~nightcrawler~

Formerly RollinLimp2001
Below are the details of this Bi-Annual/August 2004 GROUP PURCHASE (GP):
ITEM: Gaylord X2000 or SPEEDSTURR (X2000 w/ wing)
SOURCE: Direct from Gaylord (as negotiated with PAUL RUIZ)
START DATE: Sunday, August 1st, 2004
END DATE: Sunday, August 15th, 2004 (EXTENDED TILL QUANTITY MET)
RESTRICTIONS: must have NHTOC/NLOC # to get GP prices:

If we can get 15+ then we can get the X2000 at this price:
Lightning AND Harley Original X2000 - $779.80
Lightning AND Harley Speedsturr X2000 - $832.48
Shipping - Contact info provided below (call for a quote):

Gaylord's Truck Bed Lids
6765 Paramount Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90805
info@gaylordslids.com
(562) 529-7543

STANDARD FEATURES:
- X2000 Lid
- No-Drill Clamp on Design
- Carpetted Lining
- Battery Powered Light
- Pull Strap
- Painted to Factory Paint Code
- Locks/Keys Included

OPTIONS (please contact Gaylord for details)
- Instead of Factory matched paint you can get it in PRIMER or EXCEL coat
- Protective edge trim in black

So if you are wanting to get in on this group purchase here's what you need to do:

1.) If you are not a PAID member of either the NLOC or NHTOC please follow these links to become one. A member number is required when you order. *For quicker sign-up PayPal is recommended*

To become a member of NLOC click here

To become a member of NHTOC click here

2.) After you sign-up be sure to ask NAN for your member number for the Gaylords X2000 group purchase. Please be sure you let her know that you are participating in the Gaylords Group Purchase to make things easier on her.

3.) Once you are a paid member you can download the order form from here:
Gaylords X2000 Ford Clubs Order Form.xls (Right Click & Save As...)
All members that wish to purchase must fill out this order form (print clearly). Shipping address, phone #, Member #, e-mail address and payment information must be on form.

4.) Either fax the order form to Gaylord's (please put attention Paul Ruiz), or e-mail them to paul@gaylordslids.com. MUST DO BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 15th, 2004

5.) Shipping quotes will be faxed or e-mailed to each customer. For information purposes, shipping to a personal residence cost about $50.00 more than a buisness, so always try to ship to a place of employment. Another option that would be good for alot of people is to have the item held at the shipper's terminal closest to you. This is good in that you can check out the lid before you accept it. But be forwarned that this terminal may be a good distance away depending on your location. Specify your shipping preference on the special shipping instructions portion of the order form.

6.) Once Gaylord's has verified your order and shipping they will then process it and should have your X2000 to you within they time Gaylord's provided.

Last edited:
If you guys could please help me out, NAN is wanting a list of guys who are in on this so she knows who to give their NLOC numbers. So I'm going to start a list. I just went off your response in the thread so if there is any changes let me know.

To SIGN UP FOR THIS GB, please provide the info below:
A. REAL First and Last name
B. NLOC member #
C. Year of truck
D. color of lid (black, DSG)
E. model of truck (Lightning or Harley)
F. style (Original or Speedsturr)

AND THE BUYERS ARE:
1.) YOUR NAME HERE

AND THOSE INTERESTED ARE:
1.) 4S FED - Jake Brown (#1527) 2003, BLACK, LIGHTNING, SPEEDSTURR
2.) Black Knight -
3.) Encouragable -
4.) Esche -
5.) Jackal -

Last edited:
~nightcrawler~
Here is how the list looks over @ NHTOC:

1. Elliot Presser, Silver03HD (#224): '03, UA, Speedsturr, 75214
2. J. Walker, HOGSTYL (#242), 03, UA, Speedsturr, 98422
3. Mike Nichols, fepony1, (#22), '02, UA, Speedsturr, 32431
4. Steven Biggs, HarleySteve, (#250), '02, UA, Speedsturr, 30905
5. Robert Castillo, ROB03HD (#253), 03, UA, PLAIN, 78213

MISSING INFO (NHTOC #, real name, etc.)

6. Mark Angelone Black N Blown '02, UA, Speedsturr, 34952
7. REAL NAME??, hdcrewzer (#??), 01, UA, Speedsturr, 98281
8. Arnold, Ari21, (#??), 02, UA, Speedsturr, 33166
9. Scott Simpson, coiledup, #???, 01, UA, Speedsturr, 94514
10. sladeyboy

Hope we can firm up the READY TO BUY list so they can start placing their orders.

Last edited:
I have now joined NLOC and have my membership number, I downloaded and printed the order form. I have emailed Paul several times at Gaylords asking for a shipping quote to my address in Canada, no reply!
I might be interested in this group buy depending on the shipping cost, does anybody know how to get a quote from Gaylords?

Syd

I know it's going to be long distance, but sometimes calling is the best option. He's been in meetings a couple times I've called but he usually always called me back. So just give it a shot and for a couple minutes on the phone you can get it squared away. Just make sure you ask for Paul as he's our main contact at Gaylord's.

Gaylord's#: (562) 529-7543

Same boat

fastlightn' said:
I have emailed Paul several times at Gaylords asking for a shipping quote to my address in Canada, no reply!

My two e-mails and voice mails to Paul have also gone unanswered:confused: I'll keep trying. However for a shipping quote, I just asked the person who answered and they forwarded me to a gal who in turn quickly provided a shipping price to me in Alberta. ($145 I recall).........

