Starting to gather parts for twins

gumby,
i remember meeting you in early 2009 in Beaumont and i was trying to remember if your truck was turbo then or not. Did you have a procharger on it maybe? I didn't get to see your engine, but I remember when you left, the truck sounded like it had a centrifigual (sp?) blower on it. Oh, and good luck with the twins....I bet your truck will run 9's!!

I had a powerdyne on it early last year for a couple months then a Vortec T-trim for a few months after that then the turbo starting in may!! Where you been hiding big dawg??

ok well I have the intercooler all mounted up. the engine bay is all cleaned up and repainted including the frame. the intercooler is all mounted up and have good idea on how all the coldpiping is gonna go! I will get some good pics today. I also am going to get the suspension done this week!! just a belltech drop beams and hangers for now.

OK well I got my new heads today. They are Trickflows new twisted wedege 205 cnc heads.
SANY1169.jpg

SANY1170.jpg

exhaust side
SANY1171.jpg

intake side
SANY1172.jpg

SANY1174.jpg

Last edited:
Wow man this build is going to be amazing!!! Still tryna get my 427ci dropped its almost been a year since I got it and its still sitting on the stand...Damn Cant wait!!!

yep. Longblock is assembled minus the main girdle, oil pan(should be here anyday) oil pump, timing cover,intake.

Intake is ported to 1262R gaskets.:scared1:

Build got pushed back about a month cuz I decided to buy a Motorcycle:headscratch:

I will be off this weekend and hope to have the oil pan/girdle so I can put the motor back in the truck and start fabbing the turbo kit:thumbup:

Build got pushed back about a month cuz I decided to buy a Motorcycle
What are you think'n Gum, 2 wheels aren't as important as 4?? Can't wait to see some progress on this monster!

Ordered my Turbos tonite!! 2 MasterPower T-70 P-trim turbos. .68 exhaust housings. :drool:
They are good for 700hp each!!!!!!!:thumbup:

Here is a post i had on another site and figured I'd paste it here also just cause.

Well I have gone about as far as I think I should push the stock rotating 184,000 mile stock motor,trans,rearend. I got a best of 10.88@123 with a 1.55 60ft on Drag radials and a pump/109 mix fuel.16psi boost.Thats full weight 4500# still has A/C(doesnt blow cold but there) power steering, stereo system,factory and dynomatted interior .Here's a quick rundown for those who didnt know the combo

184,000 mile stock shortblock(cast crank,cast rods,hypereutic pistons)
CamMotion Custom Grind Hydraulic Roller Cam
AFR185 heads,1.6 Roller Rockers, ARP head bolts
Edelbrock carb style intake converted to EFI by BehindBarsRaceCars,75mmTB
PTK turbo kit, Precision 76mm PTSH, Turbosmart 38mm waste gate, Tial 50mmBOV
3" downpipe single magnaflow 3" muffler
CXRacing 31x12x4 Air/Air Intercooler, 3" cold piping
Pro-M Mass Air Conversion, PMAS Pro Tube MAF,
Aeromotive fuel system, -10feed -6return, 60lb inj.
Stock trans, PUNISHER Comp Valve body, PI 3000 stall converter
3.55 gears in the stock rearend
Mark8 electric Fan,Struckby fan controller
Tuned by PSI Performance San Antonio.

NEW COMBO
Forged 393w in stock roller block,Canton Main Girdle,Pan,Pickup
Melling CNC,Blue Printed, High Volume Oil Pump, ARP Shaft
ARP Main and Head studs, ARP Intake and flexplate bolts
CamMotion Custom Grind Cam
Trickflow Twisted Wedge 205 cnc heads, 1.6 roller rockers
RCI 75# Injectors
Pony Down 1 3/4" Primary twin headers
2x MasterPower T70 P-Trim turbos
29x16x3.5" two in single out air/air intercooler.
2x OBX 38mm waste gates
2x 3.5" down pipes Dynomax proflow straight thru race mufflers
Bell Tech Drop beams front, Belltech shackels and brackets rear
3.73 gears
same intake,fuelsystem,maf

This is all I can think of right now. Stock motor,AFRs,Single turbo/kit are gone. Stroker will hopefully go in this weekend IF my oil Pan comes in! Turbos are in the mail and will order headers/Downpipe materials tonite!!

Changes from the first post but hey thats how a build goes:screwy:

was going through the traps at 5300rpm with the 315/60/15s so I swapped gears and it did much much better!! The 10.88 was with 3.55s !!

here's the 393w shortblock--- Thanks Giddyup
d37960dc.jpg

9bb266b7.jpg

The new motormounts--- thanks Lightning Dan
ecb35d4d.jpg

Bad Pic of the Longblock
a871257a.jpg

New Twin in- Single out Intercooler
5a6eb274.jpg

80220943.jpg

d797f912.jpg

bba6894c.jpg

New Melling CNC/Blue Printed HV Oil Pump and ARP driveshaft
a487c69f.jpg

My RCI 75# High Impedence Injectors
ddf0f9bc.jpg

My Intake- Behind Bars Race Cars modified Victor Jr. Ported to a 1262R Gasket by me.
2e246ff9.jpg

092d69ca.jpg

5bba86a3.jpg

My "overkill" studded spyder hold down
c97c375f.jpg

c04127e7.jpg

Canton Mail Girdle and Windage Tray
0d5b468a.jpg

Last edited:
Back