Getting the Red/Black 93 Back on the Road?

Thanks! I pulled the oil cooler and hit it with matching engine paint since it looked so bad.

It is!!! And I know its dirty, but it'll get some good cleaning its all done.

51108906139_331a09212b_b.jpg

51109934870_fcbbb319c7_b.jpg

51109157386_c2e04de89b_b.jpg

Man, I really should've cleaned and painted the frame rails while the engine was out! :cr: I think I may still get some POR-15, or KBS and brush the rails before the headers go in.

Speaking of headers, I haven't ordered Kooks yet, my cheap side is reconsidering using the old headers/exhaust... :nono: To be fair Uncle Sam reached into my pocket for nearly $4k in taxes unexpectedly. :mad: The headers are at the powder coaters getting blasted, figured I'd at least clean 'em up and try to sell them, but now considering having them coated and saving about $2700 (Kooks + custom exhaust). But they just never seemed to fit right with the Canfield heads (shocker).
51109934900_af5c45b1a7_b.jpg

Excellent! Did your engine guy give you details on initial startup? Thinks like pre-oiling, recommended oil etc?

Actually no. He said he primed it before delivery, but that won't mean anything a month or a few when it finally gets fired up.

Actually no. He said he primed it before delivery, but that won't mean anything a month or a few when it finally gets fired up.

Pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say we want to see you back on the road! I’ll take some pics of Woody from Ford Strokers guide, pretty simple but I think you should follow it.

I always, always, always drive the oil pump with a drill until oil bubbles out at the rockers, turn the engine over with the starter by jumping the relay and watch the valve train, then install the valve covers, plugs and the alternator.

With the GT40, you'll have to install the upper after the valve covers as well, so be sure that the tape and such if off of the lower intake before turning the engine over to watch the valve train.

You guys have a look at this, it's what came with my engine.

https://www.buildpics.org/wp-content/gallery/engine/1_Break-In.jpg?i=1130731688[img][/QUOTE]

Simple enough! You have a link to this engine you bought? FordStrokers? I'm looking to start putting money aside to get a new engine.

Simple enough! You have a link to this engine you bought? FordStrokers? I'm looking to start putting money aside to get a new engine.

Dennis Macho was the original purchaser, he picked up the Liberator shortblock and then added TEA TW 205 heads and a bunch of other stuff. Probably need to talk to Woody at Ford Strokers to help guide your choice, but I'd probably look at the longblock option below.

http://fordstrokers.com/fordstrokers-long-blocks/dart-351-long-blocks/dart-408-427-Longblock

The first set looks like it would fit the ports better.

I’ve had better luck with the copper crush gaskets though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first set looks like it would fit the ports better.

I’ve had better luck with the copper crush gaskets though.

If I use the Macs, I they have some fit issues so I want the best gasket. Who makes the copper crush gasket?

The kooks come with gaskets.

I probably should just order the Kooks, but I havent made up my mind yet. Worst case I have a spare set of $30-ish gaaskets.

Back