SRT4 vs. GEN1 L

C'mon guys, this IS WAR ZONE!!! Not for the meek!!! FEAR IS NOT A FACTOR, SCREW PRIDE!!! Hey if I get beat, I get beat, it's not the end of the world, especially if I get my @ss handed to me by some little flavor of the week ricer that tips the scales at half my weight. Getting beat or having a close race is a great motivation for improving your mods and skills. Who wants to go around kicking everyones @ss on the planet with no competition??? BORING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember, you're driving a full size truck. I guess you could trade it in on an SVT Focus hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

srt-4 is the fastest production front wheel drive car........wish they would have picked something besides a neon to make this "title" with

]l-l[avoksDream said:
There are three new 4 bangers you do not race: WRX, EVO 8, and the SRT-4. These cars can haul @ss when modded. I race them every now and then with my gen2 and they have no problem keeping up.

I have driven my buddies modified STI. WOW. He runs in the 11's. I love the feel of that much hp in an all wheel drive car. IT launches like no other. The STI is definitely not just another WRX. The WRX by the way isn't that fast. The EVO and STI, I like, the SRT, still a POS Dodge.

i think his comment "The sti is definitely not just ANOTHER wrx" he meant the sti/race version is much faster than the plain wrx not race version!!!!

well ok, but he also compares a modified STI to a wrx and declares the wrx "slow"...perhaps he needs to come up to the the bay area and take a gander at my brother-in-laws "slow" wrx...ill even try and get him a deal on some all-wheel-drive dyno time ;)

i've actually rode in both stock and after they were mod'd....never thought either were slow...but each one has their own opinion

02 RED BOLT said:
HEY SCOTT if you put 3 srt 4's together you get an srt 12 LOOKOUT.SORRY I know how bad SCOTT would love to get up beside an srt10 had to say it .LOL:D :D :D :D :D :tu:

MWAHAHAHAHAHA! OH MAN.....you just dont know! Looks like it will have to wait till next spring the L is about to be into hibernation for the next 3 to 4 months! ;m I hate winter! ;c

Scott:3g:

Muddmann said:
if this srt4 is anything like the Daytona Z and GLHS i had back in the 80's...im all over it. that GLHS used to give the mustangs absolute fits back then :D
I had an '85 GLH Omni turbo...my '98 DOHC/MTX Neon would eat that car up and the '98 has no turbo or spray. The SRT-4 is a monster compared to my '98 though...
Muddmann said:
...ummm, the STI is a WRX, silly goose ;m
Stock WRX = 227HP :beanie:
Stock WRX/STI = 300 HP :drool:

Sorry...just wanted to bump the SRT-4 topic back TTT. :argue:

And besides, the SRT-4 is a true American car. Where were Gen2 L's built? :sfca:

Last edited:
Scott Dunn said:
MWAHAHAHAHAHA! OH MAN.....you just dont know! Looks like it will have to wait till next spring the L is about to be into hibernation for the next 3 to 4 months! ;m I hate winter! ;c Scott:3g:

Come on out here and race year round,,,,,&&&&&& yu can smack My R/T around........:hail: :3g: :3g: :devious:

oh i understand. but to say 'dont race these 4 bangers' is just silly. of course if your stock i understand, but some gen ones (me for instance) are far from stock. and little 13 sec ricers are not at the top of my "DONT RACE" list.
JD

they will be when you race a modded one. ..... go ahead and accidentally line up with a 50trimd srt4

I raced my buddies srt4, he has a few things done to it buuut i still pulled on him by 4-5 cars, ill tell you one thing though i stopped pulling on him after about 60.
Mopar= Most often passed at races
he didnt think it was too funny

Srt-4

Saw one out tonight at the drags. Didn't want to race it, didn't try either, and have no desire to even look at one. Sounded out of tune and kinda janky.
He was a in the low 14's. What's up with Mohawks? I saw a bunch of posures with mohawks for some reason. I thought that was a skater thing?

Back