Its time to go Turbo!

Glad to hear you are getting it all lined out! It's fun to dig into it sometimes. Looking good!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Update. Truck is running great. Very happy with the current tune. Glad you guys said go closed loop idle. Took some playing but got it going well. Put some miles on it this weekend. Randomly ran up next to a fellow gen 1 (black one) on a road only 1 town away which was cool. It was like a mid 90s reunion. Truck is filthy from the pollen and several hundred miles of driving but there is just something about these things.

K7NxUNal.jpg

haha! Damn! I never see another Lightning out there. Didn't realize there where so many, so close by. Especially another TKO swap one! Glad you got it sorted! I'll be picking your brain once I get the PiMPxs system!

Well a garage goal of mine came thru yesterday. When I did my addition 2 years ago I did everything I could with the design to accommodate a lift and I finally made it happen. It's a bit tight and trucks may not get full height (lightning should) but for cars which is mostly what I work on I couldn't be happier with how this turned out. It's a second hand refurbished rotary 10k asymmetric 2 post. With my superduty in the bay my car still fits on the lift, much bigger I'll have to back the truck out. Which is fine with me. Tailgate makes a nice work bench. Could use a little more reason to actually buy beams. Another couple inch drop and the lightning will fit under my car comfortable.

q5XFOcml.jpg

I9btN0fl.jpg

uH5nmZFl.jpg

PEAxWoAl.jpg

RiO4ZBAl.jpg

OBBZm42l.jpg

Awesome! I definitely miss having a lift. I may eventually bump out a wall on my garage so I can have one.

Congrats!

Very nice. I've been talking to benpak through email making my plans.
Awesome setup. Congrats.

To get some headroom flip the lift pads up. Raise car up set it on jack stands. Flip up the tall pads and then lift it up you will get several inches higher.

To get some headroom flip the lift pads up. Raise car up set it on jack stands. Flip up the tall pads and then lift it up you will get several inches higher.

thanks for the advice. the lift goes plenty high. I can walk under bottom of the arms when its all the way up. Its that pesky ceiling that may get in the way on some bigger cars.

Love the lift! Why did you choose a 2-post over a ramp style? I have 12' ceilings in my garage, I'd really like to get a lift eventually.

Love the lift! Why did you choose a 2-post over a ramp style? I have 12' ceilings in my garage, I'd really like to get a lift eventually.

a couple reasons i guess. I park a vehicle in front of it so a ramp wouldn't allow that, I can drive thru the center of this 2 post still. a ramp lift is bigger and takes up more space which I'm a bit limited on. i also like how a 2 post leaves me plenty of room to do work under the whole car. I don't do a ton of chassis work that requires the suspension to be loaded and do a lot of turbo/exhaust stuff so the open bottom may be an advantage. I can also pull an engine out the bottom which some cars require. Really just preference for what i do and what i had room for. I highly recommend getting one if you have the space. I don't regret it at all.

nothing overly exciting, been just driving it and enjoying it. I did add a set of drop hangers to the back which flattened out the stance. I'd like the whole truck to come down a bit more especially in the front but i im getting happier with it. I've added a few things that have been long over due. added a 5 speed truck steering column cover. removed the mudflaps its always had on it.

8As2P3tl.jpg

KmdTzwXl.jpg

gHWGLkZl.jpg

8FwKFa5l.jpg

JOKZMuwl.jpg

Great picture with the sunset!

A little smaller front tire might give it enough rake for the look you want?

Great picture with the sunset!

A little smaller front tire might give it enough rake for the look you want?

I like the "flat" look more than a ton of rake. The rear measures the same to the wheel well. Id like it to have a very slight rake forward so it doesnt ever look like its leaning back. I would just like slightly less wheel well gap all around. 3/4-1" front 1/2 back would be ideal with this tire size in my opinion. If I do beams I'll probably put the stock springs back in.

I'm also pretty much sitting on the bump stops and the stock shocks dont have much travel left.

If you sell your springs, let me know. I need to go a little lower all the way around on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Racing stripes

Hey bro, I love the turbo work you’ve done for the gen 1, I got my self a white 94 gen 1 also I really like your racing stripes, you got on it where’d You get em or where they already there?

Back