Second build up from the short block

Good info on the I beams weights. Oddly they’re not nearly as heavy as I thought. I guess it’s not the I beams themselves that are heavy.

Good info on the I beams weights. Oddly they’re not nearly as heavy as I thought. I guess it’s not the I beams themselves that are heavy.

I was fairly surprised by that weight as well. just from looking at them i would have assumed they'd be like 50+ each.

08c4032ac7178b04a54a16e71c995e5c.jpg

All new front end ball joint and bushing parts. Part numbers picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put used injectors in when I installed the Pimpxshift because I needed them for the supercharger that I was going to install.

It’s not easy showing other people your failures but installing used injectors without getting them checked out could be a costly mistake. I’m not saying that it caused my breakage but you can hopefully learn from my mistake. It cost $226 to have the injectors cleaned and flowed. Obvious difference in the before and after.
997f86c3fc59a4ea191792f1a1055d7f.jpg

Last edited:
I put used injectors in when I installed the Pimpxshift because I needed them for the supercharger that I was going to install.

It’s not easy showing other people your failures but installing used injectors without getting them checked out could be a costly mistake. I’m not saying that it caused my breakage but you can hopefully learn from my mistakes. It cost $226 to have the injectors cleaned and flowed. Obvious difference in the before and after.
997f86c3fc59a4ea191792f1a1055d7f.jpg

Oh wow! Well that answers why those cylinders were so different. Sell them and get Injector Dynamics!

Oh wow! Well that answers why those cylinders were so different. Sell them and get Injector Dynamics!

They’re perfect now!
But.. if someone wants them I need some room to grow. These will support 900 hp.

Last edited:
We have 93 readily available. It’s a minimum 30 mile drive to get E-85. Trying to make this truck easy to drive! Should be able to make good power on 93.

I just realized that I hadn’t updated on this.

I originally ordered a short block from ZSR, later I found out that the local machine shop could “fix” my AFR 220 heads but they would have to take more off the deck than the manufacturer recommends and use a thicker head gasket to make up the difference. While that’s great that they can salvage them, I don’t really want to put them on a new short block and add boost. They may have been fine but I’ll use them on another project.

I mulled over the long block options for weeks and settled on https://shop.zsrengines.com/products/sportsman-95-1200hp-turbo
It’s actually in the complete engines section, not the long block.
When looking at the additional costs over the short block that I had picked out I couldn’t buy the additional parts and install them myself for what I would pay for the combo. I would MUCH rather that Zac does it.
I’m excited to try out the TFS 225 high ports!
Adding pictures in case link doesn’t work in the future.
83a46f03f47f16cd79d873be9b8fb0c1.jpg

53cd414c44a6f5211c6bc0ab9b69338c.jpg

fc184f43518e84655b1bba465937bf94.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back