Post your Resto and Rejuve Photos Here

Nicely done Fred... nicely done indeed.

I'll let you know when I'll be making a trip over there to have a look-see for myself.

The EGR spacer and EGR post are painted and cleared. The EGR itself, the IAC and TB are just raw.

I've still got just a little work to do on it (i.e. the corroded coolant ports and vac bracket posts) but it's for the most part done.

I'm actually a little concerned that once this thing's all together I might have just a little too much "bling".

DSC00672.jpg

DSC00671.jpg

DSC00670.jpg

DSC00673.jpg

Starter brushed and clear coated...

DSC00677.jpg

DSC00678.jpg

Test fitting again...

DSC00676.jpg

DSC00675.jpg

DSC00674.jpg

Last edited:
Motor's Fully Reassembled

Although it's all back together, I've got one more item to attend to before I'll be able to leave it alone... the AC compressor pulley is off and I'm in the process of stripping it, brushing it and clear coating it. It'll look identical to the WP and crank pulleys.

Also, the core support is at the shop for paint. I actually should be getting it back today (Monday, NOV 15th, 2010).

I've still got some details to deal with in the engine compartment (which you can probably pick out in the photos) but with the core support done, the re-installation of body parts can begin... can you friggin believe it?

DSC00774.jpg

DSC00775.jpg

DSC00776.jpg

Last edited:
Bump:

Been a long time comin' huh? You were well under way when I bought a Lightning and joined the site.

I should be heading to paint in the nexy couple of weeks in the Brandon area...I hope!

Dave

Couldn't take it anymore.....

I watched in horror as the lightning I Bought from my buddy was peeling in the sun. This poor thing needed TLC.........So far, it's in primer awaiting paint. I'm currently trying to find a good(not overpriced) place to pickup emblems, exhaust, 3rd brake light, roll pan, door window strips, steering wheel, mirrors....etc.....
IMG_3126.jpg

IMG_3127.jpg

IMG_3147.jpg

IMG_3145.jpg

IMG_3131.jpg

IMG_3172.jpg

IMG_3166.jpg

IMG_3174.jpg

Here's a few pics of my rear suspension resto, before and after. Frame was sandblasted and all brackets were replaced (leaf spring hangers, shock brackets, etc.) The black paint is dupont epoxy primer and ChromaOne with flattener, but it ended up being pretty glossy anyway. The silver on the tanks and other misc. small parts is Duplicolor aluminum over SEM etching primer. excuse the cables still hanging down in the last pic...

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn nice job on the whole rear end. Turned out looking great:eek:ldtu: What type and how much drop are your hangers?

The hangers are Ford factory replacements, and the shackles are djm 2" drop. With the factory traction leaf removed its right around 2" lower total.

Bumperquip, If you don't mind me asking, what type of intake/cone filter is that and where did you get it??? Your truck looks amazing by the way!!!!

Last edited:
Bumperquip, If you don't mind me asking, what type of intake/cone filter is that and where did you get it??? Your truck looks amazing by the way!!!!

Of course I don't mind...

It's a custom unit made by Chip Clarke (Madramper). He did a really limited run of them a couple years back. I think he made like 7 or 10 of 'em.

I'm not sure exactly what he's up to these days... he checks in now and then but I haven't heard from him in bit.

He may be willing to put one or two together so you might wanna try to touch base with and see what's up if you think you might want one.

Back