Rear Brakes | Haven’t Been This Irritated In A While

bumperquip

So, what am I missing?

Is there some lock-down, fail-safe, GD thermonuclear “go” code needed just to get a GD rear drum off?!

I have a driver’s side rear wheel cylinder failure ... and all I wanna do is change it out.

However, my drum is stuck.

I’ve gotten to the point where I can no longer retract anything any further with the adjustment star wheel and its apparent that either the e-brake or the passenger rear brakes themselves are locked in the ON position.

While up on stands and in neutral, the passenger side rear wheel will spin, the driver’s side is locked tight.

The e-brake cable has been dis-assembled and any fluid pressure has been released.

Am I missing something?

Are you sure you retracted? Didnt expand it?

Ive had to tap a few off before

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Star wheel “up” to retract (loosen from drum), “down” to expand (tighten to drum) ... right?

... and where did this purse s**t come from William?

Star wheel down to retract when looking from the backing plate side.

I'm not sure I've ever had one stick that badly but I have had to beat on the drum with a hammer and do a lot of wiggling to get one off before.

Diks ... you guys are total Diks ...

... and after all I’ve done for you guys ... you’re still just total Diks ...

I hate brakes... I had the issues with mine I believe when you get a the drum off it’ll be obvious, hopefully. I’m thinkin hardware failure and stuck somehow. Weird that it spins on jack stands though.

I just changed the rear brakes on the rear of my 2012 raptor and had to beat the caliper so hard it couldnt be used again (was replacing anyway). You would be suprized how a very little rust can hang on to a small clearance.

Hit it with a rubber mallet. HARD ALOT. Also try some WD or PB around the axle flange and stud areas of drum.

Hitting it inward as well a couple times helps loosen any rusted areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not married yet. I still have my man card

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You are not a man until you've been married to the same woman for 30 years and survived to talk about it!! Then and only then, if you still have your sanity can you pull your man card out!

Back