Wanna Play

I know Joe and know how he is it takes time but he is good hang in there and it
will be right.
The turbo Viper truck that JMB Justin did was bad ***. I helped and did a lot of the body work and paint work on Joe's black Viper.

P1000695.jpg

We are on the road now. Still has a long way to go with suspension tuning and engine tuning. Suspension will get new springs tomorrow. As for the engine, I am waiting for the new inter-cooled intake to be completed, and I am also going to add a higher boost pulley. That should make it a decent target for your Lightnings.

Dale good to see everything coming along, what type of numbers so far have you put down.

Francis

Dale good to see everything coming along, what type of numbers so far have you put down.

Francis
My wimpy break in tune is only 440 to the wheels. We have a lot of room for improvement with the tune and the smaller pulley. You will have to stop by one day. I am on Larson Blvd.

Take Care,
Dale

The rear tire and rim combo looks killer Dale :eek:ldtu:. And those are pretty respectable numbers too :thumbup:..can't wait to see what she puts down when you get everything dialed in.

I know Joe and know how he is it takes time but he is good hang in there and it
will be right.
The turbo Viper truck that JMB Justin did was bad ***. I helped and did a lot of the body work and paint work on Joe's black Viper.

I spoke to Joe recently. He and I had some communication difficulties during my build, so I was not certain he was interested in still doing my tune. But after our conversation this week, I think he and I are back on track to see the beast at her best. All I am waiting on now is Sean Roe to fabricate the new intake before I get my final tunes.

Francis,
It was nice talking to you this week. I look forward to kicking it with you when you have time. Your truck is still an awesome looking ride when you cruise by.

Enjoy the Holidays,
Dale

Hey Dale good seeing you also, stop by any time I'll make it up the hill one day to check out your progresss on that beast of yours.

Francis

Well, a lot of things happened over the last year. The truck engine was not reliable and only lasted 700 miles before it failed. During that same time I was diagnosed with Cancer. Some good friends, JZB Engines, and Arrow Racing banded together and got my truck back up and running. I underwent treatment and now I am back up and running as well.

So with that being said, it is my intention to make it to the Bremerton Raceway in Washington State this summer. Like the start of the thread said, I am always up for a little good natured fun. I love fast cars no matter the brand. So if you are in the area and want to play, lets meet and enjoy some fun.

Enjoy the ride,
Dale

or if you feel adventurous try out Lightningfest its in late august in kansas city good to hear you beat your battle with cancer dude:eek:ldtu: thats the way to do it

.... Most of the time, when you are talking about the most H/P, you are talking about, the most $$$$.
.. if you are comparing the SRT to the Lightning, ... take that amount of money, that the SRT has in it. and take the same amount and put it in a L, Then were would they stand???
Jeff

.... Most of the time, when you are talking about the most H/P, you are talking about, the most $$$$.
.. if you are comparing the SRT to the Lightning, ... take that amount of money, that the SRT has in it. and take the same amount and put it in a L, Then were would they stand???
Jeff

Who cares? That's his personal preference and it's a sweet truck. :eek:ldtu:

I want track times/video!

Hey Dale let me know when you going to Bremerton would like to see you run your truck, it's great to see you doing better all around in your life. If I haven't said it before I will say it now...

Thank You Very Much for Serving and keeping us all safe and enabling us too live our lifes the way we choose.

Francis

Hey Dale let me know when you going to Bremerton would like to see you run your truck, it's great to see you doing better all around in your life. If I haven't said it before I will say it now...

Thank You Very Much for Serving and keeping us all safe and enabling us too live our lifes the way we choose.

Francis
Francis,
I am getting tuned this Friday. I know this weekend is test and tune, but I want some seat time before I get to the track with the new power. Maybe the next T&T.

Like you, I appreciate all of our men and women in uniform. I am however a civilian. I just fix the ships that our Navy folks ride. They and their families are true heroes.

Enjoy the Ride,
Dale

Last edited:
Jeff

You are right. A L can be made faster for less. That was not the point of my build. My build was for me. My truck is not the fastest, never will be. It is however unique, and I truly am pleased with it.

As for L's, I have nothing but love for all kinds of cool cars and trucks. That includes Lightnings. That is why I have tried to post on your board with nothing but respect. Through here I met Francis and his son. And they were both very nice folks. That IS the POINT.

Enjoy the Ride,
Dale

You are right. A L can be made faster for less. That was not the point of my build. My build was for me. My truck is not the fastest, never will be. It is however unique, and I truly am pleased with it.

As for L's, I have nothing but love for all kinds of cool cars and trucks. That includes Lightnings. That is why I have tried to post on your board with nothing but respect. Through here I met Francis and his son. And they were both very nice folks. That IS the POINT.

