Probe GT vs Prelude SH

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MO Lightning:
Hey, Jeff, GOOD KILL!!!

Hey RT4U2BEAT---SHUUUTTUUUPPP!!!!
Funny thing is that you weren't there, you were given the actual scenario that really happened, you don't know the opposing driver, AND YOU ARE STILL MAKING EXCUSES FOR THE LOSER BECAUSE THE FORD WON. Driving skill? HAHAHA!!! This sounds like you've been brainwashed by your R/T buddies into believing a Ford can't win a race. The problem is that it's just like doing five tequila shooters at the bar and then picking a fight with Bubba. No matter how much you believe your going to win, the truth is that your going to end up bloody-side down on the floor. Accept the truth; FORDS DO WIN RACES. Sure, there's some fast Dakotas, Hondas, and hundreds of other cars and trucks out there that are fast. Just don't call "BULL$#IT" unless you were there. Whew. I've been waiting to do that for weeks...

I'm not picking on Dakotas, just that this owner in particular needs some therapy...unless you are joking and I need to go to anger management classes. Oh well, either way, my point was made.

</font>

AHAHAHAHA

I havent laughed that good in weeks
smile.gif
Thanks MO!!!

Danno

------------------
98 DA CC R/T
12.99 @ 103.72
Sigpic.jpg

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by: MO Lightning
Hey, Jeff, GOOD KILL!!!
Hey RT4U2BEAT---SHUUUTTUUUPPP!!!!
Funny thing is that you weren't there, you were given the actual scenario that really happened, you don't know the opposing driver, AND YOU ARE STILL MAKING EXCUSES FOR THE LOSER BECAUSE THE FORD WON. Driving skill? HAHAHA!!! This sounds like you've been brainwashed by your R/T buddies into believing a Ford can't win a race. The problem is that it's just like doing five tequila shooters at the bar and then picking a fight with Bubba. No matter how much you believe your going to win, the truth is that your going to end up bloody-side down on the floor. Accept the truth; FORDS DO WIN RACES. Sure, there's some fast Dakotas, Hondas, and hundreds of other cars and trucks out there that are fast. Just don't call "BULL$#IT" unless you were there. Whew. I've been waiting to do that for weeks...

I'm not picking on Dakotas, just that this owner in particular needs some therapy...unless you are joking and I need to go to anger management classes. Oh well, either way, my point was made.
</font>

Now who's picking apart posts? I never posted that a Ford can't win a race. You're assuming a lot in this post, something FMOS frowns upon, careful. How in the hell do you get off into turning this into a "Ford can't win races" thread? Then you bring R/Ts into this. Relax man. I was just saying that the 97+ Prelude would kill the Probe GT. You guys seem to get bent all out of shape about it. This was never about me calling Fords slow, or that R/Ts are better. I was just comparing two cars. What does me being there have anything to do with it? I don't doubt he actually beat the 'lude. However, the Prelude should've one, plain and simple. I neve called bullshit, I was just a bit weary about it. Calm down. You guys are so quick to draw your guns. Yes driving skill has a lot to do with it. Let's face it, a lot of the ricers don't know how to drive their 5-speeds. Especially when VTEC comes into play, most of them don't know the proper shift points to fully utilize the potential of VTEC.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DJANIMATE:
Yesterday I was in my Briggs and Stratton 5Hp go-cart when a honda civic pulls up next to me.
I throw a rev and him and he bites, the light turns green and we're off. I took him off the line and held him all the way through 1st, since I only had one gear he eventually overtook me but I did hold him off.

</font>
ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!! was that briggs running a straight pipe? a chip and a two speed rear would bust into low 12's....
biggrin.gif
.....I love this board!!!!!!

Who's picking apart posts? YOU ARE!!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RT4U2NV:
I dunno about this. The late model preludes with the H22 are pretty quick, especially the Type SH. BTW, how did you know it was a Type SH. All 97+ Preludes run mid 15s, with a good driver of course. I've raced both a Probe GT and a late model Prelude in a '01 V6 Camry. The Prelude was WAAY quicker. I will admit that the Hondas aren't anything off the line. They all race from a roll so they can that "all-mighty" VTEC working for them. Good kill and all, but I bet the other guy didn't know how to drive.</font>

