Dear Ford THANK YOU!!! ( F-150 Tremor )

for what that thing will cost i could do some wicked nasty dirty things to my 1st gen...i tried to daily a regular cab truck and just couldn't do it. had a 5.3 silverado and it was quick but i just hated not having leg room.

i'm sure its all about the EPA but still not getting why it doesn't have a better motor in it.

for what that thing will cost i could do some wicked nasty dirty things to my 1st gen...i tried to daily a regular cab truck and just couldn't do it. had a 5.3 silverado and it was quick but i just hated not having leg room.

i'm sure its all about the EPA but still not getting why it doesn't have a better motor in it.

Guess you've never driven an EcoBoost truck have you.
Our 2012 4 dr F150 EcoBoost will pull my bolt on 94 L all day long and do it well returning 17 in town and 23/24 on the hwy.
no comparison to an ol na motor.

I think it was one of the most requested configurations to have a reg cab sb sport truck that had the ecoboost.

Go drive one, you will quickly eat your words on the ecoboost. stock it pumps out 365HP and 420 ft lbs. that is diesel like torque figures.

So its a regular cab short bed truck with cool decals....20 inch wheels not lowered...I'm sure its gonna be quick..

.But Id rather see it with the new 5.8 with a blower on it and lowered that says Lightning...but we cant win them all..Also I'm sure there will be a (Supercrew) option at some point...My opinion :rolleyes:

Guess you've never driven an EcoBoost truck have you.
Our 2012 4 dr F150 EcoBoost will pull my bolt on 94 L all day long and do it well returning 17 in town and 23/24 on the hwy.
no comparison to an ol na motor.

Ill run your Eco boost in my bolt on 1st gen

I think it was one of the most requested configurations to have a reg cab sb sport truck that had the ecoboost.

Go drive one, you will quickly eat your words on the ecoboost. stock it pumps out 365HP and 420 ft lbs. that is diesel like torque figures.

I've driven one, I purchased a 5.0L instead.

Now..THAT....I Like!!!
Shame Im sure I cant afford one. Hafta stick wit my 168,000 mile Gen 1 fer now :thumbup:

They should've left the tremor bs out and created a lightning with the 5.8L Supercharged Trinity motor for sure! a 650 horse production lightning would be SICK!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

its so easy to get 750 out of the trinity its retarded that they haven't came out with a new lightning yet

Having a hard time buying into this truck. I really like my Lightning and I haven't seen much to compare. A lot of wheelwell gap there.

They should've left the tremor bs out and created a lightning with the 5.8L Supercharged Trinity motor for sure! a 650 horse production lightning would be SICK!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

its so easy to get 750 out of the trinity its retarded that they haven't came out with a new lightning yet
SALES!! Simple, the mainstream wants a 4 door truck to haul the rug rats and their gear around in, I don't foresee there ever being a 2 door sport truck again. Most (read as MOST, not ALL) people that want one couldn't afford what MSRP would be, and Ford knows it....so they cater to the mainstream.

SALES!! Simple, the mainstream wants a 4 door truck to haul the rug rats and their gear around in, I don't foresee there ever being a 2 door sport truck again. Most (read as MOST, not ALL) people that want one couldn't afford what MSRP would be, and Ford knows it....so they cater to the mainstream.

Well said. And its a dam shame. Oh well guess we'll just have to keep upgrading the trucks we've got.

If they gain popularity site admins should be doing everything they can to court the new truck owners. Could breathe some new life into this whole Lightning movement.

Looks good. . . but its not a Lightning. Maybe one day Ford will reconsider and build a 3rd gen.

If we could get this truck with the 5.0 and supercharged with good suspension and lowered that would ne cool.

Im sure its fast. Probably low 14s in .25. Be nice if it were a Manual 6speed and AWD then i would be interested.

im ordering one late this year...wanna see/drive one first... in 2wd trim it should be a low 14 sec truck I would imagine...not too far off from a gen 2.....the aftermarket support is pretty good...id bet you see them hit the 11s without touching a camshaft or cylinder head....

that engine is unvelievable... makes crazy power and they don't break!!....a few keystrokes and the gains are enormous....the explorer sports are going high 12s with a tune, and exhaust...weighing in a 5000lbs...

im looking forward to owning the ecoboost/6R80 combo in a short cab......now somebody buy my GEN 1!!! make me an offer!!!

Last edited:
Back