Dear Ford THANK YOU!!! ( F-150 Tremor )

I know what I'm talking about sometimes. I mentioned it not to knock the 5.0 like some might think, but to merely point out that every vehicle, every make has some issues. There are eco boost issues, as well as 5.0, ls, etc. etc. etc. The 5.0 motor is an amazing piece, some believe it is the successor to the pushrod 5.0 and ls motors. The ecoboost line is also an amazing step in technology and will be further developed because it has to. In order for these manufacturers to keep providing v8 groundpounding engines, mileage and carb requirements have to come from somewhere. Whether it be Ford, Chevy, Dodge.

Paul,

I retract my saying the TSB is nonsense. I do understand the basics of a TSB from working in the auto service industry. And, I am not saying you are incorrect. This thread has turned into something it wasn't meant to be. As you mentioned earlier, there are other forums beating this subject to death. It was implied somewhat, the Coyote 5.0L is a weak engine and could possibly come apart internally, if power was added to it, and the Ford TSB 11-7-7 is proof of that. I read the TSB completely and I 100% agree that Hack tuners exist, and Ford may not cover repairs under warranty if something of this nature occurs.

Aftermarket add-on's have been on automakers Radar for many years now. I had a similar occurrence come in to the shop back in 2008. A wife brought her husband's car in for a MIL. As soon as the hood was opened, the Tech pulled me aside and said he knew the MIL was going to be from the aftermarket CAI. I asked the wife if she would like to proceed with the diagnostic and had her sign and initial that she understood the diagnostic fee may not be covered under manufacturers warranty. She agreed to the diagnostic. The vehicle was running lean. The wife contacted the husband, who had thrown the factory snorkel, airbox and ducting in the trash months earlier. The wife could not afford to order the new factory parts to correct the MIL, and she left angry because she had agreed, with a signature, to pay the diagnostic if not under warranty. She left the shop, with a lean condition, and smoke coming out of the tailpipe on a vehicle less than two years old.

So, I was attempting to say that Ford would not sale aftermarket parts for their vehicles, if possible damage could be a result from that part being installed, on a Coyote 5.0L Mustang or F150. And, I do not agree that TSB 11-7-7 is saying the Coyote 5.0L engine is weak just because this TSB exists. My 2011 owner's manual has a paragraph about consequences from modifying the vehicle, which may not be covered under warranty. This warranty covers all F150 powertrains; 3.7L, 5.0L, 3.5L EB, and 6.2L. I am pretty sure this warranty statement covers all new Ford vehicles.

I do not attempt to know all, and I hope I never come across that way on our Forum. It's time to bow out of this thread and move on to more important issues, helping out our Gen. 1 Brothers and Sisters.

Stay warm, it looks like another cold week for most of the country.

Last edited:
Paul,

I retract my saying the TSB is nonsense. I do understand the basics of a TSB from working in the auto service industry. And, I am not saying you are incorrect. This thread has turned into something it wasn't meant to be. As you mentioned earlier, there are other forums beating this subject to death. It was implied somewhat, the Coyote 5.0L is a weak engine and could possibly come apart internally, if power was added to it, and the Ford TSB 11-7-7 is proof of that. I read the TSB completely and I 100% agree that Hack tuners exist, and Ford may not cover repairs under warranty if something of this nature occurs.

Aftermarket add-on's have been on automakers Radar for many years now. I had a similar occurrence come in to the shop back in 2008. A wife brought her husband's car in for a MIL. As soon as the hood was opened, the Tech pulled me aside and said he knew the MIL was going to be from the aftermarket CAI. I asked the wife if she would like to proceed with the diagnostic and had her sign and initial that she understood the diagnostic fee may not be covered under manufacturers warranty. She agreed to the diagnostic. The vehicle was running lean. The wife contacted the husband, who had thrown the factory snorkel, airbox and ducting in the trash months earlier. The wife could not afford to order the new factory parts to correct the MIL, and she left angry because she had agreed, with a signature, to pay the diagnostic if not under warranty. She left the shop, with a lean condition, and smoke coming out of the tailpipe on a vehicle less than two years old.

So, I was attempting to say that Ford would not sale aftermarket parts for their vehicles, if possible damage could be a result from that part being installed, on a Coyote 5.0L Mustang or F150. And, I do not agree that TSB 11-7-7 is saying the Coyote 5.0L engine is weak just because this TSB exists. My 2011 owner's manual has a paragraph about consequences from modifying the vehicle, which may not be covered under warranty. This warranty covers all F150 powertrains; 3.7L, 5.0L, 3.5L EB, and 6.2L. I am pretty sure this warranty statement covers all new Ford vehicles.

I do not attempt to know all, and I hope I never come across that way on our Forum. It's time to bow out of this thread and move on to more important issues, helping out our Gen. 1 Brothers and Sisters.

Stay warm, it looks like another cold week for most of the country.

I like the 5.0...im not saying its a weak engine. but of all the years of power adders on obd2 mustangs etc...this is the first engine that ford has felt compelled to issue a bulletin on...and its not a global bulletin. meaning it applies to all engines. it specifically applies to the coyote.....that's just gotta say something imo...

james im not trying to incite you or even deliberately argue. im just trying to back up my opinion of these 2 engines with some written facts..... why I choose one over the other...

I will post pics of the truck when I get it. it will almost immediately get a 3/5 drop.....

"james im not trying to incite you or even deliberately argue."

To be honest, it never crossed my mind. I love talking with other Ford owners, and this website allows me to do so. I do miss working in Auto Service for the few perks it offered me. Access to a lift, compressor, ALLDATA, and a wash bay.

It's all good!

James

I like the 5.0...im not saying its a weak engine. but of all the years of power adders on obd2 mustangs etc...this is the first engine that ford has felt compelled to issue a bulletin on...and its not a global bulletin. meaning it applies to all engines. it specifically applies to the coyote.....that's just gotta say something imo...

james im not trying to incite you or even deliberately argue. im just trying to back up my opinion of these 2 engines with some written facts..... why I choose one over the other...

I will post pics of the truck when I get it. it will almost immediately get a 3/5 drop.....

The truth about the 5.0, is that it will hold 700-800HP Bone stock, if done correctly. A current Ecoboost will never achieve those numbers. The stock trans and drivetrain can too. The Tremor with it's Ecoboost and 4.10 E Locker is no quicker than a RCSB STX 5.0 with the 3.55LS. Tremors are heavier, defeating any advantage they had.

Back