Another Twin Turbo Gen1

I don't think it'll get enough air flow there. Plus I don't want to cut out the center of my bumper.

Brian, did you have any issues with the Odysee battery?

Kind of... it had plenty of power to start if fully charged. But, not a lot of reserve power. The small drain for radio presets and the Holley dash would pull the voltage down and make starting sketchy at times. Only a prob when the truck sat a bit or if tuning with the key on engine off. I kind of wore down my patience and I switched back to a bigger batt. Sorry,not want you wanted to hear I'm sure,;m

Kind of... it had plenty of power to start if fully charged. But, not a lot of reserve power. The small drain for radio presets and the Holley dash would pull the voltage down and make starting sketchy at times. Only a prob when the truck sat a bit or if tuning with the key on engine off. I kind of wore down my patience and I switched back to a bigger batt. Sorry,not want you wanted to hear I'm sure,;m

Brian, which model did you use? Me and Brett were talking about this through texts a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the info. It is what it is. I'll keep that in the back of my mind when I'm in the truck. If it becomes a PITA I'll switch to something else...

Got the power steering lines made today. They worked out pretty good. Also measured for a new belt without the PS pump. We're going to leave it disconnected for now and deal with it when we pull the motor.
Wish they had them in the same color, but I'll deal with it later if it starts to bother me.
583001bee84262a7a2034921c0f38332.jpg
c3563acc1e1c546808d06660c13b1ffd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Got the power steering lines made today. They worked out pretty good. Also measured for a new belt without the PS pump. We're going to leave it disconnected for now and deal with it when we pull the motor.
Wish they had them in the same color, but I'll deal with it later if it starts to bother me.
583001bee84262a7a2034921c0f38332.jpg
c3563acc1e1c546808d06660c13b1ffd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That is cool! How hard is it to check or add PS fluid?

Checking it is easy, you can see the hash marks from in the wheel well. Adding fluid I need to pull the front grill. But that's not really that hard, 6 screws maybe. And it's not like it needs to be done very often either..

Run an intercooler arranged like I have, all on the driver's side. Cooling definitely doesn't seem to be a problem. Remember that it's not a laminar flow, air will dam up against it and pass down behind the bumper.

Run an intercooler arranged like I have, all on the driver's side. Cooling definitely doesn't seem to be a problem. Remember that it's not a laminar flow, air will dam up against it and pass down behind the bumper.

In not sure how I'd mount it on the drivers side with twins. Do you have any pictures?

What intercooler do you have? Also meant to ask about your comment on cutting the bumper, you could just buy a LMC primer PSD bumper and paint or powder coat it.

I got a Treadstone TRTT9 intercooler. I found a good Black Friday sale and Greg and I each got one. Greg is upgrading to the new one also.
I have a smooth front bump with no trim and the chin spoiler is grafted in so you don't see the seem between the bumper and the chin spoiler.
I just don't like the look of the cutouts on the front bumper. Just my preference...
I'll get pictures of the IC tonight...

I got a Treadstone TRTT9 intercooler. I found a good Black Friday sale and Greg and I each got one. Greg is upgrading to the new one also.
I have a smooth front bump with no trim and the chin spoiler is grafted in so you don't see the seem between the bumper and the chin spoiler.
I just don't like the look of the cutouts on the front bumper. Just my preference...
I'll get pictures of the IC tonight...

Ahhhh gotcha, was just looking at pictures. What side (left, right, center) is the throttle body going to be on? Have you already chosen an intake?

Ahhhh gotcha, was just looking at pictures. What side (left, right, center) is the throttle body going to be on? Have you already chosen an intake?

TB will be on the drivers side. I'm going with the Box R Intake. Drivers side will be tight with turbo, intake and master cylinder.

TB will be on the drivers side. I'm going with the Box R Intake. Drivers side will be tight with turbo, intake and master cylinder.

Yeah that's what I was thinking because you have an inlet and outlet on the same side. A center outlet would be cool going in to a High Ram :) I like spending your money!

Oh yeah if you already have an intercooler, I got nothing. Mine is custom.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Back