Heading to the dyno (again).. ;)

Just kidding, guys.. ;) (don't lynch me!!)

We had an issue with a bad MAFia, and ended up fixing it.. We're still tuning at 1am, and she's at 625whp/620wtq.. on the initial pull after figuring out the MAFia problem. Still have some trimming to do, but that's probably about it @ this boost level. We figure another 30-40whp at 17psi.

Just kidding, guys.. ;) (don't lynch me!!)

We had an issue with a bad MAFia, and ended up fixing it.. We're still tuning at 1am, and she's at 625whp/620wtq.. on the initial pull after figuring out the MAFia problem. Still have some trimming to do, but that's probably about it @ this boost level. We figure another 30-40whp at 17psi.

Man Bro that's cold.. Looks like and all dayer for tuning huh? I hope your feeding James..:D

James is friggen warrior.. I will say that much.. :)

It's 3am, and we're chasing an issue with fueling.. The tune is spot on, perfect. Make 2 pulls, and sometimes, the a/f will skew out of wack.. Up as high as 13.4:1, before letting out at 5k or so.

Fuel pressure is rock solid.. Maf counts are identical from all pulls.. No vacuum leaks that we can find.. Double checked a/f with 2 widebands (one on each bank).. Both 255lph pumps are wired straight to the battery.. Voltage is good..

We are whipped.. And are going to call it a night. So, just to see what would happen.. I cranked up the fuel pressure by 5psi.. Made a pull.. Dropped .75 of a point a/f.. But still not right. Make another pull right behind it, and a/f drops to 11.2:1... The truck makes 630whp..

The only thing that we can see, is maybe the fuel is boiling in the rails.. And giving us wacky vapor issues..

But, there's nothing more that we can do tonight. James has been absolutely great to work with, and I couldn't ask for a better guy to tune my truck.. I'm nodding off, and he's still making pulls.. LOL

Anyway.. Any suggestions? We are baffled here.

Travis

wow!! so are you guys still at?.... i have followed your build since it began but never had a chance to post anything... just wanted to tell you you have done a heck of a job and i hope you guy get it right this time..

You fu*kin piece of sh*t! Haha! Glad to hear she's good! Sounds like an animal! The intermittent fuel issue is strange. What were your IAT2's at?

Man thats COLD!!!

hehe.. ;)

Hey.. what did you make with your setup on pump gas? You were at 17-18psi?

What pulley combo are you running?

I double checked with another boost gauge, and I'm only hitting 14.5psi or so. I made 630whp/617wtq @ that boost level.

Travis

You fu*kin piece of sh*t! Haha! Glad to hear she's good! Sounds like an animal! The intermittent fuel issue is strange. What were your IAT2's at?

I took it out on the street, after pulling it off of the dyno.. and the A/F was nice and fat.. So, I dunno.. I made 3 pulls, back to back, on the street, and never noticed it get above 11.4:1 or so. I'm on E10 gas, so that's pretty good. The truck is a complete animal on the Hankooks.. It's just undriveable, really.. :)

My IAT2's were hovering between 118-135 or so, depending on how long the truck got to cool off betwen uns.

Travis

hehe.. ;)

Hey.. what did you make with your setup on pump gas? You were at 17-18psi?

What pulley combo are you running?

I double checked with another boost gauge, and I'm only hitting 14.5psi or so. I made 630whp/617wtq @ that boost level.

Travis

My street numbers now are pretty much my race numbers before the plenum, but with street fuel and less boost :D. Right around 650/690 for the street numbers with pump gas and something like 10* timing and 18 lbs of boost. Before for those numbers I was at 16* timing C16 and 20 lbs. Race numbers now are 722/772 with C16 and 16* timing and 22 lbs of boost.

Street pulley setup is 10 lb lower and 3.5" upper (18 lbs)
Then I've got a 3.2" upper for 20 lbs, and a 3.0" upper for 22 lbs.

Not cool Travis. The joke and the fuel issues. Sounds weird. And you just have 2 Walbro 255lph pumps in a OEM fuel hat correct? Stock lines and filter setup? And then into the Aero rails? Take a laser temp reading of the rails while making some pulls and see what the rails register at. Or did you trying "icing down" or cooling the rails at all before any of the pulls to see if that was the case; fuel boiling? FFS

Not cool Travis. The joke and the fuel issues. Sounds weird. And you just have 2 Walbro 255lph pumps in a OEM fuel hat correct? Stock lines and filter setup? And then into the Aero rails? Take a laser temp reading of the rails while making some pulls and see what the rails register at. Or did you trying "icing down" or cooling the rails at all before any of the pulls to see if that was the case; fuel boiling? FFS

I believe he has the FORE fuel hat with 2 walbro 255 lph pumps, upgraded lines, w/ aero rails

He's got the FORE hat!

:angry: that was wrong........... :nono:

on the other hand... I'm glad it was a joke. Those are some nice numbers even with fuel issues and 14.5psi.

Is it a Aero fuel reg too? Maybe not the high dollar pro series ones, but the cheaper ones I think are crap. Way too many times we have heard stories like this, just like on I'd Win's truck, and I told him from it was the reg. After he checked every other possible fuel system component, it ended up being the reg. I won't use Aero anything myself. FFS

Back