You "Don't know about this?" Why would he lie about a kill like this? "How do you know it was an SH?" If Jeff knows what an SH is, I'm sure he can spot one. Since you've raced both a Prelude and a Probe (in your Camry LOL) then Jeff couldn't have beat the Honda because that particular one beat you worse than the Probe. They WERE racing from a roll, they were on the hiway! "I bet the other guy didn't know how to drive?" What, did he miss that 5th to 3rd shift? As far as drawing our guns fast...What do you think you did? You DID call bull$#it, whether you think you did or not. Oh, and regarding your comment about me assuming you don't question when Fords win races...read some of your other posts on War Zone. The reason I brought R/T's into this is because that is what you base all of your spewing on. Drive the competition. You'll be surprised...

so i dont get it...
so basically if something SHOULD win, if it does LOSE its not fair?
so if i line up against a F40 and when we take off he beaks an axle or something and i win, its NOT really a win because i SHOULD of lost??
a win is a win and at the track its the same deal, first one to the finish wins, regardless of who SHOULD of won.
but it is funny stuff, honda's vs. probes....honda's vs go carts.
all for a good laugh.

later,

Anthony

------------------
1994 Lightning #2685
1987 Harley FLHT
1967 Ranchero

You "Don't know about this?" Why would he lie about a kill like this? "How do you know it was an SH?" If Jeff knows what an SH is, I'm sure he can spot one. Since you've raced both a Prelude and a Probe (in your Camry LOL) then Jeff couldn't have beat the Honda because that particular one beat you worse than the Probe. They WERE racing from a roll, they were on the hiway! "I bet the other guy didn't know how to drive?" What, did he miss that 5th to 3rd shift? As far as drawing our guns fast...What do you think you did? You DID call bull$#it, whether you think you did or not. Oh, and regarding your comment about me assuming you don't question when Fords win races...read some of your other posts on War Zone. The reason I brought R/T's into this is because that is what you base all of your spewing on. Drive the competition. You'll be surprised...</font>

Now you're just trying to start a flame war.

I never said either one of them beat me in my Camry. I posted that the Honda was way quicker. In fact I kept even with the Honda in the Camry. The Camry has VVTL-i and the Honda has VTEC, tell me what the awsome technology of a '93 Probe has.

As far as the other guy not knowing how do drive, I've already explained this. If you didn't understand it the first time then there is no point of me posting it again.

I never called B.S. If you would bother to read my original post then you would see I told him good kill. However, I was a little weary about this kill because the Prelude should have won, straight out.

I think it is you who should read some of my other posts in other threads because I always tell people how well the Lightning is built and how it's a great truck. I do question some of the kills, this is by no means my way of discrediting Ford. You need to stop trying to fish for material in my posts.

I still don't understand why you bring R/Ts and Lightning into this. No one had posted anything about the two, until you did. You ust assume that my facts are based in my R/T ownership. C'mon now, how is me quesitoning a race between a Probe and Prelude in ANYWAY related to me driving an R/T. I drive a Camry as well, what about that?

Hey R/T guys...is RT4MEtoPOOPon basically the JJ of the R/T owners? Just curious...

------------------
Nothing strikes faster than Lightning!

So every time one of us kills a Vette you're a little "weary" of it because the Vette should have won, right?

RT4NO12NV,
Tell me what awsome technology my 68 Firebird had with its out-of-production pushrod 400ci V-8. The power windows in my Lightning has more technology than my whole Firebird had. But yet, I could rip most anything on the road with the little Poncho. Technology does not win races, dude.

------------------
Kevin Lewis NLOC #405
68 Firebird - Sold - to my brother, what a sucker!
93 Black SHO ATX - Cone Filter, Eibach Springs, and Doug Lewis Tranny
93 Black (Grey) Lightning - Stock
95 Black Lightning - Vortech S-Trim (10 rib), TW Heads (milled and polished), FMS 1.6 Rockers, Lunati Roller Cam, Mass Air Conversion, FMS 36# Injectors, Chip by PSP, Precision Industries Converter (2800 RPM), Bassani Headers, Bassani XPipe, Dynomax Race Mag Bullets, Full MSD Ignition, Electric Fans, And waaaaaay too much fun.....
lowlight.jpg
nloc6.gif

My 95 when it was down low, stock height now.

RT: Me? Start a flame war? Never. I'm just pointing out the obvious. YOU read your post over as well as other posts on War Zone. Pretty funny I have Lightning AND Dakota guys BOTH backing me...Who's supporting you???

