The Install!!!!

008.jpg

007.jpg

LOL!!! Of course the hammer picture was just a joke. This kit went on very easily. The frame notch was a 3 minute job, and the brake line might need tweaked a little more, but otherwise it was straight forward. I even hung the headers alone. It wasnt too bad, just a little patience.
Now the sound. Its pretty ferocious! At idle it sounds real nice with a deep rumble. When you get into the gas, look out! It gets pretty loud, fast. At a cruise its a nice volume. I like to ba able to hear my vehicles, and this exhaust you can hear, but its not intrusive at all.
Again, WELL DONE Dave!!:tu:

hey rod, did you have to relocate/modify the tranny lines at all? do the tailpipes hit the ranchos when you hit any bumps? i only ask because i had a system exiting very similar to this one and when i hit bumps the pipes hit the bars. hows it sound? mean huh?.,...

Up to this point Ive had no contact between the pipes and the Ranchos. I also did NOT have to relocate the tranny lines. They stayed tucked behind the primaries like they were supposed to.:D
The sound.. Man, its awesome! It sounds like a Winston Cup car but about 1/2 volume. hehe. It does get pretty loud when you jump on the gas. I dont think it too loud though, not to me.
Im not 18 anymore either. I used to have a friend with an 86 GT Stang and we cut the mufflers off. No cats, nothing. THAT friends was loud and we LOVED IT!! I like it to sound powerful but not offensively loud. That sums up this system exactly..:tu:

Hey Rod, you have more ABS plumbing under your hood than I have in my house:D :D .

Dave, what an awsome job, giant KUDOS!
I'm in love with your exhaust tips.
You have done what you have said, Man I wish I would not of spent all that $ on my Bassani system last year and just waited, Damn.
You get my vote for top LIghtning Vendor(If they had such an award) of the year. What could be better Lightning go-fast parts made with the love of a true Lightning fanatic for very reasonable prices.
Later
Steve

Thanks a lot guys!!!! :D I have more goodies in store for you! There will be several new exhaust systems going up on my web site over the next few weeks with pictures, sound clips and as soon as I get caught up with my initial exhaust orders I will start working on my other projects like power pipes and the Icepick intake manifold (just wait until you see this setup!) :eek:

Paul, Your next buddy!

TTYL,

madramper said:

Basicly it looks like I'm ****ed. My ranchos actualy slant down from the axle to the frame, not the other way around like yours looks. How much is your truck lowered and by what meathod hotrod?

Its dropped 1.5"F/3"R. Eibach springs and hanger/shackles in the bottom hole... Whats yours dropped?

Keep in mind there is quite a bit of adjustability in the pipe section. You could easily hang the muffler an inch or so higher and the tips a 1/2" and this would easily avoid the Ranchos. ;)

Hey Rod I know this is kinda off the topic ,but you think you could post a side few pic of your whole truck. I would like to see the Nittos with a 1/3 drop.Cause Im wanting to drop mine but damn the I-beams are high and I know the springs are like 169 but dont give you but about a 1inch drop. Also the exhaust looks awesome. Thanks:nb: :tu:

Back