Another Twin Turbo Gen1

Thats the intake setup I've been eyeing. Curious your opinion of it when you install it.

It's been a while since I've updated this. Everything is done and wrapped up. The intake clears the fire wall by about 2". No BFH needed to make it fit.
But.... since I went with that intake, I had to go with the dual sync distributor from holley. The Pimp and the dual sync don't like each other. The dam motor won't start. I've spent hours with Raymond and Jeff, texting and phone, and we can't figure it out. I started a thread on the Pimp forum and haven't gotten much further either.

There's still a couple more things we're going to try, but I'm running out of time. I'm moving to South Carolina in a little over a week. So unfortunately this might be on hold until I get moved in.

you have a couple of the most informed guys helping you, so I have hope. I'm surprised the stinger forum hasn't been much help. Seems they are very active and informative on their.

Any finished photos of the combo assembled?

I also wonder the overall height of that intake. I have seen some A/W intercoolers that sandwich between the upper and lower of that Holley intake. Would be sweet and easily packaged with twin turbos. Plus could run ice water at track.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

A couple pictures
0c982d6f80e82dd908d42b5d6aadbe90.jpg
edb01113a4dc2a4ea5a994ade0d55e7e.jpg

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

You can see how much room is behind the intake. I'm not sure there's enough to fit the A/W intercooler under the intake though.
7ddffb8f93db312a41868d354f18afde.jpg

The Fire Core sleeves are temporary for now. I'll get black once once this dam thing starts

Its been awhile since i updated this thread.
This project is going backwards. The motor has to come out and needs new rings. The rings got washed out in the process of figuring out the settings with the Pimp and a dual sync dist. I ended up taking the truck to Jeff Sparkmans house. It took a couple weeks for Jeff to figure out the correct settings. But unfortunaly the damage was already done. No compression in all 8 holes.
So the motor will be pulled out, torn down and at the least, re honed and new rings. And anything else thats Fd will be fixed or replaced. After the motor is fixed, itll be going run on an engine dyno to seat the rings. I should have had that done before it was put in the truck.
Oh well, shit happens....

Its been awhile since i updated this thread.
This project is going backwards. The motor has to come out and needs new rings. The rings got washed out in the process of figuring out the settings with the Pimp and a dual sync dist. I ended up taking the truck to Jeff Sparkmans house. It took a couple weeks for Jeff to figure out the correct settings. But unfortunaly the damage was already done. No compression in all 8 holes.
So the motor will be pulled out, torn down and at the least, re honed and new rings. And anything else thats Fd will be fixed or replaced. After the motor is fixed, itll be going run on an engine dyno to seat the rings. I should have had that done before it was put in the truck.
Oh well, shit happens....
That sucks, truly sorry to see you have to do all that. Have you decided if you're keeping the PiMP or going to another EFI?

That sucks, truly sorry to see you have to do all that. Have you decided if you're keeping the PiMP or going to another EFI?
Im not sure yet. I need to see how much damage there is to the motor first. Im hoping it just needs a quick hone, rings and bearings ....

Don't know why it would even need bearings. Clean up hone, new rings, run it in. But I'm sure the builder will check on all of that.

For the record, the motor saw a lot of cranking before we gave it a shot. There are NO clear instructions that we found on how to properly setup the Holley Dual Sync with the MS3. I had to dig around in how both systems work before I was finally able to get the setup to stay synced and show correct spark and timing.

I was so convinced that I had it right, Brett drove back up because I wanted him to be present when it fired. When it didn't start, I went through everything again and then finally checked the compression and did a leakdown test. It was bad news.

Don't know why it would even need bearings. Clean up hone, new rings, run it in. But I'm sure the builder will check on all of that.

For the record, the motor saw a lot of cranking before we gave it a shot. There are NO clear instructions that we found on how to properly setup the Holley Dual Sync with the MS3. I had to dig around in how both systems work before I was finally able to get the setup to stay synced and show correct spark and timing.

I was so convinced that I had it right, Brett drove back up because I wanted him to be present when it fired. When it didn't start, I went through everything again and then finally checked the compression and did a leakdown test. It was bad news.
The only reason im thinking possible bearing is because of the fuel in the oil breaking down the oil. Thats my only concern. But i agree, id think a hone, rings and fire it.

There was a LOT of cranking before i got it to you. The damage was definately done before it got to you. Whithout a doubt, you were the one who figured out the setting for the dual sync! The settings that i was being told to use on other forums didnt work.

i had all sorts of issues when i was running my megasquirt with a struckby harness. took all that trash out and put a holley on it i havent had a single issues with the holley other then my iac wiring being backwards. but sorry to hear that about the motor hopefully you can get it fixed easy!

i had all sorts of issues when i was running my megasquirt with a struckby harness. took all that trash out and put a holley on it i havent had a single issues with the holley other then my iac wiring being backwards. but sorry to hear that about the motor hopefully you can get it fixed easy!
Im pretty confident in Jeff's work.... but... if this thing doesnt fire after the rebuild, ill be buying a Holley and a Q4.

Back