Why did I bring up Lightnings and Dakotas? Oh, wait, where did I say Lightning? I brought up Dakotas because that's why you're here on this page; to flaunt your truck and voice your anti-Lightning spew. If you want support, go buy some pantyhose cuz you ain't going to find any support here.

BTW; Your doubts are appreciated, but you come off with the attitude that we are full of $#it and you know it all. Weren't you the one that had the single vs. twin turbo argument? Oh, wait, Jeff smoked you on that one, too. Correct info sucks, doesn't it???

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by svtpickemup:
RT4NO12NV,
The power windows in my Lightning has more technology than my whole Firebird had. /B]</font>

Isnt that auto down function the neatest little thing??? Gotta love it..

------------------
01 white lightning, JDM flip chip, Best ET so far, 13.23 @ 104mph.
2000 Civic Si, vortech, killer stereo, screaming little bitch.
2000 Suzuki RM125. slings mud every weekend.
85 toyota tercel
3 Beagles,My boyz, Pokey, Nitro, and Slinger JJ's Whitelightning

My new albums

[The Camry has VVTL-i
?[/B]</font>

Quick question RT... what year camry are you talking about??? and do you know what VVTL-i stands for?? and what it does?? Just wondering, not flaming at all. I just want to see if you can post the facts about what you say this Camry has and if you know what it does ....thats all.. JJ

I have been working on cars for a living for 16 years and go to about 6 training sessions a year at about 12 hours a peice, so I know the answers, I am just wondering if you do........

[This message has been edited by JJ's Whitelight (edited 07-25-2001).]

The technology is called "VRIS" (do Asian manufacturers have a fascination with acronymns starting with "V?") and it gave the lightest V6 ever produced more torque over a wider band than any FWD Honda pilot has ever dreamed of stock.

Oh, and guess what, I've found a bundle of PGT times in the mid-high 15s from guys with loaded cars - which my car weighs 220 lbs less than (and nearly 400 lbs less than the SH porker)!! And what do you know, that $28K Prelude SH has a whole, whopping 1 tenth and 1 mph advantage in the car rags. WOW! That is SO much faster!! The amazing VTEC is SURE awesome!!!
rolleyes.gif

Bring on the buzz bombs, baby!!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by: Gitchi Manitou
So every time one of us kills a Vette you're a little "weary" of it because the Vette should have won, right?</font>

That is a whole different story. This is between a stock Probe GT and a Prelude Type SH. When you guys post kills between a Lightning and Vette, a lot more factors come into play.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by: svtpickmeup
Tell me what awsome technology my 68 Firebird had with its out-of-production pushrod 400ci V-8. The power windows in my Lightning has more technology than my whole Firebird had. But yet, I could rip most anything on the road with the little Poncho. Technology does not win races, dude.</font>

You're talking about a '68. I'm talking about cars in the 90, when computers, fuel injection, and emissions came into play. I was comparing two economical compact sports cars, not ground pounding V8 muscle cars. Also, technology does win races.

RT: Me? Start a flame war? Never. I'm just pointing out the obvious. YOU read your post over as well as other posts on War Zone. Pretty funny I have Lightning AND Dakota guys BOTH backing me...Who's supporting you???</font>

Support? People supported Hitler too.

Why did I bring up Lightnings and Dakotas? Oh, wait, where did I say Lightning? I brought up Dakotas because that's why you're here on this page; to flaunt your truck and voice your anti-Lightning spew. If you want support, go buy some pantyhose cuz you ain't going to find any support here.</font>

You're just posting out of your ass now, not that you haven't before. It's just too much to handle now. You just assumed that I post on this board to bash Ls and rave about R/Ts. Get a clue man. You brought up Dakotas because that's all you had. This thread has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Dakotas. You brought it up to try and instigate a flame war. I suggest you do some research of my posts if you think I am "anti-Lightning."

BTW; Your doubts are appreciated, but you come off with the attitude that we are full of $#it and you know it all. Weren't you the one that had the single vs. twin turbo argument? Oh, wait, Jeff smoked you on that one, too. Correct info sucks, doesn't it???</font>

I can have my doubts and feel free to post them. They are my doubts. I never outright posted that the kill was bullshit. I was just questioning some factors. You are too full of Ford pride to understand that. I wasn't taking sides, totally neutral. You just saw that someone who own's an R/T questioned a race between a Ford GT and a Honda Prelude and within an instant draw your gun. You are totally blinded by the fact that you own a Ford and I own a Dodge.

