Heading in right direction?

Yep me too! I bought the gauge to go with it. Works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What sold me was the calibration process, plus I feel like it reacts much faster than my old Innovate

I would agree with both of those statements. Absolutely hated the innovate calibration and how often you have to do it!

What is really cool is how you can change the settings in the megasquirt to get it dead on accurate using there calculator.

Haven’t updated this in a while, been working on other projects, recently picked up a 72 comet I’ve been working on, but did make time to get my pimpxshift installed, and me and a buddy have been playing with it, now he wants to take it and put it on the dyno for fun. IMG_0705.jpg

So I had my lightning at a friends shop and we been playing with the pimpxshift and he put it on his dyno, the truck seems to be running out of fuel above 4k, the truck does have a couple bolt ons and the fuel system is completely stock, I do plan to put a blower or nitrous to the truck down the road so was hoping anyone could give me recommendations on upgrading the fuel system like what size injectors to upgrade too and what to do for a fuel pump or pumps.

Really just a matter of what your end goals are.. I run id1700x injectors on mine as I know I want to make 1200 wheel on e85 later down the road.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Really just a matter of what your end goals are.. I run id1700x injectors on mine as I know I want to make 1200 wheel on e85 later down the road.

Yeah I’ve been keeping up with your build thread it’s awesome what you have done with your old combo and the new combo your building, I’m not looking for anything that serious I already got a lot going on with my small tire car I don’t want to build another 4 digit horsepower car lol I want to be able to drive my truck 7 days a week I want to have enough fuel system to sustain maybe a power adder, I don’t really have a particular power number I’m looking for but I don’t want it to be a slouch either just trying to build a fun street/strip truck.

Well if staying gas then just throw some cheap Siemens 60lb injectors in. That will make around 700hp or so with enough fuel supply.

Well if staying gas then just throw some cheap Siemens 60lb injectors in. That will make around 700hp or so with enough fuel supply.

Yeah that’s all the power I would even look to try and make I mean I plan on leaving the gt 40 intake on the truck anyhow and I know it can be a little restrictive on power but I like it, what about fuel pumps or the rest of the system? Stock lines and rails should be fine right?

If going over 500 whp I would look into new fuel system all together. If just going to run a blower with some bolt ons I think the stock lines should be fine. Lots of people went very fast back in the day using the 3 pump trick.

If going over 500 whp I would look into new fuel system all together. If just going to run a blower with some bolt ons I think the stock lines should be fine. Lots of people went very fast back in the day using the 3 pump trick.

Ok I will do some research on the 3 pump trick, sounds like that and some 60 pound injectors would be perfect for what I want, thanks for all the advice.

Ok I will do some research on the 3 pump trick, sounds like that and some 60 pound injectors would be perfect for what I want, thanks for all the advice.

Absolutely. The 3 pump trick was basically just turning on both in tank pumps and a 3rd inline pump with a Hobbs switch when under boost.

I have some injectors if you need them.

I was also researching threads on here about maybe going the route of a surge tank, seems like a nice setup that I could keep both stock tanks and pumps and seems kinda similar to the 3 pump truck but I like that the surge tank keeps the pump submerged.

I was also researching threads on here about maybe going the route of a surge tank, seems like a nice setup that I could keep both stock tanks and pumps and seems kinda similar to the 3 pump truck but I like that the surge tank keeps the pump submerged.

I have thought about doing a surge tank, would keep me from having to sump my new tank. It's already going to hang low being a 35 gal bronco tank.

I plan to use a surge tank with an otherwise stock fuel system and 60 lb injectors on the white truck, but I don't have any real power aspirations with it. If I ever put the red truck motor in it, maybe 600 fwhp.

@BONESTOCK 's truck was maxing out the stock injectors the last time we tuned it. It's a pretty mild combo overall. There simply isn't much head room on the big motor with the 19s.

Last edited:
Yeah I plan to keep my setup as simple as possible I don’t see me trying to make any big power, I kept a small cam in my truck and kept everything pretty basic I live in Florida I want my a/c lol. Pry stay stock bottom end as well, I may just throw some 42lb injectors in it, a lot of old threads on here guys are making pretty decent power with them as well.

Back