Things are starting to come together

Travis,

Ray, much stronger design. Your stress now is at the bolt hole, but that shouldn't be an issue at all with steel. Like Travis mentioned, there doesn't appear to be any kind of significant load across the plane of the bracket. There's no "lever" now from a stress standpoint.

Travis, from a cost, time, etc effort, two pieces, welded "top and bottom" on the red?

1681381000081.png

I'll see the size of the part is when he sends the file over and we'll discuss the options. Material cost will have the biggest impact on final process i think.

Here's the latest, I added a couple of fillets, not sure if it matters too much. Travis, let me trial fit it and I'll get the files over to ya.

blower bracket brace exhaust side.JPG

If it works good I’d love to see a new blower bracket with the added material incorporated to not need that plate bolted to the front.

If it works good I’d love to see a new blower bracket with the added material incorporated to not need that plate bolted to the front.
I think at a certain point these style brackets need at minimum 3/4" thickness. The auto tensioner is what allows this too as it doesn't put so much pre determined stress on everything. When I tightened my manual tensioners, I could watch my 1/2" bracket flex a ton.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

For sure, best thing Raymond could do would be to get an electric power steering pump so he can ditch the belt driven one and then go to a Renegade bracket for his Novi.

6c630653dea8ab3ccb2e8bfd7df364d9.jpg

For sure, best thing Raymond could do would be to get an electric power steering pump so he can ditch the belt driven one and then go to a Renegade bracket for his Novi.

I have an elec pump and controller! All I need is a way to mount the A/C on the pass side. But I did want to see if this brace helps before I go down the path of changing everything.

A little belt slip never killed anybody, just think of it as a feature. Like a “AI based friction sense boost controller”

And yet procharger (who makes the best bracketry) comes out with a dang kit for gen1's with coyotes like there are more than a handful of them out there.... How about make a proper kit for the thousands of trucks with stock style motors.

And yet procharger (who makes the best bracketry) comes out with a dang kit for gen1's with coyotes like there are more than a handful of them out there.... How about make a proper kit for the thousands of trucks with stock style motors.

Seriously... I am at the point to where if I have any more issues I am going turbo... Yeah, I said it LOL

There was a guy on here, think his name was Clint, he worked at ProCharger and designed that kit.

There was a guy on here, think his name was Clint, he worked at ProCharger and designed that kit.
Yeah I know. That's cool for him and maybe the couple of random people who bought that kit.. but it's a bit of a slap in the face to the 99% of the other gen1 owners who want a well made blower kit. Exceeding the limits of my blower bracketry is one of the reasons I went turbo.

Yeah I know. That's cool for him and maybe the couple of random people who bought that kit.. but it's a bit of a slap in the face to the 99% of the other gen1 owners who want a well made blower kit. Exceeding the limits of my blower bracketry is one of the reasons I went turbo.

They’re not going to spend all that time and money developing a kit that 20-40 guys are going to buy.

Back