Enjoy the Ride,
Dale

Man this is a GREAT thread! Dale, I have the utmost respect for you.

First and foremost, for you winning the battle against cancer! Great to hear you'll be around to race another day!!! :eek:ldtu:

Secondly, for posting on a L forum. :gl: To be honest, I would be hesitant to post on a dodge forum or any non L forum for that matter, mainly because quite a few people nowadays have that "greater than thou" attitude unfortunately.:rolleyes: I am right there with ya as far as the love of cars and trucks. Anything fast, cool or unique is great in my book and the "all in fun" games are what makes this hobby great!

Third, because you dare to be different on your build and do it for YOU on not anyone else. Your rig and your money. You Build your ride how YOU want to and you don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. I admire that!

Family and friends is what it is ALL about. If not, we wouldn't have anyone to play with. :grin1: My best friend is actually building up a 2000 Chevy Silverado with a Z06 motor and I'm helping him anyway I can. I'm just dying to see how it turns out and runs! It's gonna be an all out battle Ford vs. Chevy style come the end of this year at the track when it's done and we'll go and drink some beers together afterward regardless of who wins.

Anyway, just wanted to chime in and let ya know what I thought. Awesome job and keep on truckin! :thumbup:

-Cort

Jeff

True, but isnt this true for gen1s vs. gen2 lightning? i mean hell i paid $2200 bucks for my truck and itd probably give a lightly modded gen2 a run for its money:eek:ldtu:

Enjoy the Ride,
Dale

Hey Dale good hearing from you, I'm glad your truck is on its way to better and faster time's down the track. I for one enjoy all types of vehicles and weather they are a Lightning or not doesn't really matter too me. Sure this is a Lightning board and people will have a bias toward what they own and that's how it should be. My only problem is with people who can't see past there own **** and think because they have an opinion they should let everyone know it. Dale you are one first class person and anyone who talks to you for five or so minutes will come to the same conclusion. See you on track sometime and maybe we can be lined and laugh about the race after all is done.

Francis

Hey Dale good hearing from you, I'm glad your truck is on its way to better and faster time's down the track. I for one enjoy all types of vehicles and weather they are a Lightning or not doesn't really matter too me. Sure this is a Lightning board and people will have a bias toward what they own and that's how it should be. My only problem is with people who can't see past there own **** and think because they have an opinion they should let everyone know it. Dale you are one first class person and anyone who talks to you for five or so minutes will come to the same conclusion. See you on track sometime and maybe we can be lined and laugh about the race after all is done.

Francis

Thank You. Since we are neighbors, we can come home after and have some BBQ and share a Beer while we laugh about the good times and fast cars.

Enjoy the Ride,
Dale

run9.jpg

Here is the dyno (uncorrected -dyno jet) run for the day to day tune. I am very pleased. I still have some work to do as we were loosing about 2 psi of boost to belt slip at the higher RPM.

But I am very pleased with the tune by ROE Racing, the engine by JZB, and the Dyno shop Turbo Technologies. It has been a very long process to get to this point. I am very grateful for all the friends that made it possible for me.

While I know I am a "Dodge" guy on a "Ford" site. I think it is great that you are passionate about your brand. It was my online friends that really made my dream come true. Last year in January, my first rebuilt engine did not ever make it to the tuning phase due to problems that I will not talk about. At the same time I got sick with cancer. I could not afford financially or emotionally to deal with the truck. A friend I met through an online forum came and took my truck from me. He rallied a group of friends and vendors together. They managed to collect enough money to pay for the parts and the vendors donated the machine work (Arrow Racing) and assembly (JZB). This all came together as I was finishing up my treatments. So the journey began in Nov 07 with the blown engine. Then in Dec of 08 I got the engine back only to blow again in Jan of 09. I got it back after the gifts of others in Dec of 09 and with lots of tinkering and finishing up we have it tuned in April of 10.

That is a journey of life through a truck. I have seen the grace of others, the struggle of life, and joys of learning to live again. Enjoy and embrace the friends you make. Some of your best friends may come form the most unlikely place like an online forum. In fact for me, a Great Man from Michigan flew all night to party with me for 1 day in Washington State at my cancer free party. He then had to fly home the next morning. That was the first time we had met in person. The rest of our correspondence was e-mail, PM, Forum, and phone.

So to you Ford guys, this is why I am here. I do love my truck as you love yours. I love the fun we have when we are proud of what we are doing. And I love the people I have met as a result. So my original offer of "Wanna Play?" is one of respect and joy for our passions. Who knows, we may even form a friendship beyond the trucks.

Live and Love,
Dale

Back