95 F150 turbo build

Haven't touched it yet. Had to rebuild a th400 for a friend's blazer, and clean up my garage so I can get the truck in. I'll probably pull it apart on Thanksgiving.

Holy crap! You pulled that apart in just 6 minutes! Jk, glad to hear it's only a Head gasket......oh my god I HATE autocorrect I'm about to boot this POS tablet out my front window!!!!!

Holy crap! You pulled that apart in just 6 minutes! Jk, glad to hear it's only a Head gasket......oh my god I HATE autocorrect I'm about to boot this POS tablet out my front window!!!!!

Actual time was 2 hours, most of which was spent looking for tools lol.

Great idea, Makes for quick filter change too.
Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry to keep bugging you but this brings up another question. Since not using the factory water oil heat exchanger which lower radiator hose to use?

ive got a similar engine minus the turbo, put the 61mm twin on and custom made a larger twin tube intake to the 76mm maf that i have and it made a nice difference on my n/a setup. that 5.0 stock hose was restricting it.

i had to drill out my tps to get the voltage right since the twin 61 is mounted in a way that the stock one was like at .1-.2v vs the .99ish that its suppose to be, i can manipulate it with the baumanator but it ran like *** until i changed that. i port matched the edelbrock upper to the 61 a tad too and ported the snot out of everything that i could, it made quite a bit of hp difference in my sti so i thought why not on the 351.

I've started putting this thing back together finally, I've decided to swap the intake to a trick flow R since I already had the upper and 75mm tb. Hope to have it running by next Sunday.

here it is sitting on the motor cause I wanted to see what'd it look like on there and to make sure it would clear the valve covers.

Here's where I'm at in reassembly.

Last edited:
Been a while since I've updated, and see photobucket has basically ruined my thread. Anyway to pick up where I left off, after I got the head gasket back together it wouldn't go into boost, and then an upper end knock started. I pulled the engine out and tore it apart and found a ring that the face had come off and would no longer hold tension. Luckily the piston and bore still looked good, so I put new rings, bearings, and a new camshaft while I was in there. I took it to the track shortly after and made 3 1/8 mile passes, I don't remember the times but went 89mph on 6 psi. I was pretty happy with that cause previously best was 92 on 9 psi. Being that my transmission had 250k on it, and couldn't get a decent 60' I decided to rebuild my spare transmission and get a circle d triple disc converter. Well my first pass down the track I decided to leave it in drive which I had never done before, and ended up burning up the direct clutch. So I put my original trans back in and come to find it slips in drive under full power too so maybe there's a problem with the transmission controller idk. I was signed up for drag week again, hadn't made a full pass in the truck yet. 2 days before leaving I pulled a spare transmission cause I figured if there was going to be a problem that was going to be it. The first 2 days of drag week didn't go as smooth as I would have liked. Day 1 I only wanted to make an 1/8 mile pass, however they didn't have a marker so I guessed and realized I let out early but went 7.44@91. Day 2 was the worst, I wanted to try and get a really good time, so I launched as hard as possible, not really sure if it was tire spin, trans slipping, or if it just goes through first that fast but it hit the hard rev limiter in 2 seconds, backfired out the exhaust and nosed over hard. I thought I had broken a u joint as the truck was still running, I ended up taking the default time for breaking the beams, which is 20.0@50. Day 3 went better, I decided for the rest of the week I'd take it easy in first, then floor it in 2nd, it went 12.02@118. I was ecstatic that was the fastest mph that truck ever had, even better the group I was with most were saying they lost 2mph at that track. Day 4 got even better, still granny launching went 11.86@122, a new personal best time and mph. Day 5 at this point I was pretty happy, made it through the week without breaking anything. My first pass I was trying to only run a low 12 high 11 to complete drag week then run a full out pass to see what it's really capable of. Well the truck had different plans, first pass leaving easy it went 11.43@122. Being I don't have a roll bar drag week won't let you turn in a slip faster than what you're teched for. I immediately got back in line as lanes were closing in 15 mins. Last pass to guarantee a completion I ran super easy lol ran a 13.9, don't remember the mph. I came in 2nd to last in my class(Out of people who finished)lol,but was happy I finished, got some new bests and didn't break anything on a mostly untested truck.IMG_20170915_172527_242.jpg

Forgot to add my dad was tired of looking at my hood with the clear coat peeling off, so he repainted it, the cowl and upper part of the fenders for me.FB_IMG_1504225077046.jpgIMG_20170831_193225.jpg

Small update, I've installed a flex fuel sensor, and put in a a little over a 1/4 tank of e85 getting it to e35. So far its running pretty good, and the exhaust smells better. Need to upgrade the fuel pump and injectors over winter to really take advantage of it, I'm at 75%idc on gas @14.5psi so I need it anyway, at least thats what my data logs say.

Back