The Install!!!!

HotRod

Motivational Speaker
Dave-man!!! The entire exhaust is removed and the driver side header is hung (2 bolts). The brake line needed finger diddled to clear the primary tube, but that was simply (carefully) pushing it out of the way. Ive been working about 1hr 45min up to this point.

Up next is the frame cut. It looks very simple and the Sawzall is ready to go. Ill let you know how the passenger side goes shortly.

Rod K. ;g :db: ;g :db: ;g :db: :nb:

Yes, Im getting several pics throughout the adventure. I will need someone to post them for me. Can you??? Thanks!

Hey Dave, Ive noticed a small and really unneeded difference in the model years frame. I dont have that center hole in the picture. It didnt really matter, but you might want to jot that down for future reference.
The cut has been made and the passenger header is hanging (2 bolts). Im awaiting Ed arrival with the anti-seaze. Ill keep you posted. Thanks man!:tu:

WOOHOOOO!!! Both headers almost fell right into place!!! ALl of the bolts are in and are being tightened.
Its lunchtime so HotRod Performance Garage is taking a break!

PIZZA WINGS AND A COLD ICEHOUSE!!!!!! Yeah Baby!!!:nb:

Thanks Chip for posting the pics. Ill get them to you this afternoon.:tug: :db:

Well I got the intermediate pipes in before lunch, so its starting to look like an exhaust now. I have more pics! A fewmore minutes and its back to work...:tu:

Hehe he said Icehouse (my favorite). I can't wait for pics. What did you have to cut with the sawzall?

IT IS DONE!!!!!!

And its raining......

StruckBy (Ed) came over and lengthened the O2 harness for me and about 30 minutes ago I finished bolting the tips on. Total time of work: a little over 4 1/4 hours. Thats not too bad for removal and installing a new exhaust.:D

Tha frame notch is very simple and takes less than 5 minutes. The whole system practically falls together. NICE JOB DAVE!!! :tu:
The strap clamps that hold the pipes together are KICK AZZ! I cant believe how nicely it all fits together. There is plenty of adjustment if needed. Mine didnt need any. The tips fit absolutely perfect out the side and look very nice. Dave deserves a huge pat on the back! I know there are many, many Gen1 owners who are going to get in line waiting on their Pickrel Performance exhaust!!!

Now the last test.... FIRE IT UP!!!! :db: :db: :db: :db: :nb: :nb:

I have a picture JUST FOR YOU!! :D It shows the clearance above the Ranchos and below the pipes. After dinner Im going to send the pics to madramper and he's going to post them for all to see. Hang on!!!:D :D

Ok, they have finally loaded. I have the slowest connection ever. I am connecting at 24 kbs! Anyway, here are the pics

020.jpg

019.jpg

Back