The grand adventure from the Great Northwest #6

Scott, just to let you know, me and the wife for sure will be joining you guys on the 24th in Cheyenne. I still need to book hotels in Ogalalla, and St. Joseph.

Scott, just to let you know, me and the wife for sure will be joining you guys on the 24th in Cheyenne. I still need to book hotels in Ogalalla, and St. Joseph.

OK Josh ! We look forward to meeting you in Wyoming !!

Working on motels for Ogallala and St. Joe. Will have info up soon.

Scott

The 21st. 80 all the way.

Okay Steve. We're rollin' the 22nd to Boise, then Green River, WY the 23rd. Most likely Ogalalla, NE the 24th (great steakhouse there alongside the interstate), then around St. Joe, MO the 25th. Clean'em up the morning of the 26th and on into KC.

We'll look for ya along the road !

Scott (posting under my wife's screen name unknowingly !!)

OK Josh ! We look forward to meeting you in Wyoming !!

Working on motels for Ogallala and St. Joe. Will have info up soon.

Scott

Hey Scott, let me know when you find the hotels you'll be using, I still need to book those two cities!

Josh

Third night out at Ogallala, NE at the Best Western Stagecoach Inn. It's right next door to the Golden Spur steakhouse. It has reviews all over the board as does the Comfort Inn across the freeway. We've stayed in both and this one is slightly less expensive and we found it satisfactory. Nothing to write home about but Ogallala is NOT a tourist destination ! It'll do for a night.

Select the internet only rate when time to book the room online and price should be $76.49 for a single King or 2 doubles or $84.99 for 2 Queens plus applicable taxes of course.

Here's the link to the motel:

Best Western Stagecoach Inn, Ogallala Nebraska

Click on the "check rates and availability" link in the upper right of the home page just above the picture of the motel. This reservation is cancelable up to 7 days before the night of occupancy.

This is for the night of the 24th.

Scott

Last night on the road in St. Joseph, MO. It'll be at the Comfort Inn & Suites. We've stayed there before and it is VERY nice ! Right next door is a Cracker Barrel plus just 2 blocks down the street a nice car wash to get'em cleaned up for the final drive in. Only about an hour and a half from the L Fest hotel at this point.

The Kansas City Chiefs are in town here for training camp so rates are obscene calling the motel. Online they are much more friendly. There is a rate of $76.49 plus taxes for advance purchase only and it may not be cancelled, changed or refunded plus it requires Choice Privileges membership. I can book 3 rooms if desired by others that are known to be traveling with us. Need to do it sooner than later though.

Next best place is Stoney Creek Inn at $82 or $87.

Josh, are you up for the Comfort Inn & Suites ? I can book the rooms on my account but they are nonrefunable.

choicehotels.com: Room Availability

Scott

Last night on the road in St. Joseph, MO. It'll be at the Comfort Inn & Suites. We've stayed there before and it is VERY nice ! Right next door is a Cracker Barrel plus just 2 blocks down the street a nice car wash to get'em cleaned up for the final drive in. Only about an hour and a half from the L Fest hotel at this point.

The Kansas City Chiefs are in town here for training camp so rates are obscene calling the motel. Online they are much more friendly. There is a rate of $76.49 plus taxes for advance purchase only and it may not be cancelled, changed or refunded plus it requires Choice Privileges membership. I can book 3 rooms if desired by others that are known to be traveling with us. Need to do it sooner than later though.

Next best place is Stoney Creek Inn at $82 or $87.

Josh, are you up for the Comfort Inn & Suites ? I can book the rooms on my account but they are nonrefunable.

choicehotels.com: Room Availability

Scott

Scott, I already booked Ogallala, and would like you to book me the Comfort in St. Joe, if you could, let me know what you need.

You're covered Josh !

Fourth night out will be in St. Joseph, MO at the Comfort Inn and Suites. Here's the site for the motel: St. Joseph Missouri hotels, Comfort Suites hotel near Missouri Western State University, St. Joseph MO

Very nice place and we've been there before in '05. Looks like we'll be trying to meet up with Dave and Sharon for dinner that evening. Car wash is just a few blocks down the road and the KC motel is about 76 miles away ! Get'em cleaned up and motor on in to Courtyard by Marriot to watch the rest of the Lightning faithful drop by for a 3 day PARTY !!!

Scott

Twelve days 'till it's time to roll. Josh, you got your list done yet ?

Corey, how's the thrash comin' ?

Tic toc, tic toc......

Scott

Twelve days 'till it's time to roll. Josh, you got your list done yet ?

Corey, how's the thrash comin' ?

Tic toc, tic toc......

Scott

Still not done yet Scott, this week will be somewhat of a mad thrash, spent last night moving into the new shop, so that will hopefully make it easier to get stuff knocked out on the truck, lots of elbow room to work now.

Still meeting around 2 or 3 in Cheyenne? I need to plan my departure time on Tuesday.

Still meeting around 2 or 3 in Cheyenne? I need to plan my departure time on Tuesday.

Josh, aim for 2 to 2:30 PM in the Cheyenne area. Thinkin' exit 370 on I-80. It's just east of Cheyenne away from the downtown city area. Can pull off onto the exit ramp, go across to the entrance ramp and park.

Scott

Josh, aim for 2 to 2:30 PM in the Cheyenne area. Thinkin' exit 370 on I-80. It's just east of Cheyenne away from the downtown city area. Can pull off onto the exit ramp, go across to the entrance ramp and park.

Scott

Scott, do you know the proper name for that exit? College Drive? Lincoln way?
We'll be coming into town on I-25, so I need to know what the exit is called.

Josh, if you pick up I-80 from I-25 that is entrance ramp 359 eastbound. Exit 370 will be approximately 12 miles east . Your exit off I-25 to I-80 is exit 8. Looks to be 8D.

If meeting on an exit/entrance ramp won't work for ya let me know so something else can be arranged. We're easy on a meet place !

It shows as US 30 / Field Station Road for exit 370 eastbound.

Wyoming Road Map RV Travel Guide: Interstate #80

Scott

Weather looks good for the route if we can just get to eastern Washington without that pesky rain thing !

Weather guessers show the rest of the way from Yakima, WA to KC as mostly sunny and reasonable temperatures !

Hardly ever been able to keep the trucks clean the first day out. Nearly always seem to find rain over the Cascades !!

Hope your weather cooperates better Josh !!

Scott

Josh, if you pick up I-80 from I-25 that is entrance ramp 359 eastbound. Exit 370 will be approximately 12 miles east . Your exit off I-25 to I-80 is exit 8. Looks to be 8D.

If meeting on an exit/entrance ramp won't work for ya let me know so something else can be arranged. We're easy on a meet place !

It shows as US 30 / Field Station Road for exit 370 eastbound.

Wyoming Road Map RV Travel Guide: Interstate #80

Scott

Scott that's fine, I just wasn't sure if 370 was before or after the I-25/I-80 interchange, we'll see you there!

Back