Heading in right direction?

I was curious on what y’all thought about switching from batch fire to sequential injection. Is it worth it? I’m about to do my injectors and I was considering switching while I’m there, all it takes is to change a couple pins on the pxs and rewire the injector harness right?

I was curious on what y’all thought about switching from batch fire to sequential injection. Is it worth it? I’m about to do my injectors and I was considering switching while I’m there, all it takes is to change a couple pins on the pxs and rewire the injector harness right?
When I first got my truck running I was running batch fire (inadvertently). When I fixed my issue it then ran sequential and I can definitely tell a difference in idle quality. If you're tying to squeeze every last bit of MPG and emissions out then sequential is best. WOT there's arguably no difference.

When I first got my truck running I was running batch fire (inadvertently). When I fixed my issue it then ran sequential and I can definitely tell a difference in idle quality. If you're tying to squeeze every last bit of MPG and emissions out then sequential is best. WOT there's arguably no difference.

Ok thank you sir. So if I wanted to make the change besides the pin out on the computer I would have to rewire my injector harness right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The basis in the pin-out on the ECU. I originally used a Mustang injector harness (the half that only does the injectors) to handle the sequential part, but since the PxS uses none of the smog stuff, I repurposed those leads, and added a few more, to the square engine harness and ran all the injector leads through that.

I’ve got a cam question, been kicking around since I went to the pxs stepping the cam. My truck is pretty mild with bolt ons ,long tubes ,cold air ,1.7 rockers, throttle body, navigator converter, and I want to keep the factory intake, and cold a/c. I want to drive it 7 days a week in central Florida. The cam I have now is just around a .488 lift, I do have a .531 intake .560 exhaust hydraulic tappet cam laying around, do you guys think that would be too much for it?

I’ve got a cam question, been kicking around since I went to the pxs stepping the cam. My truck is pretty mild with bolt ons ,long tubes ,cold air ,1.7 rockers, throttle body, navigator converter, and I want to keep the factory intake, and cold a/c. I want to drive it 7 days a week in central Florida. The cam I have now is just around a .488 lift, I do have a .531 intake .560 exhaust hydraulic tappet cam laying around, do you guys think that would be too much for it?

If you got pimpxshift then you probably can't find a cam "too big" that won't work. Lift is just one part.. the duration and lobe separation has more to do with driveability. Only thing I would be worried about is 1: matching up cam to current mods and 2: making sure cam pulls enough vacuum for your brakes to function well.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I have a TFS stage 2 in mine. Don’t think it would be good under 2800-3000 converter. Other than that, idles nice and choppy, vacuum is good 12” at 850 idle.

If you got pimpxshift then you probably can't find a cam "too big" that won't work. Lift is just one part.. the duration and lobe separation has more to do with driveability. Only thing I would be worried about is 1: matching up cam to current mods and 2: making sure cam pulls enough vacuum for your brakes to function well.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Ok I appreciate the help, I didn’t pull the cam card on the spare I got yet, will the vacuum be on the cam card or is that something I will have to maybe call and talk to comp you think?

I have a TFS stage 2 in mine. Don’t think it would be good under 2800-3000 converter. Other than that, idles nice and choppy, vacuum is good 12” at 850 idle.

I got a buddy with that cam in a fox body I love the way that cam sounds, I don’t know if I have the converter to back that cam up or not mine is pry realistically like 2400 stall maybe, I have a good dozen cams laying around I just need to do some research on all the cam cards I think. I want a choppy idle fun truck at the strip but still a 7 day a week cruiser so I know that can be a fine line lol.

I got a buddy with that cam in a fox body I love the way that cam sounds, I don’t know if I have the converter to back that cam up or not mine is pry realistically like 2400 stall maybe, I have a good dozen cams laying around I just need to do some research on all the cam cards I think. I want a choppy idle fun truck at the strip but still a 7 day a week cruiser so I know that can be a fine line lol.

I gottya man. I had a comp 268 magnum in another 351 in a sleeper 91 f150 that I loved. Had a 2200 converter with 410’s like the Lightning with an AOD. Sounded great and pulled to 5900 rpm with a edelbrock RPM
air gap intake and RPM heads.
6b29abebda7130f314ccdb5327b994f6.jpg

820915d8aabe253933a61313fba84b45.jpg

I gottya man. I had a comp 268 magnum in another 351 in a sleeper 91 f150 that I loved. Had a 2200 converter with 410’s like the Lightning with an AOD. Sounded great and pulled to 5900 rpm with a edelbrock RPM
air gap intake and RPM heads.
6b29abebda7130f314ccdb5327b994f6.jpg

820915d8aabe253933a61313fba84b45.jpg

I like that truck, and that cam might be an option, I appreciate the advice.

I went stage 1 and matching valve springs in 2013. ran it that way for quite a while. Sounds nice. performs fairly well. I still run it but im sure its not a good option for me now.

F4TE will be the # above your starter which will designate if it’s a roller block.

Ok I will check that, I had the intake off a few years ago and I think the block has the provisions for the spider tray but it didn’t have the tray or anything and it was flat tappet, I wouldn’t be against doing a roller conversion with the retro fit lifters if I have too.

I went stage 1 and matching valve springs in 2013. ran it that way for quite a while. Sounds nice. performs fairly well. I still run it but im sure its not a good option for me now.

I checked out that stage 1 it seems popular I like it, it seems to work well with lightly modded small blocks, I also have a comp .513 hydraulic roller cam very similar to like an f-cam that I think might be more up my alley than the larger .531 lift I have, also because I don’t think I have enough converter to back up the larger cam.

I checked out that stage 1 it seems popular I like it, it seems to work well with lightly modded small blocks, I also have a comp .513 hydraulic roller cam very similar to like an f-cam that I think might be more up my alley than the larger .531 lift I have, also because I don’t think I have enough converter to back up the larger cam.

IMO, the f cam or similar will need a decent converter to get you ramped in to the power band faster not due to the lift but the duration.

Back