Heading to the dyno (again).. ;)

My street numbers now are pretty much my race numbers before the plenum, but with street fuel and less boost :D. Right around 650/690 for the street numbers with pump gas and something like 10* timing and 18 lbs of boost. Before for those numbers I was at 16* timing C16 and 20 lbs. Race numbers now are 722/772 with C16 and 16* timing and 22 lbs of boost.

Street pulley setup is 10 lb lower and 3.5" upper (18 lbs)
Then I've got a 3.2" upper for 20 lbs, and a 3.0" upper for 22 lbs.

Man.. I can't wait to see what mine will make at 18psi.. lol.. These XR heads and plenum/tb setup definitely make a HUGE amount of power! Then, James was telling me that his dyno reads a little low.. :blink:

I'm going to wait till it gets cooler out before I turn the boost up any higher. The truck is a complete animal as it is, and I'm perfectly happy. :)

Travis

Not cool Travis. The joke and the fuel issues. Sounds weird. And you just have 2 Walbro 255lph pumps in a OEM fuel hat correct? Stock lines and filter setup? And then into the Aero rails? Take a laser temp reading of the rails while making some pulls and see what the rails register at. Or did you trying "icing down" or cooling the rails at all before any of the pulls to see if that was the case; fuel boiling? FFS

Sorry Stan.. lol.. I like to joke.. ;)

Anyway..

I have a Fore hat, with (2) 255's
Single -10 feed up to the front
Aeromotive filter on the rail
Russels -10 to twin -8 Y block
-8 into the back of each rail
-6 coming out of the other side, going to each side of the regulator
Standard EFI Aeromotive regulator
Single -6 return line

Fuel pressure appeared to be steady on the dyno, during pulls.. I tried 2 gauges, just to be safe.. Pressure would rise, 1-1 with boost, and wouldn't drop off. So, not sure about the regulator..

Travis

Congrats on getting it to where you're at. It will be an absolute beast when finished.

Man.. I can't wait to see what mine will make at 18psi.. lol.. These XR heads and plenum/tb setup definitely make a HUGE amount of power! Then, James was telling me that his dyno reads a little low.. :blink:

haha so does Johnny's. I could have went to JDM and put down 700 on my street setup instead of 650 :rofl: But i'd rather dyno lower numbers and run better times any day of the week! :rofl:

Although with your little joke up there, you may have some karma come get ya! :scared1: LoL!

Back