Another Twin Turbo Gen1

lightn95

I've had my white gen1 since '97. It's got the regular bolt ons. An S trim, Vict Jr alum heads, off the self cam, fuel system, etc etc. It make 500 even at the wheels. It's been fun, but it's time to change it up a bit.

Watching Greg drive to the track, race and drive home, I decided that's the route I want to go. So I sold some things and
I've got a ZSR 427" long block being built for boost. The plan is a set of VS Racing 6973s. The 427 won't be here until April so in the mean time, I'm getting some things ready.
I switched over to the PimpX. Greg and Joe helped me out alot getting it figured out on the stock motor. It runs and drives but it's not perfect.

27daf889a4ef4716743ec13fc0ff373c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The next thing is I'm going to run the Volvo electric power steering pump. In order to clear up some room in the engine compartment and maybe be able to add something else later down the road. I got a smoking deal on eBay for one that looks brand new, with bracket and wire harness.
I got it mocked up in the DS front bumper.
ae38784359ab4cd737ef7d050b48c8f1.jpg

Also need to relocate the battery. I saw Brian used an Odysee battery and didn't have any problems with it.
I order one and bolted it to the outer frame rail under the bed.
It's pretty small
b0e81617952f9864a550821085e1b85e.jpg

1953 Cadillac I sold. I did an 5.3 LS Swap to it. It ran great and was a fun winter project last yr.
4ed1bdf77a7a6806bb36d61f13e73227.jpg
be075153b3bd72f7cead28da64d33e69.jpg

Once the new motor is in & running you’ll have a 500hp motor, supercharger, tune to sell for someone else to have fun with also.

Once the new motor is in & running you’ll have a 500hp motor, supercharger, tune to sell for someone else to have fun with also.

I have thought about that too the motor only has around 77k on it..... but I really want a 55/56 F100... that combo in one of them would be a blast too... but we'll see...

Greg's truck is in my garage on the lift getting some updates and some maintenance. He offered to pull his twin setup so I could use it as a reference and use his truck for mock up. While his kit is off, he's going to re-wrap it with new header tape.
So I ordered a set of Pony Down foward headers and a bunch of mandrel bent tubes. I figured the easiest way to make the turbo headers and down pipes is to make a jig from his setup.
dfb103a4ce1f8a0568272407bbf46640.jpg
565114826b03a5fd21ab020169c69e90.jpg
da1f37df5f15fc40376b616708185f5c.jpg
1b8d8ec6a9af0a0ff0b4f540f194fe5b.jpg

NIce. I like the Cadillac project too

Thanks! The caddy was fun. It was your typical barn find. It popped up on line, real close to me only as a picture of the front end. I went to look at it and it was buried in garage. Didn't know what I was looking at, but it was 95% complete with virtually no rust. So I bought it. Got it home to find out it was a fully loaded 46k orig mile car. Factory PS, AC (1953!), PW, power heated front seats, auto dim headlights, 12v. But the motor was locked up.
Greg and I said F it, let's put an LS in it. That's what we did. I drove it for a month and a guy made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Definitely something to be said for the mild-mannered drivability for a turbo setup. That was the biggest factor for me in going that route. After seeing Jason Brown's truck run when it was still streetable, and how quiet and tame it was at that point in time, the change to turbo was all but inevitable.

Very cool! What bracketry are you going to run? I know you are going to elec PS, what are you doing for the rest?

I'll only have an alternator in the beginning. So I'll use either a March bracket or a SpeedDr bracket....im going to address the AC compressor once we have the truck together and running.

- - - Updated - - -

Good to see you're getting at it! Lookng forward.

Brian, did you have any issues with the Odysee battery?

I’m definitely interested to see how you do that with the AC. I’m planning to keep mine as well and want to see if there’s room with the twins in the engine compartment vs having to go under the truck with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's 2 issues we've found. Mounting the compressor, which I think we have an idea on how to do that. And the condenser. There's not enough room for a rad, i/c, and condenser...but, I'm not trying to cool down a lot of room in a standard cab. So I don't think it needs to be that big.
Once ibget the I/C mounted I'll start looking at condensers.

Back