Second build up from the short block

Here’s my new set up.. hoping to get it back in the truck this weekend!
bc0f34afad56b05c4e1cb386d9bb64ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s my new set up.. hoping to get it back in the truck this weekend!
bc0f34afad56b05c4e1cb386d9bb64ee.jpg

Lookin good! I was right there a few weeks ago.
Curious if your lower intake runners mated up with your heads well. Mine intake sits a little to low.
I went back and looked Brian had the rad pipe mod when he still had a/c if your interested in doing it. Gotta change the neck on the engine to a 45°.

No problem. I’m in Central Florida so I feel your pain. My truck sits a lot in the summer. All my free time in the summer is...
4bdf05e79dee4f783aaabbf2f559b5e0.jpg

I have everything to put it back on if I want to in the future. Right now my intake is in the way of the evaporator so I have to get a new intake or swap mine around. If It was hooked up and working I probably wouldn’t take it off either.
It may be possible to do with the a/c still on it. @Briansshop did you do the rad hose with your a/c still on?

Where In central Florida are you located?

Second build up, from the short block up.

Curious if your lower intake runners mated up with your heads well. Mine intake sits a little to low.
I went back and looked Brian had the rad pipe mod when he still had a/c if your interested in doing it. Gotta change the neck on the engine to a 45°.

Thanks bud! The intake is just sitting on top now due to waiting on my pushrods. They are supposed to be here Friday so I’ll check that out for you before I button it up.

Thanks for checking into it for me. Yea I had already looked into the 45* water neck. It’s cheap so I’ll get one with the hole for the sensor to put on it when I change it.

Okeechobee. I usually run out Stuart.

Oh ok cool, your not too far from me, I’m in Ocala, I like the truck, hopefully I can catch it at the track one day. I’m always around a track somewhere In Florida and Georgia.

Oh ok cool, your not too far from me, I’m in Ocala, I like the truck, hopefully I can catch it at the track one day. I’m always around a track somewhere In Florida and Georgia.

I’ll be at Palm Beach International Raceway aka PBIR on Friday. Weather permitting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ll be at Palm Beach International Raceway aka PBIR on Friday. Weather permitting.

Ok, that’s a nice track, I can’t make that but Bradenton nmra is coming up in a couple weeks, they have a truck and lightning class you should put the truck in. I’m gonna be there with my street/strip car.

Ok, that’s a nice track, I can’t make that but Bradenton nmra is coming up in a couple weeks, they have a truck and lightning class you should put the truck in. I’m gonna be there with my street/strip car.

That’s next weekend. Looks like a good time! How strict are they on safety over there? My truck looks completely stock except for battery relocation and shut off switch. I don’t know how fast they would let me go.

That’s next weekend. Looks like a good time! How strict are they on safety over there? My truck looks completely stock except for battery relocation and shut off switch. I don’t know how fast they would let me go.

I’ve always had a great time there, on safety I’m not sure, tech there got on to me one time for not having 2 return springs on the carburetor of my 10 sec car and said make sure you put one on, I never put one on, just went out there and raced all weekend, and that car was not set up with the safety gear to go 10s, they asked me how fast it would go at tech I just said idk 12s maybe lol

I’ve always had a great time there, on safety I’m not sure, tech there got on to me one time for not having 2 return springs on the carburetor of my 10 sec car and said make sure you put one on, I never put one on, just went out there and raced all weekend, and that car was not set up with the safety gear to go 10s, they asked me how fast it would go at tech I just said idk 12s maybe lol

Story of my life

Anybody ever been down the drag strip with a 25mph head wind? How bad does it effect you? Wind is 25mph, gusting to 32 and blowing right down the strip.

I installed the lower intake on the sealant to dry overnight. The runners line up almost perfectly. From what I can tell, it is really close. I will try to get a pic for you tmr once I tq it down.

Story of my life

Tech is crazy sometimes, some places give you such a hard time, but then I turned around and went to Orlando speedworld for world street finals with my small tire car that goes well faster than 9.99 with no 9 sec license, he didn’t even go near the car to see if I even had a cage, which I do, but he just signed and said have fun lol

Anybody ever been down the drag strip with a 25mph head wind? How bad does it effect you? Wind is 25mph, gusting to 32 and blowing right down the strip.

I’ve had a head wind at Gainesville before, can’t remember what mph wind but it was a car I went 11.50 in and it was going like 11.70s that particular day ,I remember it was a heavy wind too.

Good deal man in for the results

Results:
I’ve got some suspension work to do! It’s hitting the tires to hard and unloading about three feet out. Violent and ugly. Im going to stiffen the springs. Only got a couple runs in before rain out. It’s definitely faster than it was though. It spun, I let out and got back in it and run 12.6 with the head wind. On motor.
Previous best time was 12.5 on nitrous. I’m guessing I can get it into high 11s on muscle.
Back to work!

Results:
I’ve got some suspension work to do! It’s hitting the tires to hard and unloading about three feet out. Violent and ugly. Im going to stiffen the springs. Only got a couple runs in before rain out. It’s definitely faster than it was though. It spun, I let out and got back in it and run 12.6 with the head wind. On motor.
Previous best time was 12.5 on nitrous. I’m guessing I can get it into high 11s on muscle.
Back to work!

Much better now. And I’m sure you have more in it too.

On suspension I would flip the rear on top of the leafs, set the pinion angle and weld on new spring perches and install an adjustable shock behind the rear straight up a down to control separation. I’m running cheap Rancho 9000s set to full stiff. You’ll need to get a new caltrac mount for the back but it will work and look so much better. My truck did the same thing before the shocks.

Sometimes tech only becomes an issue if you end up in the money and you beat someone with a spec legal car. They can protest your lack of safety equipment and you'll forfeit the pass. If you're just making TnT passes, a lot of the time they can be pretty lenient most places.

Sometimes tech only becomes an issue if you end up in the money and you beat someone with a spec legal car. They can protest your lack of safety equipment and you'll forfeit the pass. If you're just making TnT passes, a lot of the time they can be pretty lenient most places.

That is very true, we built a stock car one time for our local track, we used a Lincoln Mark 7 and put a 351 Windsor in it, we were the only ford bodied and powered car there almost every weekend, we use to go out there and whip them Chevy guys every weekend and they would get so upset, they would always pay tech to try to find something illegal about the car, but we do are research and built the car to the rules. I even remember one particular night they had us pull the trans and got a bathroom scale and weighed are flywheel cause they said we had a lightweight flywheel in the car. Desperate too find something wrong with are ford beating up on them lol there was nothing lightweight about are flywheel.

Back