Holley Terminator X

Any updates, how's the progress going?

Holley and Quick 4 installed and working.... Having to work thru some issues to get the tuning process going... My truck has a lot of custom work from 15 years ago and that is being sorted out as we go... But Saul's Performance has done a great job of making the whole install look OEM and is going to do the tuning also.. I will put together a full story with pictures once it is done.. Hopefully in the next couple weeks. I am glad I turned this project over because I wouldn't have had the patience to do it properly.

Thought I would share this if anyone hasn't done this already, Brass fitting was purchased from Summit Racing then had a machine shop shorten the length so it had clearance behind the oil cooler, so the stock instrumentation can be used along with the Holley 3.5'' screen.

Attachments

• 055.jpg
    055.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 30
First pull on the new Holley Terminator X setup... Still need a lot of tuning for drivability but I'm happy with the progress...

Sweet! Sounds really good. You say it needs a lot of tuning, is it very bad tempered, or just not quite to OEM levels? Just want to know what I have to look forward to on mine (eventually).

Sweet! Sounds really good. You say it needs a lot of tuning, is it very bad tempered, or just not quite to OEM levels? Just want to know what I have to look forward to on mine (eventually).

Mainly idle strategy and the IAC function... It also has a little off idle stumble... BUT.. The truck hasn't had any road time yet so that will help sort out a lot of it.

Attachments

• IMG_3805.jpg
    IMG_3805.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3803.jpg
    IMG_3803.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3802.jpg
    IMG_3802.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Mainly idle strategy and the IAC function... It also has a little off idle stumble... BUT.. The truck hasn't had any road time yet so that will help sort out a lot of it.

Those things (idle, accel fuel), and cold start, take the longest to get just right.

Clean looking truck, sounds like your getting it worked out.

Thanks Scott! Still got a lot to do to get the truck back in top shape... It's a 90k mile truck so it's worth getting all the mechanical side redone and up-to-date... Fuel system is next after we get the tuning all worked out...

How's the Lightning coming along?

Got the truck back and the install looks truly custom and the tune has great street manners. Cold and hot starts are not a problem and David owner of Sauls Performance got the transmission tuning spot on with the Quick 4. He mounted both the Holley and the Quick 4 under my center console (which is on elevated brackets) so you can see the lights on the Holley and the display of the Quick 4. Main harness is routed through the firewall directly behind the engine/intake so the wiring looks super clean! Factory gauges work perfectly and the 4.5" display is mounted right next to the fog light switch on an angled bracket so is very easy to see while driving... Haven't had a lot of time to mess with it since I got it back but I believe the Holley/Quick 4 was definitely the right choice for my setup. I have a lot of work to do preparing my Mustang for TX2K22 in March so this project will be a little slow till then... But plan to pull the motor and do some work on it this up coming summer and maximize the effort by further tuning the Holley!

Glad to hear everything turned out so well. Do you have any pics of the finished instal, screen mount, etc? Looking for ideas for my install (whenever that happens), my truck has been at the shop for 5 months now with little progress.

Glad to hear everything turned out so well. Do you have any pics of the finished instal, screen mount, etc? Looking for ideas for my install (whenever that happens), my truck has been at the shop for 5 months now with little progress.

Will post some good pics this weekend...

Sounds like they did a bang up job, yes pictures' would be nice.
Does Sauls Performance do online tuning?

Some pics of the install... The custom brackets under the center console where already in the truck when I bought it and made mounting the Holley and Quick 4 controllers much easier. I can look down between the driver's seat and the console and see the Quick 4 display and the Holley lights if anything funky happens. Sauls Performance separated the Holley loom out and extended it where needed to make sure everything looked as OEM as possible. It's tough to see but the main engine/injector harness comes through the firewall behind the engine so that really cleaned up the install. He also installed and wiring in the new ignition system and made sure all my stock gauges worked along with the new sensors.

Look up Sauls Performance on Facebook and message him for details on all of his services. You won't be disappointed!!

Hope the pictures give you some ideas on how an install can look....

FYI... I took Sauls Performance only 5 weeks to do the Holley/Quick 4 install, fix the fuel system issues, replace the starter which failed because it only had one bolt loosely holding it on, redo my rear brakes which had basically fallen apart, and tune the entire new setup!!

Thanks for posting all the pics! Your install looks great, sounds like they did a good job and took care of you. IF you don't mind giving me a ballpark, how many labor hours did they charge and what was their rate?

Five weeks seems like a very fair turnaround. When I dropped my truck off back in July I expected +/- 2 months. I had my accident a few weeks after that and was incapacitated for the past few months (planning to go back to work Jan 3rd0, and with it being winter I don't really mind it sitting there for "free" since I know its indoors. Now come spring and it's not done, then I'm gonna get fired up!

Back