Things are starting to come together

Ah, I see. I'm more looking for the operator to review my tune and fix glaring obvious tomfoolery before sending it on a pull. At this point I'm even open to remote stuff since seeing all the progress you have made.
No need for a dyno to do that. Most cases it's better for someone to remote access your laptop and tune it while you drive. Look up Steve VanOrder with Black Fox EFI. He does this type of tuning. I had my tune pretty well ironed out but he helped me a good bit nailing down accel enrichment. Literally nothing on my truck would work as good as accel pump did. Good to let a professional smooth things out for you

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

No need for a dyno to do that. Most cases it's better for someone to remote access your laptop and tune it while you drive. Look up Steve VanOrder with Black Fox EFI. He does this type of tuning. I had my tune pretty well ironed out but he helped me a good bit nailing down accel enrichment. Literally nothing on my truck would work as good as accel pump did. Good to let a professional smooth things out for you

He tunes mine too. Excellent at what he does! All I’ve been working on since is cold start at different temps and when I changed my injectors to 80’s, I had to auto tune, then work on the VE table to get the AFR’s back to where they needed to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Years ago we use to go to a dyno and rent it for hours and all learn how to tune by trial and error. You can learn a lot of your not afraid to experiment and as long as you take your time and don’t just do crazy pulls without safeguards in place.

With a dyno you can actually see if your changes are making a positive or negative difference. But for drivability and cold start you don’t need a dyno.

I think at a certain point these style brackets need at minimum 3/4" thickness. The auto tensioner is what allows this too as it doesn't put so much pre determined stress on everything. When I tightened my manual tensioners, I could watch my 1/2" bracket flex a ton.

The bracket I got with my TorqStorm is 3/4” aluminum.

I have an elec pump and controller! All I need is a way to mount the A/C on the pass side. But I did want to see if this brace helps before I go down the path of changing everything.
Why not mount the SC on the passenger side like my TorqStorm? Air pump is removed and alternator moves down. I can get you a copy of the brackets.

Replaced the fuel rail feed lines as one had developed a leak which ended up being a crack. I am sure I must have overtightened it. Lesson learned! Luckily Redhorse Performance made two new lines and got them to me in 3 days.

Once I got it started up I took it out of the garage so it can see it's future home, just cleared a spot at the back of our house for a new 30x30 shop, woot!

20230505_204208933_iOS.jpg

20230505_211343974_iOS.jpg

Had a chance last night to mess around with the blower brace/bracket. Everything @FlatOut made is perfect and I am so glad he suggested making it "sandwich" around the aluminum blower bracket. It is so solid now it's not even funny. I was using my laser belt alignment tool to check the initial alignment and it was about one rib off, all it took was a couple of turns on the turnbuckle (initially had no tension) and it was spot on proving that the bracket itself was never perfectly aligned(or maybe I messed it up, dunno). I went back with the 8" lower for now so I am waiting on a belt. Hopefully this once and for all fixes it... Oh and I also removed the A/C brace I made a while back, while this helped with flex I think it was contributing to poor belt alignment. Lastly if you notice the small dark colored bolt, that's an extra bolt hole I had added thinking it would strengthen the bracket, but what it seems to do best is hold everything perfectly in place so I can bolt the blower in place without the bracket slipping around. I'll get more pics later.

20230528_041308372_iOS.jpg

20230528_040135608_iOS.jpg

Glad the brackets worked out. Looks good. Hopefully it's enough to keep it ridged.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Back