Frank

Re: Same boat

frankmp said:
My two e-mails and voice mails to Paul have also gone unanswered:confused: I'll keep trying. However for a shipping quote, I just asked the person who answered and they forwarded me to a gal who in turn quickly provided a shipping price to me in Alberta. ($145 I recall).........

Frank

Thanks for replying with your info Frank. If you are just wanting a shipping quote then you should be able to get one over the phone. I just say to try and deal with Paul whenever you can since he handled this before and set us up for this one as well. Sorry about your wait but now that you have a ballpark shipping quote you should be good to go.

If anyone is going to be ordering or is in the process of doing so, please let me know in this thread or PM me so we can get a figure on how many are participating. Thanks again guys!:tu:

Re: Re: Same boat

~nightcrawler~ said:
If anyone is going to be ordering or is in the process of doing so, please let me know in this thread

I'm leaning towards ordering. Won't know with certainly until Monday as a company near Gaylord's is coming up our way and can pick it up from Gaylord's and trailer it up. Depends if they leave before the lid can be made (which Paul and Tony indicated would take 2-3 weeks) Is Monday too late?? I noticed one of the steps was making sure a fax was sent to Gaylord by the 15th.

Frank Princ, NLOC#1459, 03 L, DSG-CX code I think, X2000 Speedstur

fastlightn' said:
I might be interested in this group buy depending on the shipping cost, does anybody know how to get a quote from Gaylords?
Syd

Syd:

FYI, I asked about the size and weight of the lid's shipping containers for the Speedstur. They advised the lid is in a crate 90"x65"x5" weighing 100# and a 36"x6"x3" box weighing 20# housing the hardware.

Just call Gaylord and ask for shipping. They'll quote you in a minute or two........

Frank

Re: Re: Re: Same boat

frankmp said:

I'm leaning towards ordering. Won't know with certainly until Monday as a company near Gaylord's is coming up our way and can pick it up from Gaylord's and trailer it up. Depends if they leave before the lid can be made (which Paul and Tony indicated would take 2-3 weeks) Is Monday too late?? I noticed one of the steps was making sure a fax was sent to Gaylord by the 15th.

Frank Princ, NLOC#1459, 03 L, DSG-CX code I think, X2000 Speedstur

Sorry it took me so long to see this, but Gaylord's has tried to work with us in the past to get the most people in as we could so the best thing I could suggest would be just to call today if you haven't already and see what they say. Hopefully they won't turn down a sale since the last day of this GP was actually on a Sunday when they were closed. Good luck and let me know what they say...maybe I can pull some strings incase anyone else wants in real quick:tu:

nightcrawler et al
Phoned Paul today (17AUG, 1700 PST) and he has graciously agreed to extend this GB until the end of AUG. BTW, there are eight (8) READY BUYERS @ NHTOC. Curious how many for NLOC??

Last edited:
We've had 2 already order from here...and a couple more that seem interested, but haven't decided or let me know if they bought yet.

So guys if you've purchased already please let me know so we know who all has ordered already and who hasn't for numbers sake.

Thanks

Jeff

Hey,
Is it too late to join (on the 30th w/ Paypal) and place an order (on the 31st)?
Sorry I'm so last minute - I just found out about this.
Thanks,
--Springer

springer said:
Hey,
Is it too late to join (on the 30th w/ Paypal) and place an order (on the 31st)?
Sorry I'm so last minute - I just found out about this.
Thanks,
--Springer

Actually no it's not too late. We didn't make the 15+ lids that we needed to get the price quoted so Gaylord's is willing to extend this GP until we have enough people. So if you know anyone else who is in the market for a tonneau cover then let them know so you guys can get your lids ordered and on your trucks!:tu:

GOOD NEWS!!!

Just got off the phone with Paul (Gaylord's) and he has graciously agreed to:
1. extend this GB
2. waive the GB 15-buyer minimum and will green light this GB with a minimum of 10 buyers. FYI, we have 8 ready buyers at NHTOC, so just need 2 more from here.

So guys....go place your orders now (the earlier you do so, the sooner you get it);g :db: :dp:

I have been away but I am going to buy one if I am not to late. Thank you Nightcrawler for sending me a message to let me know this was happening.

I think id be interested if I can pick it up from their office in Long Beach. I live in San Diego so its not too far a drive. I emailed Paul about this so i'll let you know ASAP. once I hear back. Thanks

avidian,
I actually did this to save on shipping: drove from Temecula to LB plus also had them install the lid (I got an awesome deal on labor).
I thought about loading the lid in back but the thought of a "mishap" on the freeway ride home made me think twice. The BOX is huge & heavy...won't quite fit flat inside the bed of the truck so you can either tilt the box at an angle and strap down. Or lay the box on top/over the bed rails and strap down (see this link for a pix):
http://www.nhtoc.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9643&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

Actually not a bad idea to show there LID-less and come back home STYLIN (plus no more drag in the bed = maybe some mpg savings?)

For those who can't access the order form you can also email Paul at Gaylord's with the following information. Again, this is for those who can't use the form...try accessing it first since Paul set it up to make the ordering process quicker and easier for us. Thanks guys.

Email format for paul@gaylordslids.com :

- First and Last name
- NLOC member #
- Make, model, and year of vehicle
- Style of tonneau wanted (traditional or speedsturr)
- Color/Finish wanted (factory paint code)
- Method of payment
- Shipping address (residential or business)
- Contact information so they can call and get your payment information and set up an approximate shipping date

Hey Nightcrawler,
I am offically a member, and have a call into Paul.
I'll have my order in soon... Today hopefully.
--M

Back