95 F150 turbo build

Got the 77/83 on tonight, only on gate pressure right now (6psi) but feels good. The Borg sounded cooler, the vs is pretty quiet. Maybe I'll get some video tomorrow. 77mm f150.jpg

How's the quality of the vs 77/83, I was thinking of getting one

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Seems pretty good, I'm not a turbo expert by any means, the shaft going through the middle is pretty beefy looking, the machining on the compressor housing looks good as far as I can tell. I would have rather gone to an s475 but dont think I have enough room for it.

Hey Danny, could you post a pic of your piping to and from the intercooler. Did you cut holes in the rad support?

Hey Danny, could you post a pic of your piping to and from the intercooler. Did you cut holes in the rad support?

I'll get some pics tomorrow, but I had to make an opening in the rad support a little bigger, and had to cut some of the fender liner.

Thanks for the pics Dan. Also the videos got me inspired. Going to go work on the truck for a while. Who needs sleep anyway!

Very cool build. Definitely want to do this to my truck soon.

Did you bring your hotside up through the original oil filter hole in the cross member? Seems to be what most do.

Most kits do that. Best way is to buy the Canton piece that has the 2 oil feed/ return ports out the side. The front feed oil relocation kits won't work.

Very cool build. Definitely want to do this to my truck soon.

Did you bring your hotside up through the original oil filter hole in the cross member? Seems to be what most do.
Yup ran it through the oil filter hole
Most kits do that. Best way is to buy the Canton piece that has the 2 oil feed/ return ports out the side. The front feed oil relocation kits won't work.
Yup found this out the hard way.

Got the new converter and deep trans pan on tonight. Hoping the manual boost controller I ordered come in before Friday, if not guess I'll find out what it runs on 6psi with the new turbo.

Got the new converter and deep trans pan on tonight. Hoping the manual boost controller I ordered come in before Friday, if not guess I'll find out what it runs on 6psi with the new turbo.

Why didn't use the boost controller from DIYAuto tune with the megasquirt ? Just curious because I was planning on using it, unless you know something i don't about it. Awesome build btw.

Why didn't use the boost controller from DIYAuto tune with the megasquirt ? Just curious because I was planning on using it, unless you know something i don't about it. Awesome build btw.

I don't know anything about it, main reason for the manual boost controller is I'm cheap.

Took it to the track last night, of course it runs great all day, soon as I start to do a burnout it's back firing out the exhaust(should have been my first clue). Get to the end of the track and there is a smoke show out the tail pipe, blew a headgasket (I hope). Called a buddy that drives a tow truck, and I'm probably gonna let it sit at least a week before I even touch it.

I don't know anything about it, main reason for the manual boost controller is I'm cheap.

Took it to the track last night, of course it runs great all day, soon as I start to do a burnout it's back firing out the exhaust(should have been my first clue). Get to the end of the track and there is a smoke show out the tail pipe, blew a headgasket (I hope). Called a buddy that drives a tow truck, and I'm probably gonna let it sit at least a week before I even touch it.

That sucks about your truck.

Here's some info on the boost controller.

https://www.diyautotune.com/product/ebc-electronic-boost-control-solenoid-kit/

You might need this mod kit to run it depending on what MS version you have. I have the mspnp that can drive it with no mods.

https://www.diyautotune.com/product/megasquirt-boost-control-mod-kit/

Any news on the condition your condition is in? I'm rooting for you to only need some gaskets and a set of arp head studs. I know your pain. I hot lapped my mustang 4 times back to back at the local track street car shootout and bent 3 rods and took the top edge off a couple pistons. Got greedy with the boost controller on some maxed out injectors. Damn GTO with HCI and a 150 shot messed with my ego. He did not ride home in the tow truck though. ha ha.

Back