Starting to gather parts for twins

turbodgumby

GOT BOOST??
OK so Here's the the build start!!

2 Master Power Dynamic Flow P-Trim T70s turbos
2 38mm OBX wastegates.
2 Black turbo blankets
25x17x3.5 dual 2.5" in and 3" out Intercooler.
2.5" aluminum coldpipe kit.
1 3/4 primary twin custom made PONYDOWN headers(T4 Flanged)
3" downpipes
RCI 75# Injectors
Stroker build starting as we speak.
Selling my AFR185s and are going to get a set of Vic Jrs and Port them and flow them!

Will Post pics as parts roll in and Fabrication starts!

all that in a heavy truck..... just put that effort into a smaller, lighter vehicle and you wont be running 11.40 @118....If i had all the stuff in my shelby that i had in my L........ um.. easy 8s..

that heavy *** truck has ran 10.88 at 4400lbs on stock motor trans and rear with 180k on it...

all that in a heavy truck..... just put that effort into a smaller, lighter vehicle and you wont be running 11.40 @118....If i had all the stuff in my shelby that i had in my L........ um.. easy 8s..

I have built my fair share of 7,8,9,10 second stangs! Everything from Pro 5.0 cars to True 10.5 cars to street cars. My 83 GT was efi twin turbo. Made a measly 600rwhp on the 302.

The Truck is just more fun! ANYBODY CAN MAKE A CAR FAST!!!!!

I still have a couple weeks on the single combo so I am still gonna try for a 10.6 on the stock parts!! If not then oh well!!

And yeah I hope the Vics and twins come on just as hard and fast as my single 76 does now

Interested in seeing the headers. I was under the impression that ponydown only made mustang headers/turbo kits and that mustang turbo headers would not work in a Lightning.

So you decided on the twins, kickass! I can't wait to see it all put together man, it's going to be a beast. Are you coming on the 13th?

cool, cant wait to see some pics. do you plan on keeping a/c or removing everything that is not necessary. Being in texas, a/c is a must in my opinion.

Last edited:
Prob keeping a/c but making parts arrangements just in case I dont!

Here is my new Intercooler.
Intercooler itself is 27x16x3.5"
Core is 24x10x3.5"
dual 2.5" inlets single 3" outlet

SANY1101.jpg

I want to see how your gonna mount the intercooler and run the cold side. I to am building a 410ci twin turbo, but gonna be blow through carb.

Good luck

OK well I pulled the turbo kit and motor out of my truck the other day. so now I am starting to fit and fab parts along with cleaning the engine bay and re-paint everything! Lots of changes hapening at once! Stroker Motor, Twins, E-boost electronic boost controller, LOTS of suspension mods( Now that I have my front drop beams I can do rear suspension right!)

Progress !!! Cool…

The race I was going to run was canceled due to track maintenance, but I hope to get out this Friday… In the meantime I am putting some exhaust together so it is not so dam loud (dumps off the turbo about a foot long…)…

I am curious what converter you are running and what rpm do you hold on the starting line??

Greg

PI 3000 and with the 2-step I can leave at 3000 rpm and 6psi IF track prep is good. if not I usually leave at 2800 and 4/5 psi On good track prep I get 1.55 60fts on 315/60/15 M/T et street radials. if not its 1.60s consistently!

Back