick 4 which I had bought previously) and were installed and tuned by Sauls Performance...

Hey stangbuilder, can you post a pic of the mount for the screen?
I just got my termX and quick 4 in and am gonna do the install soon, so another Holley truck install. Hope all goes well. I did see a pic of the screen somewhere but can’t find it now. Thanks in advance and any tips on install sure are welcome.
How is the Terminator X install going?

I got it all wire up and tuned. Man it runs so much better. I couldn’t ask for more from Holley. I ended up just making a harness off where the eec relay was and weather packed those to the loose Holley wires. I found a tuner on the Holley forum to just remote in and tune it , since I know almost nothing.

I got it all wire up and tuned. Man it runs so much better. I couldn’t ask for more from Holley. I ended up just making a harness off where the eec relay was and weather packed those to the loose Holley wires. I found a tuner on the Holley forum to just remote in and tune it , since I know almost nothing.
Who did you use for the remote tune and price if you don’t mind me asking?

No problem, I used Andrew, at Projectgattago@gmail.com
He charges $525. And we’ve had a few phone calls and about 3 remote sessions so far. I’m real pleased with him. It’s not like everything is a charge. He’s willing to help and wants it right. He is in Kansas City (CT). Quick response to emails. I also went with the dual sync. Distributor per his suggestion before the install so I could get the sequential injection tune, also a good idea.

With this firewall pass thru, I was also able to get the trans. Controller wires through as well, but I had to leave the protective loom off at the pass thru.

You’re welcome, that is also a two- piece. Andrew I’m pretty sure works mostly with the Holley stuff. He’s been to their classes. Highly recommend him. I haven’t put many miles on it since I got it up and running, maybe 100, but it’s awesome. I’ll probably go ahead and wire my fans into the I/O system and let it control those as well.

I just got done with a remote tune with Rich Nedbal, efiexpert.com
On a scale from 1-10 I'd give him a 12, I was on the phone and using TeamViewer on the lap top, he basically started from scratch building me a tune from what you couldn't even call a tune from Matt Hill Motorsports (Beware).
Everything was so precise from matching the barometer to manifold temp, cold start to ramp down (which was a problem) going off the specs off the cam card.
These were all specs that were handed to Matt Hill, but he just did a quick base tune that would start the motor or wouldn't blow up the motor, this engines going to run so much more efficient now.
Kudos to Rich Nedbal.

Glad to hear he got it running right. Now you need to get those old slicks out and see what she'll do.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Good deal Scott, glad you found the tuner you were needing. What was his price if you don’t mind. I’m really pleased with my tune. But a lot wasn’t explained during the tune. The team viewer is a good way to go. How is the quick 4 for you? I’m thinking I may need to adjust it some. I also put the circle D converter in and I like it . Just never had one like that.

Back