Apparently the new lids already have the listed options from this thread...is this ever going to come to life?

I worked with nighcrawler on getting GB's in the past. I am currently away from the US on a ship in the middle of the ocean and I assume nightcrawler is busy with college.

Paul Ruiz (Gaylord's) has always been willing to consider GBs so anyone here can take the lead and work the admin stuff with the moderators.

Gaylord's Truck Bed Lids
6765 Paramount Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90805
info@gaylordslids.com
(562) 529-7543

I would gladly do this but will be difficult because of my current situation. Feel free to use my name (Romeo) when you contact Gaylord's...I think he'll still remember me (did 2 GBs with him)

Best of luck, fellas!

Last edited:
If somebody else could take the lead, that would be great!

I am also away right now so it would be hard for me to get everything lined up.

Anybody?

BTW,

Good to hear from you Romeo! Once you get back and come down to Vegas again, we need to hook up and drink a few.

It didn't look like this was ever going to happen, so I put together a buy of my own when the new lid finally came out in the beginning of September. Let me tell you guys..... It was a nightmare!!! We ordered 11 lids. Out of the 11 I think only 4 were delivered with all the parts and undamaged. The lids missing parts weren't much of a problem. Gaylords shipped the missing parts out quickly. 5 of the lids were damaged (cracked)upon delivery. So of course Gaylords shipped 5 new ones. Out of those 5, 3 more were damaged.

Don't get me wrong, their lids look incredibly nice once you get an undamaged one with all the hardware. I love mine!!! But the attitude of Gaylords just plain sucks. You might say that the blame for the damage is because of the shippers. WRONG!!! They have an obvious problem with their crating, but they think it's just fine. If they packed the lids correctly, nobody would have received a damaged lid. You would think there was a shortage of lumber in California. They use very thin plywood around the lid, but no plywood on the back or front of the lid. HELLO!!!! What's wrong with this picture???

My buddy just had a Snuglid delivered to his house. It was like trying to take a house apart when it was delivered. That's how awesome their crating is. Gaylords could learn from them.

Oh, and the keyless entry......Well, it's OK I guess. I think having the single lock is nice, but the "WOW" factor of the keyless entry isn't too much to be "wowed" about. I really wonder what the engineers who designed this lid were thinking when they designed the wiring for it. It barely reaches where it needs to reach, and it doesn't have a quick disconnect at the rear of the lid. Instead the quick disconnect sits under the cab. That doesn't do you much good if you have a bed liner or bed rug and want to take your lid off and you're in a hurry. PITA if you ask me.

I have had several Gaylords lids throughout the years and I hear everybit of what you are saying. Each order I placed, I went through atleast 2-3 lids before getting something I would accept.

Its pathetic...

My cousin just picked upher X2000 for her Dodge Ram 2500. It has the rotary latches and single key lock. She opted not to have the remote keyless entry installed, but the lid is pre-wired and the solenoids are already in the latches.
There is a release handle inside the lid in case you close yourself in.
The rotary latches make it so you can just lower the lid and it will latch itself...no need for they key to lock.
All in all it's a nice setup. The only thing I wonder about is the fact that there is no cover over where you put the key in the lock. I thought the old design had rubber covers over the keyholes. There is a little "door" inside that closes to cover the hole.
Anyway...best lid made in my opinion.

Last edited:
I'D WIN said:
Any luck?

Just posted an update @ NHTOC: gaylord has agreed to a GB. Sent a request for approval to Nan (make this another joint NHTOC & NLOC GB), waiting on her reply.

PLAIN (no wing): $888
SPEEDSTURR (wing): $940.21

NOTE: shipping is EXTRA to your zip code. For comparison, the last GB pricing (AUG 2004) is listed below:
Lightning AND Harley Regular X2000 - $756.70
Lightning AND Harley Speedsturr X2000 - $809.23

Yes, prices have gone up from the 2004 GB but the lids have also been improved:
1. single lock
2. rotary latch
3. 12 volt light
4. emergency release (from inside)
5. remote.

Please post here if you are RTB (Ready To Buy) or to read up on other details
http://www.nhtoc.net/vbforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25146&perpage=15&pagenumber=4

or you can also use this thread!!!

NOTE: only VERIFIED paid members are eligible

Back