Rear end out

Truetrack for the win. Just installed one back in May with Adam's expertise. Get the Ratech 8.8 rebuild kit that has the carrier bearings, shims and solid pinion spacer (you DON't want to use a pinion crush sleeve) and also the correct axle bearings. The Ratech kit also comes with mustang axle tube sized bearings (Too small OD) so you'll need a correct set from NAPA.
My diff was one good hook from grenading. The side gears were worn to points and the carrier bearings were worn into the carrier spacers to the point that the spacers clicked into the bearing cages Good luck!
If I get the kit in the link from Broncograveyard it would come with everything except the axle bearings and the solid pinion spacer you mentioned. Where would I get the spacer and why do I need it over the provided crush sleeve? I pm'd Adam about this thread, hopefully he has time to chime in.

If I get the kit in the link from Broncograveyard it would come with everything except the axle bearings and the solid pinion spacer you mentioned. Where would I get the spacer and why do I need it over the provided crush sleeve? I pm'd Adam about this thread, hopefully he has time to chime in.

You'll need a couple crush sleeves to get it right. With the solid spacer and an old reamed out pinion bearing setting preload is a breeze before you press on the new pinion bearing. Usually you'll go too far with the crush sleeve before you get it right.

What gears do I get? There isn't any listed under the lightning section that isn't part of a kit. I don't want to order the wrong stuff.

Just look under the fox section and for 8.8 ford racing gears.

- - - Updated - - -

M420988410 is the part number

- - - Updated - - -

$136.28 to my door

Awesome thanks everyone!
Parts list consists of
True Trac
Ford racing gears
Ratech bearing kit and extra spacer pack
Axle bearings and seals from parts store
Gear oil
My next question is will any parts store axle bearings be good enough or should I look elsewhere for a specific type? As far as gears oil goes I have 3 bottles of valvoline I was going to use when I threw the spare rear under the truck. Can I use that or should I use something else? It was only $21 for the 3 bottles so I'm not going to cry about not being able to use it. If I'm able to keep the cost of this project down I may also buy the hellwig rear sway bar since my dogs ate the bushings off the old end links šŸ˜ƒ

I think the ratech kit comes with axle bearings and seals.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no idea what fluid the shop used in mine.

I know there's a thread about using what the manufacturer suggests and to use motorcraft along with the friction modifier but I was just seeing what everyone thinks. I don't want to buy liquid gold haha

Ratech #3021k from Summitracing. It does have the bearings and seals.

Just make sure the bearings fit the truck axle housing not the mustang housing. The mustang bearings fit the axle, but not the housing. The axle bearings and seals in the kit I listed are too small of an OD for the axle housing.

What size is the diameter? I don't see any info on the specifics of each part included so I will probably have to call and verify. I wonder what brand of bearings come in the Bronco graveyard kit. Does anyone know? We may be making this more challenging than it should be. I have a tendency to do that.

The true trac needs no friction modifier. Also the shop I had install my true trac and gears with that ratech kit never mentioned pieces not fitting.

Back