Heading in right direction?

So what's that process?

To be honest I’m no expert on it but I did some research online and watched some videos and that it was a real neat deal and decided to try it, this is what google says about Hydro dipping.Water transfer printing, also known as immersion printing, water transfer imaging, hydro dipping, watermarbling, cubic printing, Hydrographics, or HydroGraphics, is a method of applying printed designs to three-dimensional surfaces. The resulting combinations may be considered decorative art or applied art. Wikipedia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you watch videos on it it’s pretty wild, they have the film in a water tank, they quickly dip the piece in it and pull it out in seconds and adhere the film to the material. I was gonna powder coat my cai but there’s so many more options of film to choose from for hydro dipping.

It is cool, I wonder what the durability is vs powder coating or simply painting. You'll have to report back how it looks every so often :)

Thanks guys and that was my biggest question with the whole process as well, the shop owner told me the film he wrapped it in is good to 1200 degrees, I’m sure it gets no where near that temp, he also told me he’s wrapped many intake tubes that still looks new 4 years later, but mentioned that he felt the only way to make it nearly indestructible would be to have it jet hot coated. I will deff update the condition often.

IMG_0579.jpg
Got one of my Christmas gifts put on this week, love the jc customs pieces, very nice quality.

I want to get the black latches and door handles for mine.

I liked the black a lot too but I went with the polished, I went with blue for the door handles cause I wanted them to stick out, the blue is actually a dark blue, but I like them, I will post pics later.

View attachment 39763
Got one of my Christmas gifts put on this week, love the jc customs pieces, very nice quality.

Those are on my list as well. How did the wing windows close better or same? When I broke a plastic handle on my F250 I switched to the metal ones from the part store I love them they don’t look as classy as these ones do though.

Those are on my list as well. How did the wing windows close better or same? When I broke a plastic handle on my F250 I switched to the metal ones from the part store I love them they don’t look as classy as these ones do though.

I feel like they open/close a lot better. Instead of it being a sliding pin to hold them on these are threaded and he supplies inserts you thread them in and it just feels so much tighter, very impressed with the design.

e0ad8723035ec7635f1976c7e197637d.jpg

Thanks guys, and yes I’m very impressed with his quality and attention to detail.

Would you guys recommend the pimpxshift to someone who’s done only little tuning here and there. I’m trying to learn all the ins and outs on a tweecer right now, but I’m really considering upgrading, just don’t want to get into anything over my head.

The PiMPXShift is real nice but there is a learning curve (like with any aftermarket setup)

There are a bunch of guys with them to lean on for help among with a forum on the stinger website that is a huge help.

Once you get it going you’ll never regret doing it.

Back