SRT4 vs. GEN1 L

Ford Truck Man

Well the srt4 took it! ;m. I am not a happy camper, I thought of all **** boxes out there I could take that one too, but the victory was not mine. I spun when I matted it and was in front by a cab length, but he pulled me after 45. I almost cried. That was quite a strange sounding car it sounded deep, like there was actually part of a real motor in there. No I do not respect the srt4 now, I am disgusted at my gen 1. I almost want to sell it. I need a beer before I do something stupid. I have to sell my freaking mustang and get a turbo setup!!! Enough is enough. Sorry for the long drawn out crap but whaaaaa. I got beat by an srt4 :cr:

Seen 'em run 13.9's all night long at the track in hot air with crappy drivers. Little turds are quick! I don't know your mods, but I wouldn't feel too bad getting pulled after 45mph by a 13 sec car.
Also, their 60ft times aren't impressive like that of a WRX or Mitsu EVO, but they come on strong from a roll!!

There are three new 4 bangers you do not race: WRX, EVO 8, and the SRT-4. These cars can haul @ss when modded. I race them every now and then with my gen2 and they have no problem keeping up.

I test drove an SRT-4 about a month ago for the hell of it. They are quick little cars. Remember, their 0-60 time is almost as quick as a Gen2.

They are listing at 5.6 0-60 with a top speed of 153 mph. Comparing price to price I would say that the srt-4 has a great bang for the buck for any car in its price range. Look like fun little cars.

Brett

They are prety quick neons I run them all the time around my area.Stock 1/8 9.4 but stage 2 kit 8.20 w/ slicks on.I had 1 weave in & out of staging to line up w/ me only to get his a** smoked by 6legths at the finish haha.But don't be mad at your L nopar backs these up w/ aton of mods and more than not they're modded.Cheap parts for a cheap car sorry I just can 't stand them oh ya and they're not real consistant I eliminated one of the 8.20 cars w/his slicks on too many hot laps heran a 9.0.to my 8.93 KEEP THE FAITH HAVE A COLD ONE L's RULE!

It is just discouraging getting beatin by a dodge ricer! I AM doing a turbo setup now I don't care what my fuel eco is when done. You just can't beat the power to weight ratio of those little cars! It sucks.

MIKE

]l-l[avoksDream said:
There are three new 4 bangers you do not race: WRX, EVO 8, and the SRT-4. These cars can haul @ss when modded. I race them every now and then with my gen2 and they have no problem keeping up.

sorry your afraid of 13sec ricers....
JD

if this srt4 is anything like the Daytona Z and GLHS i had back in the 80's...im all over it. that GLHS used to give the mustangs absolute fits back then :D

terrible one said:
sorry your afraid of 13sec ricers....
JD
Scared? No. Will I lose? Maybe. Thats all I was trying to say:tu: I have a stock 99 and I know what it can run. Some of these cars are running into the 12s easy - on the streets. I know where I stand. Pride is is not everything and it will not do me any good when my buddies are watching me lose to a neon.

oh i understand. but to say 'dont race these 4 bangers' is just silly. of course if your stock i understand, but some gen ones (me for instance) are far from stock. and little 13 sec ricers are not at the top of my "DONT RACE" list.
JD

HEY SCOTT if you put 3 srt 4's together you get an srt 12 LOOKOUT.SORRY I know how bad SCOTT would love to get up beside an srt10 had to say it .LOL:D :D :D :D :D :tu:

terrible one said:
oh i understand. but to say 'dont race these 4 bangers' is just silly. of course if your stock i understand, but some gen ones (me for instance) are far from stock. and little 13 sec ricers are not at the top of my "DONT RACE" list.
JD

Yeah, "don't" was the wrong word to use. Didn't mean it that way.;)

Heres what I think about the SRT4
30988-525-10764.gif

Back