Thinking about changing up my combo

I’m not worried about the compression with nitrous, I don’t really want to use nitrous. That’s why I’m thinking about changing up my combo.

These guys are all talking about putting A blow through set up on there and that was what I was referring to.

I think k you have done about everything but turbo, big block or godzilla. I think godzilla with turbos. Be the first in the 9's with a godzilla motor?

I would think the cheapest route is to change the pistons to a different design to drop the compression ratio... All that should require is a rebalance of your rotating assembly.... Then you can add the blow-thru blower since you're not interested in running nitrous. A different cam design for the blower might tame it down a bit and help with valve-train reliability.

I am hearing you don't want nitrous and you don't want to spend alot of money, and you don't want to change heads, headers, and intake... So only other way to drop compression to make more boost friendly is to change out pistons. You can keep all your other parts. Shouldn't be a budget killer either. I would ask what do you really want to do and what is your actual budget?

that is clearly one nasty NA small block. Not gonna take that away at all. I would think depending on your goal, that selling that whole engine or parting most of it out (what you can't reuse). and then build a significantly more mild small block with mostly shelf parts that wouldn't break the bank. Good block, decent heads, intake, ect. and add boost. nothing wrong with staying carb. plenty of huge power vehicles blow thru carb. 1000+ hp isn't hard to achieve anymore. Look how far stock lightning shortblocks have gone. I would think that your engine would more than fund a basic stroker 351 and then the cost would be a good blow thru carb and boost.

that is clearly one nasty NA small block. Not gonna take that away at all. I would think depending on your goal, that selling that whole engine or parting most of it out (what you can't reuse). and then build a significantly more mild small block with mostly shelf parts that wouldn't break the bank. Good block, decent heads, intake, ect. and add boost. nothing wrong with staying carb. plenty of huge power vehicles blow thru carb. 1000+ hp isn't hard to achieve anymore. Look how far stock lightning shortblocks have gone. I would think that your engine would more than fund a basic stroker 351 and then the cost would be a good blow thru carb and boost.

I thought of that too.

I am hearing you don't want nitrous and you don't want to spend alot of money, and you don't want to change heads, headers, and intake... So only other way to drop compression to make more boost friendly is to change out pistons. You can keep all your other parts. Shouldn't be a budget killer either. I would ask what do you really want to do and what is your actual budget?

Derek, never said I don’t want to spend money. I don’t want to waste money.

What I am saying is I don’t want to spend the money to replace all these items

Heads
Intake
Carb
Pushrods
Lifters
Pistons
Custom headers
Etc
Etc

And then also need turbos, boost controller, rear gears, converter, etc, etc.

If I’m going to do all that I might as well just build a N/A BBF where most things still work.

that is clearly one nasty NA small block. Not gonna take that away at all. I would think depending on your goal, that selling that whole engine or parting most of it out (what you can't reuse)

I’d love to find someone that I could give a killer deal on my whole setup so I can go to the next level.

541b82cff5be2bfd238ba7d5d0c83b97.jpg

Yup, punisher built C6 with powdercoated case, 300M input shaft, trans brake with reverse manual valve body, 5800 stall converter converter & TCI trans shield.

That has to go also if you go to big block? Or you could put the internals into a big block C6 case? So tell us what your thinking about with the BBF.

598c.i.? How much power?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still say just change pistons. Already got a great foundation.

I talked to my engine builder about this a few months ago. He says that anything bigger than a 427 is not a good candidate for a power adder ( boost) because of the wrist pin placement on the pistons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Don't think boost will hurt it really. IMO, rpm kills things faster than boost does. I would keep the current block and everything.. change pistons, add boost and be way faster.

That has to go also if you go to big block? Or you could put the internals into a big block C6 case? So tell us what your thinking about with the BBF.

598c.i.? How much power?

Internals can be switched over to a different case.

I’d probably go 572 over 598 just because I’m not a fan of boring a block out to max on its first build.

Power... 1,000 hp is pretty easy with a big cubic inch motor.

Figured I would update this thread. I’ve decided that I’m going to sell my current combination and make make a change.

Back