BTW, No one proved me wrong in the Single Turbo vs. TT. The Fastest imports out there have a single turbo.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by: JJ's Whitelight
Quick question RT... what year camry are you talking about??? and do you know what VVTL-i stands for?? and what it does?? Just wondering, not flaming at all. I just want to see if you can post the facts about what you say this Camry has and if you know what it does ....thats all.. JJ</font>

It's an '01 V6. I know what VVTL-i is and what it stands for. There is no point in me telling someone who already knows. Suppose I do explain to you, for the sake of you believing me, what it is. Anyone can look that kind of information up on the internet and pawn it off like they knew it all along. Just believe me when I tell you.

It's an '01 V6. I know what VVTL-i is and what it stands for. There is no point in me telling someone who already knows. Suppose I do explain to you, for the sake of you believing me, what it is. Anyone can look that kind of information up on the internet and pawn it off like they knew it all along. Just believe me when I tell you.</font>

This is exactly the type of response I expected from you............

You will take the time to post what info you have on how a Probe should have been smoked by the prelude, citing magazine articles and track times and such, but you cant even take the time to prove that you have even the slightest clue as to what you are talking about....
You said something to the effect that "if you guys knew anything about import performance, you would understand that these cars run real good"........... well??? where is your knowledge about them?? do you know what other Toyota's share the VVTi system?? Do you know what it does and how it does it? or are you just smoking baby jesus again and talking out of your ass???

Dont you see that you are alone on this one and that your regular buds have abandoned you??????? Mostly because you are full of shit...........

oh yeah, well my 98 prelude SH had COLD AIR INDUCTION! so HA!

------------------
Silver 01
bedrug&snuglid
JL Audio system
Magnaflow 14468
picture album
icon3.jpg

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by: JJ's Whitelight
You will take the time to post what info you have on how a Probe should have been smoked by the prelude, citing magazine articles and track times and such, but you cant even take the time to prove that you have even the slightest clue as to what you are talking about....
You said something to the effect that "if you guys knew anything about import performance, you would understand that these cars run real good"........... well??? where is your knowledge about them?? do you know what other Toyota's share the VVTi system?? Do you know what it does and how it does it? or are you just smoking baby jesus again and talking out of your ass???
</font>

What magazine times have I quoted? You are the one who posts magazines times, even when they hurt your point.

I'm not going to get into this with you. First of all, Toyota doesn't have VVT-i anymore. Second, I doubt you know yourself.

My family has bought nothing but Toyotas for as long as I can remember. Hell, my dad had a Lexus (Toyotas finest engines, and the first import V8s) ever since they first came out. So believe me when I tell you that I know how a Toyota engine works and all it's technology(read: single turbo SC300).

Your right RT, you didnt post any mag times.. sorry.. I was thinking about someone else....

As for the VVTi.. I do believe that the last 00 and 01 Corrolla and Celica I worked on had it.... VVTi is even in the Lexus GS430, unless they are calling it something else these days.... Continuously Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i)
......... Nope, they arent... Just got that off the Lexus website ..........

1.8-liter double overhead cam (DOHC) 16-valve 4-cylinder with Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i)

Hmmmm.. Just got that off the Toyota website for the MR2 spyder....

You should really do more than turn your computer on and go directly here.. it can take you other amazing places where you can learn.....
Come on DJ.. I know you gotta be inspired by this one..... JJ

------------------
01 white lightning, JDM flip chip, Best ET so far, 13.23 @ 104mph.
2000 Civic Si, vortech, killer stereo, screaming little bitch.
2000 Suzuki RM125. slings mud every weekend.
85 toyota tercel
3 Beagles,My boyz, Pokey, Nitro, and Slinger JJ's Whitelightning

My new albums

opps

[This message has been edited by Autothrottle (edited 07-26-2001).]

RT; What's up? I'm just calling you on the fact that you doubt the kill really happened. "I dunno about this?" Sounds like calling bull$#it to me. "Guy didn't know how to drive?" Do I have to repeat myself AGAIN? Stick to the point! It was a kill! They both knew it!

As far as me starting flame wars...I hardly ever even go to the War Zone. Where do you get off saying I'm always starting $#it? I was even the one asking to get OFF OF the Dakota subject. Now I know why everybody picks on you.

Oh, and me being Ford-brainwashed? Is that why there's a Honda CRX in the driveway beside my wife's Grand Prix GT?

------------------
Brendon Hale
Black 94L #620
'84 Bronco II
'86 Honda CRX-milled head, bumped timing

Back