Thinking about changing up my combo

Jamie V

As a bunch of you guys know after almost an 8 year separation me and my red 94 are back together.

8ed7ad4a882a86b44798a9ab21a734fe.jpg

I’ve been really considering changing up my combo but I’m not sure what to do. Here is the current combo.

438” small block
Dart block
Eagle crank
Oliver rods
Diamond pistons
Titan billet oil pump
ATI Balancer
Yates heads
Jesel shaft rockers
Solid roller lifters
Bullet cam
Wilson intake
Pro System dominator
Custom Kooks headers
Punisher C6 with trans brake
Art Carr converter
Etc
Etc
Etc

I’ve been really considering going to a big cubic inch big block but I’m not sure if that’s the right move or if I’d even have a buyer for my current setup.

This motor makes between 800-900hp and spins to about 8,000rpms. Truck has an AJE front end and custom ladder bar setup and with this power plant has been 9.88@135 with a 1.32 60’.

Here are some pictures from when I put it together.

cff3814e7b38263366ecffb40150c642.jpg

af6721a1390de0dd86a0af8c49539ffc.jpeg

a3718ac81e58c50c4014ce42d4a2a9c3.jpeg

I think a big inch big block would be very cool. It will be the easiest combo to maintain and make work imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just thinking that a very well mannered big cubic inch big block could make 12-1300 HP and be much easier on parts. I mean the high winding small block is cool and everything.

I'm also thinking you want to keep it simple with no power adder.

Large cubes,small or big block,with boost,from a turbo,will be the most mild mannered and easiest to maintain. NA power requires RPM and the high maintenance valve train needed for it.

You have the cubes, the block, most of the good stuff already. Get a set of gv2 or big Highport heads and a turbo and it will fly. I’ve tossed around building a big cube BB but the power I’m making and what I will in the near future so easily keeps that BB as a dream.

You have the cubes, the block, most of the good stuff already. Get a set of gv2 or big Highport heads and a turbo and it will fly. I’ve tossed around building a big cube BB but the power I’m making and what I will in the near future so easily keeps that BB as a dream.

I’d need heads, intake, lifters, pushrods, rockers, valve covers, throttle body, injectors, fuel rails, fuel pump, regulator, fuel lines, turbo headers, turbo/s, intercooler, EFI, pistons, etc, etc

basically the only thing that I would be reusing would be the block, crank and rods.

I was thinking big block with a carb because the fuel system wouldn’t change and if I need most engine parts anyway what’s the difference.

I have considered sending the manifold off to induction solutions and having it set up with a fogger. The intake already has the fogger bosses welded to it.
f0c2290db8eb7e60888e0c5dbc831509.jpeg

Turbo with CSU blow through carb on e85. No need for efi or intercooler. Nitrous would be super simple though.

Filling bottles gets old tho

Costs time and money to fill them also

Blow thru turbo

Once you slap a turbo or turbos on you will forget about all the other stuff

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Still need new pistons, heads, intake, lifters, pushrods, turbo headers/piping, boost controller, etc

What is compression ratio? Also I think it would be a great candidate for a direct drive procharger. Super simple.

I don’t think guys realize it’s a 14-15:1 motor. Pistons and cam have to go for any forced induction and even nitrous it makes the tuning window smaller.

Now as far as what id do, if the sbf will sell for good money I’d throw a stout A460 headed bbf together set up NA but able to accept nitrous as well. If not I guess I’d fix what you have and try to ring some more HP out of it.

If money was no object I’d do a twin turbo bbf with EFI but that’s never the case lol.

Also the question is how fast do you want to go? If mid 9s then you can probably get there with what you have. If low 9s that would be a nice bbf or some nitrous on the current sbf. Then if 8s are your goal it would be a mild bbf on spray, a killer BBF na which would be similar to what you have now maintenance wise, or a mild turbo bbf

Jamie, what are some of your requirements?

EFI?
ET?
Power adder?
Budget?

I *think* you want simplicity and that’s why I thought a healthy BBF. Add nitrous to that and it’d be even more wicked.

How fast can the truck go with the current cage and safety equipment?

Maybe leave it alone and throw an efi system on it so you can tinker with it. Go e85 and you can drive on the street if you want.

Not in jersey

They can't even pump their own fuel lol

With that high of compression he gotta buy his fuel in drums anyway... May as well be a cheaper and better fuel lol. Can buy e98 and mix your own ratio much cheaper than the race fuel he has to run.

I've seen 15 to 1 turbo on alcohol

It Can be done

Sell the parts and do whatever you want

To sell the parts it won't be this forum or the gen 1 Facebook forum

Turbobullet forums will on Facebook
9.5 deck parts pages on Facebook

Only thing that really sux is you have those hi dollar kooks headers

Cam change. Compression change

Procharger would allow those to stay

Budget.... LOL

Drive it on the street with AJE, 14.5:1 compression, 10gal fuel cell, etc...... LOL

I want to make some more power. It’s easy to say BBF with EFI & turbos but that’s like $40,000. That’s not happening.

Budget.... LOL

Drive it on the street with AJE, 14.5:1 compression, 10gal fuel cell, etc...... LOL

I want to make some more power. It’s easy to say BBF with EFI & turbos but that’s like $40,000. That’s not happening.

Sounds like you need to leave it alone then and add a couple stages. 200 out the gate and another 300 after. Should be pretty fast.

Back